Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:23:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer virus used to steal cryptos?  (Read 2189 times)
aliceayag

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:30:18 AM

Anything is possible now, since crypto is popular nowadays. Other often do stealing because of their aim (money).
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:03:51 AM

well being careful with one's wallet should be the case, if there is not enough security for your wallet then i think that makes it prone to some of this virus and thieve. but it also has to do with safe trading and not giving your private keys out
Phan Long

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:04:16 AM

This is one of the reasons why Bitcoin has lowered its price at the moment. Thieves will be punished by law. But most of all, you need to take precautions to protect your wallet, such as antivirus software. If possible, you should invest a hardware wallet, you will be more secure about your money.
Awhore

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:06:37 AM

Definitely! Not just computer virus, even mail messages and others.. once you open the message, they get full access to your system. These people are so good at what they do, I just hope these security apps coming up recently will really checkmate them to a commendable point. Many people has really lost hard-earned coins to cyber-thieves.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:08:15 AM

Yes, it is used to steal personal server information. Virus is really dangerous because it is always present in web pages and be careful in strange links.
Many have lost more than $ 20k because they were curious and infiltrated into strange links.

Babatunde1989

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:16:15 AM

One of the major way to prevent computer virus is to install applications on your computer so that the virus can be removed from your computer, and try to preventing it from infiltrating into folders containing your important data.
toygama

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:19:22 AM

Yes it can be happen if virus attached to our computer or laptop  sure hanker will stolen our data easily from our system so before installing  any app or software we have to check about that and we should have a anti in our system otherwise we will loss our data than easily hanker can take our crypto tokens with our database.

That's a very big possibilities but it's our obligation to secure our data especially there is anyone who makes a living in an easy way. We must established an anti virus system so that we can be sure the safety of our data.
cryptobounties

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:21:35 AM

Most of the sites are having some kind of js installed these days I guess. My anti virus shows up some warnings every now and then.
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:35:40 AM

There are three traditional ways of using malicious software to "earn" bitcoins. This is the theft of private keys to bitcoins, purses of bitcoins with the help of bots-parasites stealing processing power, and extortion of money to restore access to encrypted files.
BayView20

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:02:32 PM

Those viruses are very dangerous for cryptos.
ReactionClever58

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:03:02 PM

We should aware of that. This is very bad.
StarPlanet458

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:04:17 PM

I think if you keep your pc protected then it will nor be harmful.
Boysen

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:13:09 PM

It could be one of the reason why bitcoin is going down because of the hackers once they hacked an account or a wallet they gonna send to their address and withdraw all. Let's be careful what we download might contain virus that can steal your cryptos, double check the URL and it has high security when you try to trade in exchanges.
This kind of thing proves that people are indeed using someone's weakness in order to gain something. That is the problem of people of today. They did not feel the contentment instead they do bad things in order to be on top of everyone. This implies that the users should take good care of their computer, not just their wallet. In this case, even this is like to steal bitcoin, it simple means that bitcoin is very important today.

CryptomartN

Activity: 68

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:17:29 PM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

Check out the link about this news I have red.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-nabs-crypto-thieves-social-120041067.html
Why are this criminals and thieves spoiling the crypto market. I wish they will be jailed or sentenced for life.
derekeaton

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:19:07 PM

The virus can be of any type and direction, and given the current trends, the virus that steals the cryptos was only a matter of time
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:22:10 PM

Sure, the thieves are annoying. However, that is a problem a lot of people have - Even the biggest companies.

It's not something only about the Crypto world, but turns out Hackers are not stupid(obviously) and they know the value this kind of currencies have, not only know but for the future. Really effective way of retiring.

I do recognize a job well done, especially when the company with a lot of millions don't take properly security measures due to greed, they deserve it. However, i personally prefer the long path towards goals and i encourage others to learn and improve personally while on the way. Getting rich too quick can lead to bigger problems.
satana_igor666

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

As one of the options to reduce the price of crypto currency, this can make sense.
Bacchu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:21:49 PM

yes,computer virus used to steal crypto from our laptop or desktop.hacker just try to install a virus at out laptop/desktop than try to collect our personal data.after that he used those data to steal the money. Every time I used a antivirus for my laptop and regular scan my files. also I never install any unauthorized app or software at my pc.
jamesblue1

Activity: 47
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:26:08 PM

The best thing to do is to have a two-way authenticator or store these coins offline . Even virus in your computer cant penetrate if you use these kinds of method.

Here are some method on where to store it using offline method. This is the safest way though.
1. On a USB drive or other storage media
2. On a Paper wallet
3. On a bearer item such as a physical bitcoin
4. Use a offline Bitcoin Hardware wallet

Step 1 — Create a bootable USB flash drive.
Step 2 — Create a cold wallet.
Step 3 — Create a “watch-only” wallet in the main OS or mobile phone.
Step 4–Spend Bitcoins in a secured way.

I summarized the context from this blog : https://goo.gl/aZn2kg
If you want to learn more just visit the link.
Ava Duvall

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:54:35 AM

Its a real possibility. most keep their profits in paper wallets , offline or in tight lockdown to be protected from viruses. some lose their profits in minutes due to lack of security. so its up to us to keep our information and profits as safe as possible
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: