Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh  (Read 13329 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:47:12 PM

Some times folks have trouble admitting when they're wrong! ...

Geez, he looks pretty stubborn...

I did not assault her on a boat.
I did not assault her with a goat.
I did not assault her here or there.
I did not assault her anywhere.

#Kavanaughhttps://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/politics/brett-kavanaugh-allegations/index.html …

(but did I think she was a goat? ...)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:12:23 PM

The women from CA just testified that she traveled to DC via airplane, that she traveled to DE via airplane last summer, and that has traveled via airplane many times, often to get to vacations, and for business purposes.

This directly contradicts with her claimed fear of flying, and with her reasons to not be able to testify on Monday, as she claimed to be afraid of flying.

She also testified that she did not submit to interviews with Senate staffers because she did not want to fly, and that she was hoping the staffers would come to her location, however this directly conflicts with Senator Grassley's staffers offering to go to her location to interview her.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 04:24:44 PM
Merited by Foxpup (1)

The women from CA just testified that she traveled to DC via airplane, that she traveled to DE via airplane last summer, and that has traveled via airplane many times, often to get to vacations, and for business purposes.

This directly contradicts with her claimed fear of flying, and with her reasons to not be able to testify on Monday, as she claimed to be afraid of flying.

She also testified that she did not submit to interviews with Senate staffers because she did not want to fly, and that she was hoping the staffers would come to her location, however this directly conflicts with Senator Grassley's staffers offering to go to her location to interview her.

Being afraid of something is not the same as being completely unable to do it. She got to DC, she's testifying under oath (something you didn't expect her to do).
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:32:54 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 04:44:20 PM by Quickseller

Being afraid of something is not the same as being completely unable to do it. She got to DC, she's testifying under oath (something you didn't expect her to do).
Her legal team was lying about the reasons why she cannot testify on Monday, and why she could not submit to interviews with Senate investigators.

edit: The women also testified that she did not pay for the polygraph test, but does not know who paid for it.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 04:49:05 PM

Her legal team was lying about the reasons why she cannot testify on Monday, and why she could not submit to interviews with Senate investigators.

Unless you can somehow prove that she's not afraid of flying it's a bit bold to call it a "lie".

You're pissed about a date change from Monday to Thursday but you don't think that an allegation of attempted rape warrants an additional background investigation. Come on, there is a serious subject being discussed, not some procedural squabble.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:54:28 PM

Unless you can somehow prove that she's not afraid of flying it's a bit bold to call it a "lie".

You're pissed about a date change from Monday to Thursday but you don't think that an allegation of attempted rape warrants an additional background investigation. Come on, there is a serious subject being discussed, not some procedural squabble.

Actually it's both things being discussed.

The attorneys are paid liars, of course. Paid by persons who want to work those procedural squabbles.

And now you've got all four of the people that Ford claims were at the party refuting her, plus two other men saying they think they may be the ones that she recalls groping her.

But yeah, it's nice that she actually showed up.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 05:06:08 PM

Actually it's both things being discussed.

The hearing is already well underway. Whatever the procedural squabble was with its scheduling - it's over. I mean we can discuss it but that's quite pointless.

allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:05:25 PM

I'm watching the hearing; what is shocking me is the fact that all Dems so far have tried to humanise her and have asked questions that cud easily apply to Kavanaugh too; like how did your spouse feel or how did your children feel.

The common line is that all Dems believe her; I am not saying that she is a liar; but why wud someone believe anyone on face value; the Dems are saying that this is not a trial; yet they are constantly questioning the fact that Mark Judge hasn't been subpeonaed; then how come is it not a trial?

Oh; this is a trial for Kavanaugh but not for the accuser?  Huh

I am totally not on the same page as a conservative individual as the judge, but if there is no conclusive proof against Kavanaugh; I don't see any reason why he shud be withheld on his nomination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:31:38 PM

Kim Strassel made a very good point about all the requests for an FBI investigation:

Quote from: Kim Strallel, WSJ editorial board via Twitter
This can't be said enough. And so saying it again. The Senate is doing as thorough if not more thorough an investigation than the FBI would/could. It is talking to same people, getting same evidence. Anybody calling for FBI investigation is doing so purely for delay.

The FBI doesn't even have the ability to compel anyone to talk to them, while the Senate does.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:38:25 PM

.... if there is no conclusive proof against Kavanaugh; I don't see any reason why he shud be withheld on his nomination.
Because turning the court 6-3 strict constitutionalist vs progressive would be a serious long term loss for the implementation of the New World Order in the USA.

Liberals can't get the world they want through the elections, so they try to get puppet judges that do their bidding.
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:38:48 PM

We are moving away from rule of law and towards rule of power away from freedom and towards tyranny.

There is not a single man in the country who could not be potentially brought down by the playbook unleashed during this nomination.

It's not surprising really. These tactics have a long history and they work.

Show me the man and I'll show you the crime
https://m.oxfordeagle.com/2018/05/09/show-me-the-man-and-ill-show-you-the-crime/
Quote from: Michael Henry
Lavrentiy Beria, the most ruthless and longest-serving secret police chief in Joseph Stalin’s reign of terror in Russia and Eastern Europe, bragged that he could prove criminal conduct on anyone, even the innocent.

“Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime” was Beria’s infamous boast. He served as deputy premier from 1941 until Stalin’s death in 1953, supervising the expansion of the gulags and other secret detention facilities for political prisoners. He became part of a post-Stalin, short-lived ruling troika until he was executed for treason after Nikita Khrushchev’s coup d’etat in 1953.

Beria targeted “the man” first, then proceeded to find or fabricate a crime. Beria’s modus operandi was to presume the man guilty, and fill in the blanks later. By contrast, under the United States Constitution, there’s a presumption of innocence that emanates from the 5th, 6th, and 14th Amendments, as set forth in Coffin vs. U.S. (1895).

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

...they are constantly questioning the fact that Mark Judge hasn't been subpeonaed...
If Mike Judge produced a sworn affidavit stating they have no knowledge of the supposed events at all, it's hard to see what more would be had by requiring his attendance.

Wait, I forgot. Another delay,,,
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 08:51:46 PM

If Mike Judge produced a sworn affidavit stating they have no knowledge of the supposed events at all, it's hard to see what more would be had by requiring his attendance.

He could have arrived today like everyone else so no delay would have been needed. There are certainly questions that can be asked beyond his knowledge of the specific party. He's written books that seem to contradict what Kavanaugh has said.

The real problem is that he would likely be a bad witness for Kavanaugh so the Republicans don't want him there.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:11:38 PM

He could have arrived today like everyone else so no delay would have been needed. There are certainly questions that can be asked beyond his knowledge of the specific party. He's written books that seem to contradict what Kavanaugh has said.

The real problem is that he would likely be a bad witness for Kavanaugh so the Republicans don't want him there.

Realistically the minimum cost including attorneys (required) to go to something like that is probably 10k.

I suppose other-side could ask him about drunken nights in high school, stuff unrelated to the Ford issue.

Meanwhile, it's Kavanaugh's turn and he's fighting mad.

https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2018/09/27/kavanaugh-fights-back-opening-statement/
michaelshodola

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:03:24 PM

In my opinion, this will set precedent for future nominations, he claimed character asasination against him as the accusations against him can not be proved, which is the case. The whole argument is based  on hearsay of events of decades ago.
In my opinion it is totally unfair to the man. Because no matter what happens there is no way he will get out of this unscathed.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:25:57 PM

I was listening to NPR today on t he ride home. They interrupted the normal BBC world series with this dude's testimony.

I find it hard to believe that a football player drinking beer didn't have any sexual contact with anyone until many years after highschool.

Dude lied under oath, and knows that because it's hard to disprove his statement. Of course, once you consider sword testimony as evidence, it's pretty obvious he's a lying douchebag.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:31:55 PM

Realistically the minimum cost including attorneys (required) to go to something like that is probably 10k.

I suppose other-side could ask him about drunken nights in high school, stuff unrelated to the Ford issue.

Meanwhile, it's Kavanaugh's turn and he's fighting mad.

https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2018/09/27/kavanaugh-fights-back-opening-statement/

More like hes having a temper tantrum LOLOL

This part was neat!

Sen Leahy:  Are you the Bart O'Kavanaugh in the book (ref to Mark Judges book Wasted)
Kavanaugh:  I don't know you would have ask him! (ref to Mark Judge)
Sen Leahy: Well I agree with you there and that's why I wished the chairman had him here under oath.

His own defense gives more credibility to the fact they need Judge and many other witnesses...

Kavanaugh is a liar period.  No reasonable innocent person with direct access to the POTUS and the FBI at the snap of a finger would not call for an immediate FULL FBI investigation.

You right wing nut jobs want to talk about not being reasonable to come out after 36 years how about not demanding your name be fucking cleared by the premiere investigative agency in the country...

You know if the FBI investigated the claims and found them completely false the republicans could smash the dems with the whole conspiracy theory and parade it around for the mid terms.

But since Kavanaugh did it and Trump can't manipulate the FBI the republicans know they are fucked and only have the bully tactic left to use.

Say bye to Kavanaugh folks!  I don't even think Flake is gonna let it hit the floor haha!
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:51:42 PM

I was listening to NPR today on t he ride home. They interrupted the normal BBC world series with this dude's testimony.

I find it hard to believe that a football player drinking beer didn't have any sexual contact with anyone until many years after highschool....

I don't but it's just because there are a lot of different kinds of people in this world.

I don't consider that a good or bad thing about him, just saying.

.... No reasonable innocent person with direct access to the POTUS and the FBI at the snap of a finger would not call for an immediate FULL FBI investigation.

You right wing nut jobs want to talk about not being reasonable to come out after 36 years how about not demanding your name be fucking cleared by the premiere investigative agency in the country...

You know if the FBI investigated the claims and found them completely false ....

This is a case of someone being asked to disprove an allegation with few facts. I'm not sure that's possible.

You already have the four people who were supposedly at the party saying it didn't happen, nothing like that ever happened. You've got two men (not named by Ford) saying they might well be the ones that she reported assaulted her.

I'm inclined toward believing Ford, the six others, and Kavanaugh. All of their testimony together makes perfect sense if just Ford remembers wrongly about who was in that room. Given the extent that she reports being drunk, it's possible. Mistaken identity does happen, look at the numbers of convicts who have been cleared by DNA.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:54:55 PM

Trump has tweeted regarding Kavanaugh:

Quote from: President Trump via Twitter
Judge Kavanaugh showed America exactly why I nominated him. His testimony was powerful, honest, and riveting. Democrats’ search and destroy strategy is disgraceful and this process has been a total sham and effort to delay, obstruct, and resist. The Senate must vote!

Hopefully, the Senate will vote Kavanaugh in over the weekend/next week, and make the Supreme Court great again!
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 11:05:24 PM

Kavanaugh's opening statement seems to have been designed to please Trump - maybe he was worried that Trump could pull the nomination if he looks weak. Could also play well with the Republican base. The trouble is that neither Trump nor the base will vote in the confirmation so he missed the boat by a mile with that speech. Something less tone-deaf would have been more appropriate for convincing the handful of Republican senators who might still be undecided.

The defense strategy now seems to be "mistaken identity".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: