Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:57:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AvalonShenzhen SCAMMER  (Read 10080 times)
Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:30:02 AM

The negative trust rating was after he robbed everyone...not terribly useful.
He def. did not have that when I dove in.

There were actually 3 or 4 on there for a few days prior to mine. I posted it as soon as i found out about it though. The problem was that only those with default trust or green trust ratings can leave an automatic red negative feedback. If you're looking at someone's profile and don't see any feedback, click their trust link, and then click untrusted feedback to double check in the future. It's a way of keeping the trust system in some sort of order.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
machinationus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Here's what you guys need to do (I don't know if Irish law deviates from other legal frameworks):

1. Find a lawyer who is tech-saavy (a lawyer specializing in Technology).
2. Call lawyer, inform the lawyer of information that can be made available (his Safe-Mail e-mail address is a good start here)
3. Ensure you have proof that a contract of some sort was breached (his PMs and his thread ought to suffice).
4. Provide this to information to the lawyer

@ this point the lawyer should be able to elaborate on the next steps which would be:
5. Police report
6. Culminate all information into a court order/subpoena - issue this to SafeMail requesting every IP address associated with this account.

It is VERY likely that he is using Tor/VPN, but also very likely that he slipped up somewhere.
Do some digging in the IP trail; find one that doesn't bring you to a VPN / Tor node.

Use aforementioned information to subpoena/court order this ISP.  Get account holder name.

At this point -> local PD.

Account holder will probably deny involvement.
This is where your lawyer / PI will help you.

Cost for subpoenas are about $0 - $10.
Information to issue one could be between $0-$1,000.

Total process could be quite a bit, depending on how involved your lawyer is.

THE POINT here is that if your lawyer thinks he can track this person down and reclaim some money, he will do it because it's possible and it's in his/her best interest.

I am pursuing a Law Degree in Technology, but this information is purely from an amateur perspective.

You can find this guy because I guarantee that at some point in his quest, he fucked up.  
Unfortunately Bitcointalk isn't of help.  I bet those alt-accounts of his possess more information than AvalonShenzhen would like.  

Your right safe-mail will have his real ip when first sign up, after that they can change settings.
But his real name is not possible, unless the IPS is willing to give that. Maybe ask someone in Israel?

machinationus

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:46:31 AM

There were actually 3 or 4 on there for a few days prior to mine. I posted it as soon as i found out about it though. The problem was that only those with default trust or green trust ratings can leave an automatic red negative feedback. If you're looking at someone's profile and don't see any feedback, click their trust link, and then click untrusted feedback to double check in the future. It's a way of keeping the trust system in some sort of order.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0

It shows nothing about "trust" at all, perfect for the bitscam.

Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:48:22 AM

You are mistaken. That's after the user moved it to the archival section (where it is now). Trust only shows in the marketplace, if i remember correctly. However, you can always access it from the user's profile.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:39:58 AM

Your right safe-mail will have his real ip when first sign up, after that they can change settings.
But his real name is not possible, unless the IPS is willing to give that. Maybe ask someone in Israel?
[/quote]

I emailed safe-mail to see if they would help.  I have more faith that I will be struck by lightning in between finishing typing this email and clicking Post than I do in them helping here.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
machinationus

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:43:45 AM

You are mistaken. That's after the user moved it to the archival section (where it is now). Trust only shows in the marketplace, if i remember correctly. However, you can always access it from the user's profile.

OK but when I last saw it (the 1st post) trust was at 0/0, I was in group 3. Then I get PM all my posts deleted.

machinationus

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:46:44 AM

I emailed safe-mail to see if they would help.  I have more faith that I will be struck by lightning in between finishing typing this email and clicking Post than I do in them helping here.
[/quote]
Don't matter it's on the blockchain.

Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:48:39 AM

OK but when I last saw it (the 1st post) trust was at 0/0, I was in group 3. Then I get PM all my posts deleted.
Click into the user's profile and then click untrusted feedback to confirm in the future.
sikke

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:08:13 AM

What was odd to me was his English was wayy too perfect to come from Shenzen.
Was using some very hard words in perfect spelling. Specially in later comments and updates. Not possible from someone operating from 10-20ppl sweatshop in Shenzen.

I almost ordered from them... tried to order with Paypal but oddly the paypal orders sold out instant.. i offered to pay Premium with Paypal, no deal for obvious reasons.... I also had some PM messages with AlfonsoD + AvalonShenzen ... now i see they were the same person.

They ramped up this scam for few weeks. AlfonsoD was posting all around claiming to have 15btc in hand for best deal.

Really Complex scam... made up kinda good and last push to lower the price before weekend and alter the Stock qty + last change push Shipping to Monday 17th to take out every last BTC.
They really ride with BTMine name, shame.

I doubt these guys have papertrail. Maybe Perfect scam this time.

AlfonsoD

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: sikke on: February 03, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete

The orders are opened!

Got 5 units.
Will give you feedback when received

Alf.

AvalonShenzhen
Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: sikke on: February 03, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
   Reply with quoteQuote ReplyReply Remove this messageDelete
Hello,

Thank you for your interest.

We are sorry but our 10 first miners are already sold out.

We did it for the 10 first miners to build our reputation but we cannot continue with paypal as our marge is very low now on that price. Next to that, Paypal is also freezing very quickly paypal account related to Bitcoin.

We are very sorry but we don't earn money when we sell with paypal so we cannot do more for the moment.
Report To Admin
Gologuzan

Activity: 161

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:13:55 AM

Here's what you guys need to do (I don't know if Irish law deviates from other legal frameworks):

1. Find a lawyer who is tech-saavy (a lawyer specializing in Technology).
2. Call lawyer, inform the lawyer of information that can be made available (his Safe-Mail e-mail address is a good start here)
3. Ensure you have proof that a contract of some sort was breached (his PMs and his thread ought to suffice).
4. Provide this to information to the lawyer

@ this point the lawyer should be able to elaborate on the next steps which would be:
5. Police report
6. Culminate all information into a court order/subpoena - issue this to SafeMail requesting every IP address associated with this account.

It is VERY likely that he is using Tor/VPN, but also very likely that he slipped up somewhere.
Do some digging in the IP trail; find one that doesn't bring you to a VPN / Tor node.

Use aforementioned information to subpoena/court order this ISP.  Get account holder name.

At this point -> local PD.

Account holder will probably deny involvement.
This is where your lawyer / PI will help you.

Cost for subpoenas are about $0 - $10.
Information to issue one could be between $0-$1,000.

Total process could be quite a bit, depending on how involved your lawyer is.

THE POINT here is that if your lawyer thinks he can track this person down and reclaim some money, he will do it because it's possible and it's in his/her best interest.

I am pursuing a Law Degree in Technology, but this information is purely from an amateur perspective.

You can find this guy because I guarantee that at some point in his quest, he fucked up.  
Unfortunately Bitcointalk isn't of help.  I bet those alt-accounts of his possess more information than AvalonShenzhen would like.  

Hi mcleo,

can you do that? and take 15% of those 84btc-s.

i do not know how to do that. but you looks like someone who knows what he is doing. do your magic, and for your job take 15% of those coins.

i personally have 2btc there, but i think that everyone will give 15% of their invested btc.

can you do it? that will be around 10 btc for you, and that is around 5-6k $. for some work.
cannachris

Activity: 406

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:55:38 PM

I would definately be in for that just lost 1/3 of my BTC in this scam

serpiente12

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you dont like something change it

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:29:51 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 04:00:35 PM by serpiente12

well i used my entire savings on 2 units 2.20 Bitcoins, i was going too try to use the machines to mine coin to pay for my medical condition to try to get myself fixed in the United States....i baught the coins just a couple of days ago at 660$...im just gonna take a long walk and think about what to do now...all i can do is cry really...yeah i know bohoo for me i was warned etc...but im new to all this, i didnt have annyone to help me, i tryed everything raising money to my condition before i decided to take a risk, well i never was one to have all the luck.

Im posting this to you too see AvalonShenzhen

maybee you have a heart, maybe you care and read this i dont know, but im gonna post my bitcoin adress and maybee just maybe you can refund me if you have much of a soul left...1HgQAzDwb8d9jSRwkkWu1nQiSEXUGPT3ii

I understand even why its appealing running a scam like this, but please another time think a little, and i will do the same.....By doing this you have set in motion a chain of events you just couldnt possible forseen....
Sydboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

Maybe you should ?
Obvious scams should be deleted.
They are on every other forum on the internet.

I warned the moderators about this muppet and he was allowed to just carry on
Guys, simple put we cannot hold your hands through everything, you need to use your own brain now-and-again.
We have a trust system that is used for exactly this, so please, start using the trust system more (no-one can delete trust ratings apart from the person who sent it).

Edit*: I just saw he deleted every single page on his thread so I have put in a request to hopefully restore the posts. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0)
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:03:05 PM

well i used my entire savings on 2 units 2.20 Bitcoins, i was going too try to use the machines to mine coin to pay for my medical condition to try to get myself fixed in the United States....i baught the coins just a couple of days ago at 660$...im just gonna take a long walk and think about what to do now...all i can do is cry really...yeah i know bohoo for me i was warned etc...but im new to all this, i didnt have annyone to help me, i tryed everything raising money to my condition before i decided to take a risk, well i never was one to have all the luck.
wait for next Antminer S1 group buy, get some of these and resell on eBay
you should be able to recoup your losses in 1-2 months. so will i try to

but dont loose your faith in bitcoin and miners
here are lots of black sheep but the fluffy white ones too!
Rawted

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

Maybe you should ?
Obvious scams should be deleted.
They are on every other forum on the internet.

I warned the moderators about this muppet and he was allowed to just carry on
Guys, simple put we cannot hold your hands through everything, you need to use your own brain now-and-again.
We have a trust system that is used for exactly this, so please, start using the trust system more (no-one can delete trust ratings apart from the person who sent it).

Edit*: I just saw he deleted every single page on his thread so I have put in a request to hopefully restore the posts. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=424621.0)
An unpaid moderator on an online forums should be responsible for how irresponsibly you spend your money? Do you guys even read what you write?
mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:49:43 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 05:06:52 PM by mine2slow

If you are from the US contact the FBI with all the details of the theft $50K theft is enough to get there attention.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/cyber

Other US cyber crime LE

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/

http://www.ice.gov/cyber-crimes/

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Feel free to add details for you're region.

Follow the money here > https://blockchain.info/address/e659a2b53fec5c8864213fe9af39b7aad6c0b825

return my stolen BTC 14rBip93ePwJMp3kiFgz2WJ424p3iUSpEG
serpiente12

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you dont like something change it

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:37:25 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:59:40 PM by serpiente12

Deleted for obvious purposes...dont want my personal life online...as this is all cleared up and understood.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:12:46 PM

I did NOT see any negative trust rating on AvalonShenzhen. Maybe it was buried somewhere but not open and accessible in the open, as it should be.

As I and others have said, this forum is tailor-made for scammers.

Please stop blaming the victims, you come across as someone so arrogant as if you will NEVER be scammed in your whole life.

If you have the time and energy to blame the victims, do something constructive instead, like improving the way self-moderated thread work so scammers don't take advantage, improving the negative trust rating so it's out and open so scammers and would-be scammers are exposed in the open, don't hide the negative rating.

Before you start accusing us vicitms, think to yourself "How would I feel if someone raped me?" Because that's how awful it is.
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:14:27 PM

Yeah thanks for the idea, but i probably wont be around long enough too see that happen im afrade...i would take to long saving the money and i was gonna travel to the United States this summer because i had too, i´m afrade the window is closing in on me now.
try to ask a friend if he can borrow you some money or better BTC
the "soho" miner market is shrinking but there is still cash to make
nottm28 (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:19:40 PM

Yeah thanks for the idea, but i probably wont be around long enough too see that happen im afrade...i would take to long saving the money and i was gonna travel to the United States this summer because i had too, i´m afrade the window is closing in on me now.

So you bet your entire existence on 2.2 BTC worth of mining kit? What kind of illness do you have to warrant such a gamble?

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: