Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:14:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anouncing the Winner of Logo Contest - cryptothrift.com 0.5 BTC up for grabs  (Read 4753 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
manatee

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:01:28 PM

Hey There,

This is my first post on the forums, I have been reading and researching about Bitcoin / Altcoins for the past few months and I am really fascinated.

I'm a Motion Graphics Designer / Animator but I figured I would take a shot at this too.

All feedback welcome, best of luck to everyone.

https://i.imgur.com/xupZCfC.jpg
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:03:07 PM

Some logo's are really nice. Goodluck guys.
Duetschpire (OP)

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

This is just getting harder... Smiley

Just over 6 hours left to submit your logo, if you're still planning to compete or have your say, now is the time..

Once the clock hits 600 UTC, we'll be closing this thread and taking few hours to discuss which ones will head to the community poll, link will be added here and shared on our social networks for people to vote. We will message those who have made it to the poll to grab their BTC address so we can submit the first payment.

Thanks for every one who have participated so far, such a great talent you guys have!

ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:36:13 PM

This is just getting harder... Smiley

Just over 6 hours left to submit your logo, if you're still planning to compete or have your say, now is the time..

Once the clock hits 600 UTC, we'll be closing this thread and taking few hours to discuss which ones will head to the community poll, link will be added here and shared on our social networks for people to vote. We will message those who have made it to the poll to grab their BTC address so we can submit the first payment.

Thanks for every one who have participated so far, such a great talent you guys have!

sounds good bro, More Coming!   Shocked
Bitcoinwunder

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:19:42 AM

Once the clock hits 600 UTC, we'll be closing this thread and taking few hours to discuss which ones will head to the community poll

Hi, don't want to spoil your plans or anything, but the "community poll" bit worries me a bit about this otherwise nice contest. What exactly do you have in mind?

The last contests on this forum that ended with polls were a complete desaster, because online polls can be easily manipulated (especially the forum polls). The last time people created just hundrends of new accounts to vote. Someone even wrote a script to create many accounts and vote automatically. It also doesn't really help to ask the 'community', because the big majority of people who follow this contest are participants that will just try to make their own design win.

If you want a fair vote and so the best logo for your website I recommend you to come up with another solution. I think you maybe could pick a small jury of people that don't participate and let them grade the top 3 - if you really don't want to decide alone.

I'm not even participating, but I thought I mention it, because I don't like to see those things end in drama. Smiley Smiley
manatee

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:36:24 AM

Once the clock hits 600 UTC, we'll be closing this thread and taking few hours to discuss which ones will head to the community poll

Hi, don't want to spoil your plans or anything, but the "community poll" bit worries me a bit about this otherwise nice contest. What exactly do you have in mind?

The last contests on this forum that ended with polls were a complete desaster, because online polls can be easily manipulated (especially the forum polls). The last time people created just hundrends of new accounts to vote. Someone even wrote a script to create many accounts and vote automatically. It also doesn't really help to ask the 'community', because the big majority of people who follow this contest are participants that will just try to make their own design win.

If you want a fair vote and so the best logo for your website I recommend you to come up with another solution. I think you maybe could pick a small jury of people that don't participate and let them grade the top 3 - if you really don't want to decide alone.

I'm not even participating, but I thought I mention it, because I don't like to see those things end in drama. Smiley Smiley

I agree, these are really valid points.  I won't suggest anything because I entered but please consider.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:47:23 AM

i agree as well, i've entered contests that ended up being a popularity contest, not even design related, either way thanx!  Wink
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:26:51 AM

Thanks for your input, it's really appreciated. It's funny though you're saying that as we were in the same discussion 2 hours ago wondering about the best approach to this. We might pick the 3 we initially said we will be picking, then might select users with good reputation on cryptothrift.com to choose the best our of the three.

If that's the case, we might need to link to a URL on our site (outside this forum) to do the voting, and will still leave the rewards as is.

djnite

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:22:21 AM

https://i.imgur.com/mdXtP8Z.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/g0t4log.jpg

color & text can be changed.
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:48:17 AM

I would like to thanks every one who have participated in this contest, you couldn't have made our decision any harder. And yes, we were actually arguing! Smiley
You've shown that this community have such an amazing talent to support the whole crypto industry...  Everybody should know by now where to look when in need for great artists.

We've come to a decision to move the poll to cryptothrift.com as we can lock voting by username, IP address and cookies.

All users must be registered to be able to vote. Only one vote per user and can not be changed. The voting will run for the next 48 hours.

Congratulations to Mjbmonetarymetals, mymenace and ckybe for getting picked by our team and few of our friends. You are now going through to the second and final round, the community voting.

I will be contacting each of the users so they can provide me with their Bitcoin address. Please vote Here.

ckybe

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:14:36 AM

yay! what a great news! )
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:20:14 AM

Congrats to the 3 designers! Mjbmonetarymetals, mymenace and ckybe
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:29:20 AM

ckybe, I think your one is the only one that is relevant to a thrift shop.
IMO, a padlock as a logo for an online store is not quite right  Roll Eyes
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:47:51 AM

funny ... you picked mymence'logo even when you said under it "I rather want a flat design instead of a 3d one" .

Yes, you're right, I do prefer a flat design to suite the site

CoinBrokers

Activity: 107
Merit: 100

FreeCoins.org

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 02:52:37 PM

Congrats guys! Great job

muvie

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:51:07 PM

Aww, only saw this this morning Sad
antonioneto

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:00:39 PM

Congrats, ckybe!
Hope you win, I really liked your logo!
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:39:24 AM

If you're still interested in voting, voting is still open at cryptothrift. Please do so in the next 36 hours.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:06:26 AM

Hey! Here's my versions Smiley

Thanks!

Nice, maybe best one so far in this thread, kinda makes me give up competing  Tongue

well that is very nice indeed!

Good work Ckybe!
Duetschpire (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 12:20:21 AM

We're glad to be anopuncing the winner of the poll which took place on cryptothrift.com to be ckybe.

Thanks for every one who voted, participated and contributed to this contest, we might have some more contests to come soon with ad campaigns and marketing campaign being put in place.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: