Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:40:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: jamaican bobsled team didn't mention doge  (Read 2337 times)
brokenchair (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:03:13 PM

Just by chance I caught an entire 10 or so minute story on the Jamaican bobsled team. (US today maybe?)
At no point on their interview did the Jamaicans, or the reporter mention dogecoin, that I caught at least.
When asked about their funding they said something like "generous people wanted to see us, the best in the world, or something like that."   
Just thought i'd share the total lack of acknowledgment that one particular news story and possibly the team itself showed towards those who helped fund them. 
Money well spent ? Huh Sad
BtW doge claims 30k was sent ?? I believe the Jamaicans said they had 110k ish donated, so it was not a small percentage. 
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:21:18 PM

why are they wasting money on that  crap anyway.

should put all money raised into dog trust or dog charities..... who gives a turd about some jamaican crappy bobsled team?  i think you will find if the media picks up that doge coin actually raises money for animals particularly dogs a lot more people would come on board. Never underestimate animal lovers.

Disastrus

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:35:53 PM

Those ungreatful rastafari's....

Maybe they think it is a crapcoin too.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:38:41 PM

Big NPR story on them and no mention either
atc1

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 02:39:28 PM

All they said was online funding,if I remember correctly.

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:05:33 PM

Aahahahaha. I am out and now i will laugh at the biggest dump ever. Doge, you are going DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 03:07:55 PM

And so it did contribute to the dump. Grin
brokenchair (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:00:39 PM

Big NPR story on them and no mention either

Yep, for future alt coins doing sponsorship, or charity make sure you get recognition. 
I don't give a crap about doge (like or dislike) but positive images are what crypto needs.

should put all money raised into dog trust or dog charities..... who gives a turd about some jamaican crappy bobsled team?  i think you will find if the media picks up that doge coin actually raises money for animals particularly dogs a lot more people would come on board. Never underestimate animal lovers.

Somehow your able to develop an idea that is simpler and better than anyone of these major doge players could come up with (i don't know what the hell to call the guys who organized this lol.)
Not to mention what charity is going to say no, I won't accept 30k in dogecoin as payment to help the animals?
Shelters take donations in goods (food, toys, etc.) all the time so I doubt they'd turn it down if it was explained to them. 
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:03:54 PM

I think that away too... charities are far more important .. they should think about a how to engage doge supporters to local charities.. a long term plan.

The only real big marketing campaign for 2015 (?) would be get in touch with

http://lunarlion.psu.edu/

and ask then to put a doge sticker on their lunar spacecraft, but with contract etc ...

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:10:34 PM

why are they wasting money on that  crap anyway.

should put all money raised into dog trust or dog charities..... who gives a turd about some jamaican crappy bobsled team?  i think you will find if the media picks up that doge coin actually raises money for animals particularly dogs a lot more people would come on board. Never underestimate animal lovers.

oh jeez you got to be kidding me lol

i see they are getting creative in trying to prop up the scam now..
not surprising i see people dumping the crap coin and leaving in larger and larger numbers and price is tanking
and its only going to get worse as mining gets harder and harder.

NONE

of you give two fucking shits about dog charities.. your greedy brats using that as an excuse to lure people
into a pyramid profit scheme and you couldn't care less about anyone at the bottom,
when you guys decide to scatter with little to no warning.. anyone who says other wise is lying through their teeth !
I have not seen 1 guy on the internet brag about helping dogs with a charity.. i hear nothing but bragging about "much profits".
don't play dumb..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:18:32 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 04:31:19 PM by Wipeout2097

should put all money raised into dog trust or dog charities..... who gives a turd about some jamaican crappy bobsled team?  i think you will find if the media picks up that doge coin actually raises money for animals particularly dogs a lot more people would come on board. Never underestimate animal lovers.

not surprising i see people dumping the crap coin and leaving in larger and larger numbers and price is tanking

NONE

of you give two fucking shits about dog charities.. your greedy brats using that as an excuse to lure people
into a pyramid profit scheme and you couldn't care less about anyone at the bottom,
when you guys decide to scatter with little to no warning.. anyone who says other wise is lying through their teeth !
I have not seen 1 guy on the internet brag about helping dogs with a charity.. i hear nothing but bragging about "much profits".
don't play dumb..
+ 0.5

What kind of "charity" is that, done to generate goodwill and inflate one's holdings?

I get a few giggles out of self-interested posts that insult people's intelligence. It's a mix of being amused and feeling pity for their lack of understanding of how other people see their naiveness. But this shit is becoming so predominant that is getting to the level of spam! No wonder some want to get rid of the alt-coin section.

Edit: oh, and you're annoyed the Jamaican team didn't mention Dogecoin. I thought it was charitable and altruistic without asking for anything in return!

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
knightcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 04:26:15 PM

I don't know why doge hates get pissed about doge ... it going to fail right ? They just act like JPMorgan about bitcoin ...

Tenchi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 04:31:39 PM

well, seems like this guy got butthurt too much in his life and is now crying for help.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
brokenchair (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:07:51 PM

NONE

don't play dumb..
+ 0.5

What kind of "charity" is that, done to generate goodwill and inflate one's holdings?

I get a few giggles out of self-interested posts that insult people's intelligence. It's a mix of being amused and feeling pity for their lack of understanding of how other people see their naiveness. But this shit is becoming so predominant that is getting to the level of spam! No wonder some want to get rid of the alt-coin section.

Edit: oh, and you're annoyed the Jamaican team didn't mention Dogecoin. I thought it was charitable and altruistic without asking for anything in return!

What kind of charity is done to generate goodwill and inflate one's holdings. Roll Eyes  Is that a joke?
Why do you think major companies always give money to charity?
Why do you think celebrities always go on tv shows for charity?
Why do you think major companies adopt shit like green technology and act like they care about the earth?
Publicity and tax breaks.

There is nothing wrong with doing something charitable that positively impacts yourself. 
If some major dogecoin holder donated money to an animal shelter for veterinarian services and the donation increased the value of that person's dogecoin substantially, who loses?
Should the money be taken away from the animals because the guys motivation was to make profit? 
The ends justify the means
Newmine

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:19:19 PM

They got high.
knightcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:21:37 PM

NONE

don't play dumb..
+ 0.5

What kind of charity is done to generate goodwill and inflate one's holdings. Roll Eyes  Is that a joke?
Why do you think major companies adopt shit like green technology and act like they care about the earth?

There is nothing wrong with doing something charitable that positively impacts yourself.  
If some major dogecoin holder donated money to an animal shelter for veterinarian services and the donation increased the value of that person's dogecoin substantially, who loses?
Should the money be taken away from the animals because the guys motivation was to make profit?  

Very true, whats happening to the "charity" is that a normal human being has emotions and one of then according the psychologists (btw, I am big fan of Paul Ekman and micro facial expressions research ) is compassion ...

Basic emotions like fear, anger don't actually last longer than minutes .. (limbic system pathway) after that is called "a mood" .. but compassion is a very complex emotion and also very close to high brain functions like language and abstract thinking (logic, math, symbols) ..

Many think that's the reason you feel better and grateful for helping another people and it's last long. Except you a pathologically dysfunctional or psychopath ... psychopaths are unable to feels another persons pain.    

brokenchair (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:46:19 PM

NONE

don't play dumb..
+ 0.5

What kind of charity is done to generate goodwill and inflate one's holdings. Roll Eyes  Is that a joke?

Very true, whats happening to the "charity" is that a normal human being has emotions and one of then according the psychologists (btw, I am big fan of Paul Ekman and micro facial expressions research ) is compassion ...

Basic emotions like fear, anger don't actually last longer than minutes .. (limbic system pathway) after that is called "a mood" .. but compassion is a very complex emotion and also very close to high brain functions like language and abstract thinking (logic, math, symbols) ..

Many think that's the reason you feel better and grateful for helping another people and it's last long. Except you a pathologically dysfunctional or psychopath ... psychopaths are unable to feels another persons pain.     

Ok the point of this thread was simply to say that the bobsledders or the media, or both did  not attribute credit to dogecoin.  That was it.

Somehow it got derailed into the merits of charity and now I believe someone is accusing me of being a psychopath?
Also, if compassion is a complex emotion related to high brain functions as you put it (language and math are not linked and are from separate brain areas btw, for future reference when you try and make up bullshit) then how come psychopaths are generally of high intelligence?

rmines

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

Good thing I didn't wait to sell my doge  Smiley

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 05:54:10 PM

Wow what a terrible thread... filled with a bunch of angry, snarly, rude individuals....

Was it really worth making this thread? Like did it make you feel better or something?
knightcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:06:28 PM

Somehow it got derailed into the merits of charity and now I believe someone is accusing me of being a psychopath?

No please, far from it... don't get it personal, otherwise you going to fall into a psychologist trap Wink if you feel that way wasn't my intention so I apologize ..

I was just talking about how propaganda works ....

OK most of behaviourist will kill me now..(btw I almost about shooting my self lol)  but take a look for a video called "Introduction to Century of the Self ", and how crowd and mass psychology works .

here's the intro..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YLy6yZeaw

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: