Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anunymint ban  (Read 9003 times)
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 03:24:32 PM

I have stated my objection against banning anonymint,  I'm not here to discuss the details, just received a pm that his latest account @Shelby_Moore_III is banned again?
I thought posting in Meta is a norm for people to discuss their situation when they get banned. Shelby broke some other rule here? What rule? I'm really concerned about this whole story, Are we in danger?

I'm not good with Core, I don't believe in their agenda and don't think they are super-genius, and worse, I am used to calling them junior hackers, kids, ... Should I be worried about being humiliated and banned? And then sentenced to death or something?

And after my death, my posts will be removed permanently and my ghost won't be allowed to come here (like being summoned) to tell the truth about how I've been assassinated.

It is so terrifying, dudes, what should I do? Bending knees? Noways!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:32:53 PM

I have stated my objection against banning anonymint,  I'm not here to discuss the details, just received a pm that his latest account @Shelby_Moore_III is banned again?
I thought posting in Meta is a norm for people to discuss their situation when they get banned. Shelby broke some other rule here? What rule? I'm really concerned about this whole story, Are we in danger?

I'm not good with Core, I don't believe in their agenda and don't think they are super-genius, and worse, I am used to calling them junior hackers, kids, ... Should I be worried about being humiliated and banned? And then sentenced to death or something?

And after my death, my posts will be removed permanently and my ghost won't be allowed to come here (like being summoned) to tell the truth about how I've been assassinated.

Read rule #25 and then you can see why I assume that account was banned (No I did not ban it).

Dude if you read and follow the rules you can say almost ANYFUCKINGTHING here on this forum.  I have yet to see a user following the rules receive a ban for just a controversial opinion.

Although the forum is absolutely centralized you will find very few medium that allows you as much freedom as here.  Just don't break the very few, very simple rules and you will be 100% fine!

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2608

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 03:41:00 PM

I have stated my objection against banning anonymint,  I'm not here to discuss the details, just received a pm that his latest account @Shelby_Moore_III is banned again?

While I haven't been closely following Anonymint's newest alt's posts after my last response to him, looking at his post history, he, as Flying Hellfish said, probably got banned for starting to get into discussions that weren't about his ban (as per the explanation of rule 25 in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0; suggestions for skipping junk posts, opinion on LN, talking about his decentralized forum in unrelated threads). If I'm not mistaken, that's what got his the_end_is_near account banned as well.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:47:55 PM

so Shelby is banned again.

im not here to argue reasons or whatnot, but anyone who is interested in his take on this can read it here:

https://steemit.com/freedom/@anonymint/re-codypanama-re-anonymint-non-decentralized-forums-are-clusterfucks-of-corruption-20180717t021144860z

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:37:29 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 07:24:45 PM by Traxo

Read rule #25 and then you can see why I assume that account was banned (No I did not ban it).

Dude if you read and follow the rules you can say almost ANYFUCKINGTHING here on this forum.  I have yet to see a user following the rules receive a ban for just a controversial opinion.

Although the forum is absolutely centralized you will find very few medium that allows you as much freedom as here.  Just don't break the very few, very simple rules and you will be 100% fine!

Shelby (aka @AnonyMint) claimed the opposite up-thread.
He claims his @TPTB_need_war was banned originally in 2016 (none his accounts prior to that were banned) because he wrote critically about Monero and Ethereum and because he was insulting (those who were also insulting Shelby) influential anonymous members such as @gmaxwell1, @Foxpup, @stereotype, @Lauda, @iCEBREAKER, etc..
Shelby claims that the original “multi-posting” allegation (which he entirely stopped doing a long-time ago) is something everyone does (look here is a link to (archived here) @aliashraf doing it yesterday) and was a fabricated reason to silence him because he is the one who speaks with the most critical technological rigor on the entire forum.

While I haven't been closely following Anonymint's newest alt's posts after my last response to him, looking at his post history, he, as Flying Hellfish said, probably got banned for starting to get into discussions that weren't about his ban (as per the explanation of rule 25 in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0; suggestions for skipping junk posts, opinion on LN, talking about his decentralized forum in unrelated threads). If I'm not mistaken, that's what got his the_end_is_near account banned as well.

25. Ban evasion (using or creating accounts while one of your accounts is banned) is not allowed.[e]

He was not evading his ban. The LN reply (archived here) was a reply to discussions that others made in the Meta threads about his ban!

He was discussing the topic you and he were discussing in this thread about the entirely arbitrary concept of moderation that @theymos alleges he violated.
You guys are just inventing arbitrary fucking technicalities to justify your insane totalitarianism because Core can’t withstand his powerful logic.

1 Obviously Gregory Maxwell, so an exception to anonymous

I told Shelby he should lessen the toxicity of the following message he sent me and he replied “no they will never stop the toxicity and idiocy, the only solution is decentralized moderation, please post my truth”:

Quote from: Shelby in Crypto.cat
So many idiots in the following linked thread, even after I explained in that thread why their one-size-fits-all rating proposal will not work:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4688594.0;all

Lol, I continue to receive Merit in that thread even when I am banned.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:12:19 PM

He was discussing the topic you and he were discussing in this thread about the entirely arbitrary concept of moderation that @theymos alleges he violated.

so basically Shelby has been banned from discussing his ban, in a forum meant for such a discussion.   Roll Eyes
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:30:55 PM

Dude if you read and follow the rules you can say almost ANYFUCKINGTHING here on this forum.  I have yet to see a user following the rules receive a ban for just a controversial opinion.

Although the forum is absolutely centralized you will find very few medium that allows you as much freedom as here.  Just don't break the very few, very simple rules and you will be 100% fine!

He claims he was banned originally because he wrote critically about Monero and Ethereum and because he was insulting (those who were also insulting Shelby) influential anonymous members such as @gmaxwell1, @Foxpup, @stereotype, @Lauda, @iCEBREAKER, etc..
Shelby claims that the original “multi-posting” allegation (which he entirely stopped doing a long-time ago) is something everyone does (look here is a link to (archived here) @aliashraf doing it yesterday) and was a fabricated reason to silence him because he is the one who speaks with the most critical technological rigor on the entire forum.

I based my statement off my observation of the forum over the last 5+ years here.

I read what both sides claim and we all have to choose which side they feel is right.  Based on my personal experience here in the forums and the information I've read so far I am inclined to believe his constant breaking of rules is the reason for his ban and not the conspiracy theory side. (I don't generally buy into a lot of conspiracy theories, but that's me).
Traxo

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:55:02 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 08:16:55 PM by Traxo

I based my statement off my observation of the forum over the last 5+ years here.
Shelby has been here for 5 years also. I bet he was online in the forum more than you. Why are you so special?

I read what both sides claim and we all have to choose which side they feel[I must choose for everyone what] is right.
FTFY

Based on my personal experience here in the forums and the information I've read so far I am inclined to believe his constant breaking of rules is the reason for his ban and not the conspiracy theory side.
Nobody has answered his repeated up-thread “What rules?”

Bottom line is you totalitarians think he is incorrigible and you want to control him but you do not apply the same control to all users of the forum (as he has documented up-thread).

And you are unwilling to submit to decentralized moderation stored on a decentralized ledger. And thus bitcointalk.org must be disintermediated, because as you can see (as Shelby warned you last year) the spam is getting worse and the users are growing weary of the “junk posts”.

The forum is dying. Volume of new spam accounts is not an indicator of growth. Observe what happens.

(I don't generally buy into a lot of conspiracy theories, but that's me).
You mean you allow yourself to be manipulated by those who control the propaganda. Quite objective of you. Kudos. I should learn to be a fully-docile, unobtrusive sheep like you so I will not be banned by the gatekeepers!

The tall poppy syndrome.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:16:04 PM

Shelby has been here for 5 years also. I bet he was online in the forum more than you. Why are you so special?
I don't doubt he was online more than me, that stat is also irrelevant.  I actually never indicated that I thought I was special.  If you think I'm special well thanks that's nice of you!  I am however a user just like you and Shelby, thus my opinion is as valid as your's or his!  Incidentally one of the difference's (and it doesn't make me special, thousands of users managed this!) between his 5 years and mine is that I've been able to follow the rules and not get banned.
I read what both sides claim and we all have to choose which side they feel[I must chose for everyone what] is right.
FTFY

If that's how you read what I wrote then there is little to say on that.  Advocating to follow very few, very simple rules is simply not trying to chose for everyone and frankly it's a ridiculous transition.

Nobody has answered his repeated up-thread “What rules?”

Of course they have, try to look at the responses again.  Constantly evading your ban, ie sneaking back when banned is breaking the rules, is this that difficult to actually understand?

Bottom line is you totalitarians think he is incorrigible and you want to control him but you do not apply the same control to all users of the forum as he has documented.

The argument that just because other users aren't caught and punished therefore when I am caught and punished it is a conspiracy is so fucking tired and old, especially around here, it's like calling everyone Nazis, give us a break.

And you are unwilling to submit to decentralized moderation stored on a decentralized ledger. And thus bitcointalk.org must be disintermediated, because as you can see (as Shelby warned you last year) the spam is getting worse and the users are growing weary of the “junk posts”.

Mod policy has little to with me but I am will to submit to the current forum rules.  I can hear it now the whole bunny in the wood chipper, ya ya I know, I'm a happy little bunny!

The forum is dying. Observe what happens.

I agree the forum has a SERIOUS signal to noise ratio problem but it really doesn't seem like an easy fix (or it would have happened already).  I am still hopeful a solution can be found!

Traxo

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:28:41 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2018, 09:01:17 PM by Traxo

I don't doubt he was online more than me, that stat is also irrelevant.
You make no sense. If that stat is irrelevant, then why do you cite your 5 years here as justification of your righteousness?

Advocating to follow very few, very simple rules is simply not trying to chose for everyone and frankly it's a ridiculous transition.
I repeat: “What rules?”

Of course they have, try to look at the responses again.  Constantly evading your ban, ie sneaking back when banned is breaking the rules, is this that difficult to actually understand?
We are talking about the original justification for the ban.

If it can’t be explained what egregious violation of rules he did to justify the original PERMANENT ban, then all the shit that follows it is also unjustified.
Because Shelby refused to bend down on his knees and kiss @theymos’ feet when @theymos demanded that he submit to the allegation that he had broken rules which he thinks was a farce?

The argument that just because other users aren't caught and punished therefore when I am caught and punished it is a conspiracy is so fucking tired and old, especially around here, it's like calling everyone Nazi, give us a break.

How do you justify perma-banning because of failure to not “multi-post” when in fact he stopped “multi-posting”?

Why do @theymos and @mprep accuse him of being uncivil to other users when he has documented in fact that for example @stereotype was much more uncivil even making repeated written verbal abuse attacks related to Shelby’s children.
Besides, @mprep has stated up-thread that incivility is not a reason to ban someone and only threats of bodily harm are not allowed.

You construct some mirage of your own choosing to justify totalitarian corruption.

Mod policy has little to with me but I am will to submit to the current forum rules
I repeat: “What rules?”

I can hear it know the whole bunny in the wood chipper, ya ya I know, I'm a happy little bunny!
Indeed.

I agree the forum has a SERIOUS signal to noise ratio problem but it really doesn't seem like an easy fix (or it would have happened already).  I am still hopeful a solution can be found!
And when that solution is precisely what Shelby has proposed and there is no other solution, then you will still continue to think he should be banned?

Insane.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:40:16 PM

Insane.

I give you win!  I'm not gonna re-hash what's been said there is no value in that for anyone!

Good day sir!
Traxo

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:01:26 PM

I'm not gonna re-hash what's been said there is no value in that for anyone!

Well, at least you have not destroyed the value by not re-hashing it (unlike some who drop nukes e.g. @mprep).
It's unfortunate that we were involved in strife. I wish it was not the case.

You are correct about one thing at least, you the users just want something that works without all the strife. And Shelby does too.

Users are sick of all the trolling, spam, and strife. That is why they adamantly support “the rules”.
But “the rules” are not working.

Good day to you Sir. I hope we can move on amicably.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:10:06 PM

Good day to you Sir. I hope we can move on amicably.

Deal!  It was not my intention to show any animosity to you!  Cool
aliashraf
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1174

Always remember the cause!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2018, 10:59:30 PM

Back to shelby issue:

I think there are things both sides can do about it:

Shelby has not to plea guilty or something, imo, he can just re-state his commitment to the forum rules.

Mods should remove his ban.

We can help in contributing privately or publicly by recommending to him better practices when appropriate and showing more tolerance.
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:55:57 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I would just like to point out that in 2011 the account "etlase" was squelched (not banned, but unable to post) and had roughly 30 posts deleted for being overly opinionated and anti-bitcoin. You can see in the posting history here, where the account was accused of being a professional troll by a global moderator, although there is a distinct lack of context available. Apparently russians later hacked the account after posting privileges had been restored.

My point is in addition to the seemingly valid claim that the rules can be arbitrarily enforced. That is of course at the discretion of the moderators, but keeping this up as an appearance of a technicality of breaking rules seems deceptive. I agree that anonymint goes too far on subjects that don't seem to have much merit, but there are many, many other situations where he has keen insight and those posts vastly outweigh the negatives in intellectual merit. He can be a loud, obnoxious, and negative voice so he gets the ban grease while 75% of the forum fills up with copypasta post spam (a rule violation) for signature campaigns.

I don't know what warnings he has received or what was the real original reason for his ban, but if subsequent bans are merely because of "ban evasion" maybe it's time to just drop it and let him post? If he is really mucking up individual threads, maybe allow the thread creators to turn them into moderated threads and moderate the discussion themselves?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:16:11 AM

I would just like to point out that in 2011 the account "etlase" was squelched (not banned, but unable to post) and had roughly 30 posts deleted for being overly opinionated and anti-bitcoin. You can see in the posting history here, where the account was accused of being a professional troll by a global moderator, although there is a distinct lack of context available. Apparently russians later hacked the account after posting privileges had been restored.

Ok so one time 7 years ago a poster "apparently" had his rights to post revoked and then re-instated.  Could be a mistake was made, who know's.  IF you're correct 1 time in 7 years over almost 2 million users, sounds like a good record to me!

I don't know what warnings he has received or what was the real original reason for his ban, but if subsequent bans are merely because of "ban evasion" maybe it's time to just drop it and let him post? If he is really mucking up individual threads, maybe allow the thread creators to turn them into moderated threads and moderate the discussion themselves?

Or you know he could just follow the rules like the rest of us, hell I don't really know why that is a foreign concept to people around here?  Is this fucking bizzaro land or something...
minhnahat12

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 08:56:49 AM

I just responded to you in that other thread  Smiley
Traxo

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:37:47 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 02:49:04 PM by Traxo
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Rules of Bureaucracies
1) The first thing you do is assign blame. Do not fix the problem, but make sure that blame is assigned. Remember if you fix the problem, your job is at risk.
2) Assign your work to someone else
3) Vote/assign yourself salary raises and as many perks as you can get.

REPLY: Corporations also fail when the board replaces the creators, abandon imagination, and proceed to comply with all the rules so they are run by the lawyers and accountants.

The forum staff's time would be better spent elsewhere rather than discussing obviously-valid-bans with try-hard trolls. Just ban him and roach whenever they pop up and let's move on.

The forum staff’s time would be better spent playing with tinker toys or bunny rabbits so they can satiate their fantasies concerning the relevance of bureaucracy.

Or you know he could just follow the rules like the rest of us, hell I don't really know why that is a foreign concept to people around here?  Is this fucking bizzaro land or something...
We already had this discussion. What fucking rules? It is all arbitrary shit.
You just keep pointing at “the rules” which are obviously a bizzaro clusterfuck. Yet you come back for sloppy seconds on more of the same.
Just keep your clusterfuck Core-shill controlled echo chamber designed to take all your n00bs’ real Bitcoins as SegWit donations some years from now.
Shelby isn’t coming back to receive more abuse. So that you n00bs can’t shift the blame for all your bizzaro clusterfucks on him.

A scapegoat is what the MOB always wants. That is why the elite create a war when the economy is collapsing.

Shelby already wrote up-thread that he will only want to come back if the fucking forum is changed in someway such that it’s not an insane asylum.

Now I see the Core-brigade is attempting to get @aliashraf banned. They are building their case by labeling him a troll.

IF you're correct 1 time in 7 years over almost 2 million users, sounds like a good record to me!
2 million spambot accounts you mean. Of those real humans who joined in 2013 or before which include Shelby as @AnonyMint and @Ix as @Etlase and who still remain on this forum, I bet that is less than 1000.

An example of non-arbitrary rules is Nakamoto proof-of-work.
If you don’t obey the rules and instead follow some n00b MOB-rule consensus nonsense, you lose all your Bitcoins.
It is non-arbitrary because it does not depend on the insanity and mass delusions of the masses (such as your equating of 2 million sockpuppet spambots with actual real users of merit):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_Popular_Delusions_and_the_Madness_of_Crowds

As usual I expect this post to be completely incomprehensible to n00bs like @theymos.

Forum rules clearly says:

3. No trolling.

But “trolling” is ill-defined as that quoted thread points out. The rule is a subjective clusterfuck which can be abused by moderators.
And does not actually protect anyone against highly abusive trolling as Shelby pointed out by example in his first post on the page 1 of this thread.

Fuck man, one of the threads (the 2nd page of the Wall Observer: Errors & Corrections) that @mprep nuked, I had sent in an email to the President of the Philippines and senator Manny Pacquiao, along with upper level Dept. of Finance officials. I’m hoping to go visit Manny who lives 2 hours from me to congratulate him on his victory yesterday where he regained a title belt at age 39. He and I are both athletes. I’ve been his fan since he was only a local fighter here in Mindanao when I was age 33 before I was blinded in my right eye (I’ve been living here in Mindanao since 1994).
Humblebragging and fishing for sympathy. Keeping it classy, anonymint.

Shelby received an email response from the Dept. of Finance:

> Dear Mr. Moore,
>
> This is in response to your e-mail last 06 July 2018 stating your
> suggestions on how to accelerate the development of our country.
>
> We would like to thank you for diligently looking out for areas of
> improvement in our government. It is through the fervent appeals from
> concerned citizens, such as yourself, that we are able to achieve true
> reforms. We are extensively studying your proposals and will consider them
> in the crafting of our next policies.
>
> Feel free to e-mail me should you have further concerns.
>
> Thank you for your support.
>
> Regards,
> Karl Kendrick T. Chua
> Undersecretary of Finance

Hi Karl,

Thanks so much for the reply.

Hey congratulations to Manny Pacman! One last time to be a world champion.
We are very happy down here in Mindanao. Wishing you and yours also the
happiness of a rising Asia and a rising Philippines!

My main point I want you all over there in the Dept of Finance to realize
is the West is collapsing. It is a slo-motion collapse. Asia is rising and
China will take the reigns from New York and London by 2032. All the youth
are in Asia and the West has huge debts to pay especially to its aging
population.

Unfortunately one of the forum threads I had sent you a link to was nuked
by a corrupt moderator at that forum.

As I replacement I highly recommend that your staff begin reading the blog
of Martin Armstrong:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/blog/

Ignore the Market Talk posts, and focus on the posts about where the
global economy is headed and why.

Martin Armstrong was the largest hedge fund manager ever. In the 1980s he
managed the $2 trillion Japanese Postal sovereign wealth fund.

He was a collector of history and spent $millions to assemble a database
of this history since antiquity and he put all that data into a massive
correlation algorithm on a supercomputer. From that, he has been able to
identify repeating patterns throughout all human history.

His models clearly show that China rises to #1 economic power in the world
by 2032.

Also please be aware of the truth about Martin Armstrong:

https://www.quora.com/What-do-economists-think-of-Martin-Armstrong-and-the-documentary-The-Forecaster/answers/12623536/comment/67938100

https://www.quora.com/What-do-economists-think-of-Martin-Armstrong-and-the-documentary-The-Forecaster/answer/Tim-Knight-3/comment/67936701

If there is any way I can be of (volunteer) assistance, please do not
hesitate to ask. I want to see the Philippines leverage its strengths to
its maximum potential. I hope the Philippines can resist the pressure from
the West to commit economic and societal suicide. Do not listen to the
West! Use the West as China is doing!

Regards,
Shelby H. Moore III
U.S. citizen living in Davao on/off since 1994
father of two filipino-American citizens

Quote from: Shelby
Message for @theymos. I hope you are fully prepared to defend yourself in a lawsuit. And the least of which will come out of a lawsuit is destroying your anonymity or at least determining if your meat identity is really Michael Marquardt as originally posted on bitcoin.org and originally doxxed on blockchain-db.com.

Also some people think theymos is the web site designer for the Senate of Wisconsin.

@theymos also claimed to be a computer-science student at the University of Wisconsin.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:02:02 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), digaran (1)

I actually like to read both anonymints posts and lauda's.

One does not have to agree with or like them personally to gain a lot from reading good posts from those that present very useful content.

Both seem okay to me anyway. of course strong characters will butt heads that is part of the creative/evolutionary process.... it is healthy.

The forum is poorer for banning anonymint ...there can be no sensible rebuttal to this.

The forum would be poorer for banning Lauda too. His posts are interesting and he has even got the kind of personality that can admit when he was wrong about something ... although in the past we have had many arguments before he was a mod.

Theymos has offered a fig leaf in saying he will allow AM back ...because I secretly think he knows this is the case that AM does bring a lot to this board and many other members can appreciate that too. I know the argument about board resources is valid and sure the rules should be followed. However the rules really are not working that well for this board right now. I would say 90% of this boards resources are being used and 0 useful content is being added. I say 0 but really most content being added to the main boards is negative to the board since all the junk drowns out and smothers the odd gems of useful discussion. ICO shilling and spamming is rife.

I actually see the main boards becoming unusable lately. I did post an idea to reduce it in meta I hope it or something similar can be implemented before the board is too difficult to use.

The solution is simple I feel from here.

Anonymint makes an agreement directly with Theymos to reactivate one of his legendary accounts ... maybe the anonymint original or which ever AM wants on the basis he WILL follow the rules as they are.

Then in future ONLY Theymos can ban him, but then if banned will not return.

This may seem like special treatment for AM but then sometimes if someone has put in exceptional effort for the board then they can have a bit of special consideration from the board owner.

Let's face it would there be this fuss over ANY other member here being banned??

If Theymos will give AM the opportunity to have one of his old accounts reactivated and AM agrees to not break the rules it should be fine. I think though because all rules have some small element of subjectivity only Theymos who made the rules himself should decide if they have been broken in special cases like this. It also nulls any bad feeling any of the mods may or may not have toward him.

Of course even anonymint will acknowledge he can have outbursts (probably due to poor health and people goading him) that can make him temporarily hard to communicate with unless you can immediately comprehend what he is trying to explain and agree. You see that is not the fault of anonymint or the person that does not agree really... they to the best of their ability believe they are correct but it is usually because they don't understand it to a deep enough level. Frustrating to both sides.

I don't understand most of what he says but do rely on the conclusions he often comes to. When I see sys dev, dinofelis  smooth and so many other obviously smart people engaging him over and over and even asking his opinion then it is all a "normal" person can do to form an opinion his level of expertise. The very best bit about anonymint was.... that no other members that had the skillset would evaluate a design then publish their opinion with an explanation of every point made 100% FOR FREE for everyone to see. Most that were able to evaluate new designs keep this secret for their own benefit only.

. That is just part of anonymint and if someone is contributing  A LOT for 90% of their time here and 10% blows of some frustration and steam I think the onus is on others to just accept this or not engage him at all. It is their choice not really an issue for mods unless what he says breaks the forum rules. Mostly it is just harsh criticism (that may be true but not expressed within the usual confines of forum etiquette) on the other hand some members have said some really nasty evil stuff to him over the years.

The mods are just doing their job as they thought best so not being critical of those mods either.

I am not commenting on the past now this is just going forward.

Seems fair from all sides then.

Sometimes extremely focused people have personalities that may seem extreme to "normal" folks. However, if you want to benefit from their extreme focus you have to take a little rough with the smooth as they say.

This board is the best place on the net imho and that is in part to the free speech and lack of moderation. Theymos is operating a great board here and I like his style he has a good balance and seems quite fair. Sometimes delegation of tasks works great and has to. Then again sometimes direct intervention is the most economical and fruitful way.

I would think a nice resolution here could work out well going forward for everyone.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 01:54:54 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3), gmaxwell (1)

He claims he was banned originally because he wrote critically about Monero and Ethereum and because he was insulting (those who were also insulting Shelby) influential anonymous members such as @gmaxwell1, @Foxpup, @stereotype, @Lauda, @iCEBREAKER, etc..
A clear indicator that he is a delusional troll. If you believe that he has made anything more than a couple *decent* technological remarks, then you are equally delusional. All he does is post walls of technical gibberish which require too much valuable time to address given their size and repetitiveness (ad naseum).

Fact is, he broke rules for which others also get warned/temp. banned (perm. banned for continuity and/or ban evading).

The solution is simple I feel from here.

Anonymint makes an agreement directly with Theymos to reactivate one of his legendary accounts ... maybe the anonymint original or which ever AM wants on the basis he WILL follow the rules as they are.

Then in future ONLY Theymos can ban him, but then if banned will not return.

This may seem like special treatment for AM but then sometimes if someone has put in exceptional effort for the board then they can have a bit of special consideration from the board owner.
Completely disagreed. For the super majority of people we wouldn't even consider bending the rules this much. The forum needs to dedicate its resources to combating the issue with spam and not debating whether the banned troll should be unbanned temporarily (and given their behavior, they'd get themselves banned again relatively soon).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: