Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer virus used to steal cryptos?  (Read 2178 times)
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 04:46:52 AM

I think hackers who use the technique of spreading viruses on personal computers to steal cryptocurrency assets do not have a significant effect on price reductions in the crypto market. the most influential thing is when a big exchanger is attacked by hackers, but obviously it's not as simple as just spreading viruses and is very risky for the hackers themselves. the fact that the risk of hackers is already part of technology, there is no safe system because the system itself is made by humans, conventional banks that use digital / internet technology are very vulnerable to hacking, the most important thing now is how developers are able to contribute to solving this problem , minimizing internet crime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 05:43:08 AM

crypto virus? i never heard of it before , afaik there is no viruses that attacks our wallet or crypto account . besides , every pc or laptop owner do always have antiviruses installed on thier devices so its almost impossible that a virus can penetrate .

phishers and hackers are the real problem when dealing with our cryptos because they are many reports about them that users lost hundreds and thousands of coins every single day which is verry alarming .
Zadeket

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:10:42 AM

There is more cheaters then i am seen ever.
Crypto transactions cant be cancel and its main reason why they all there.
While i dont know how to completely secure wallets, i am use for wallet other pc where i dont surf on crypto related sites
It is true that viruses that steal crypto enter via e-mail or links that we follow when browsing the internet. Hackers are very smart and they take advantage of our negligence when surfing because without realizing it on a laptop or PC there is a crypto wallet. My habit before closing the laptop is to activate the anti-virus and check whether there is a virus entering or not.
DavidNiva

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 02:25:14 AM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

Check out the link about this news I have red.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-nabs-crypto-thieves-social-120041067.html
there seems to be no crime in the world that can get away from law enforcement, for many examples today many countries have cyber crime law enforcement, so it is very difficult for cybercriminals to steal data on the internet, especially bitcoin with a decentralized system that is impossible to in the background of the hekers, if there is a fraud it usually happens to the new ICO who is too bad.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 04:38:10 AM

Hackers have a number of ways to steal your money some time they sell software in the market where they have designed a special virus for the stealing of crypto and it is good to say that when you are aware of these zip your computerized data in a second hard drive and many advertisement and cookies are also on internet to which clicking is very dangerous.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Sanaga

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:29:15 PM

The virus can be of any type and direction, and given the current trends, the virus that steals the cryptos was only a matter of time
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:37:25 PM

crypto virus? i never heard of it before , afaik there is no viruses that attacks our wallet or crypto account . besides , every pc or laptop owner do always have antiviruses installed on thier devices so its almost impossible that a virus can penetrate .

phishers and hackers are the real problem when dealing with our cryptos because they are many reports about them that users lost hundreds and thousands of coins every single day which is verry alarming .
Then you are probably ignorant about it and should gain more knowledge about securing your wallet or else you will end up losing every coins you have. There are viruses that can steal all your coins from your computer. This is one of the reasons people tend to use hardware wallets instead of desktop wallet, to keep their coins secure from getting hacked. The virus is another prime reason why people so isolated computers when storing huge amount of coins.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
self love sisters

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:48:05 PM

“Security is both the biggest issue in bitcoin and the biggest opportunity in bitcoin. Solve it and you may create a massive new industry." Quoted from Andreas A. Smiley
valisa

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 02:07:12 PM

Is it only because of cryptocurrency theft that almost all cryptocurrency prices have decreased like now, maybe this is deliberately created to reduce the price of bitcoin and altcoin. at the moment I'm not sure Bitcoin can recover quickly as before, I prefer to sell rather than hold it
kalel18
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:02:34 PM

This hacker,thieves etc. They are the one that can down cryptocurrency in any ways, they just have the ability to create a virus that simply stole the acounts, so we must be sure that our acounts are safe, not to be able to supply any viruses to our computers and the security acounts must be securely for security that can not be easily taken over by others, hackers make everything to steal in any cost.
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 03:30:02 PM

As I have seen from a website about China's nabbing crypto thieves.  So, being a computer genius has a lot of advantages to get rich so easily with cryptocurrencies if they will not be caught.  Unlike us who makes clean living by trading, mining, investing and bounty hunting, they tend to get easy income in their professional thieves way.  Might be this is the reason why bitcoin's value is going down.  Just my thoughts..

Sometimes it needs to be careful, that thieves can also use applications embedded in their own devices, they can control our devices with their applications embedded on our computers, if they download applications from the browser, then if instructed to install them on their devices itself, of course it will cause all files to change to be similar to the file that was downloaded before. So be careful downloading lots of files from the internet.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:18:09 PM

Crypto is a future digital currency. And we can use it anywhere. Because of which the risk of hacking our accounts is very high. That's why we need to be careful and if we are using online wallet, then we need to have some extra security.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:20:50 PM

You should understand that currency theft and fraud is not only a privilege of the cryptocurrency market. Such incidents occur everywhere in the Fiat market, as well as in the securities market, real estate and even precious metals. But as you can see their value from this is only growing, so your theory is fundamentally wrong and not logical.

bagsat
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 07:06:18 AM

Actually it is possible to happen. Not just computer virus but other form of stealing matterials. We should be vigilant and be responsible on what we are into.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 07:49:51 AM

Now Telegram is a big target for viruses and hackers, spammers, cheaters. They ar lurking everyone where on the internet and this is why we need more cybersecurity and more people to be brought to justice were stealing our money is concerned. I have been hacked and had lots of funds stolen from me since joining crypto and if I still had that money now I wouldn't be in such a low ebb of a place. I feel sad that these people are relentless to get away with hurting people and goes to show that too many nasty people are in crypto that need to be taken out. How do peeps expect mass adoption when you have too many nasty people in crypto that give it a bad name. Your average investor won't touch it with a barge pole until these peeps are cleaned out. Ethereum and Bitcoin, for example, has no mechanism to take out the hackers. There needs to be a way to put this in the code to recover funds back.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
mlsbd

Activity: 516
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 06:10:16 PM

I just heard in the last year about one stronger computer virus is RANSOMWARE and also your wallet will get hacked by affected some cryptography and malware. Using this virus hacker got millions and millions dollar. Computer programmer experts can quick rich to hacking or steal money.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 08:51:53 PM

There was and is that kind of viruses
most famous was virus hided in alts wallets distributed on social media btctalk etc
Many people were using free AV after downloading virus was cleaning your pc from coins
There was also very famous way to clean up  online wallet like blockchain.info
I knew some people who's btc were stolen on his own eyes just before making transaction
Now you have to avoid pishing sites and double check before you download anything to your pc
good vpn is recommended.Proton VPN is very good even free version

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Cryptoreflector_666

Activity: 728
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 09:17:13 PM

Unfortunately, there are same types of viruses written to steal crypto. Actually, in most cases they steal data that enable log in to your wallets or added places you save your coins and that enables perpetrator to steel your crypto. That is why is each and every one important to save your antivirus tool updated and be utterly cautious how safe is your entry to wallets, exchanges and linked.

Sometimes it happens that a person accidentally somewhere inserts his private key and without knowing it gives the opportunity to fraudsters to use your wallet. And when fraudulent actions begin to occur, a person accuses the antivirus or the unreliability of the system, instead of being more attentive.

Abal Abal

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 09:21:51 PM

I see this happening very often, and I have experienced it and recently my friend also experienced the same thing. and after I learned this will not happen if we use our device properly. because this virus will enter when we download something that is not clear, besides being careful when trying to connect the device with a WIFI network.

Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 09:22:00 PM

It is not so easy to hack a computer with all its corresponding security measures, if someone is so talented usually are much more comfortable and safe working for major technology firms such as Microsoft or Google, if you have all the security measures in place, you should not have problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: