Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is the biggest problem that crypto faces today?
Regulation - 5 (18.5%)
Scammers - 13 (48.1%)
Mass Adoption - 1 (3.7%)
Real world use - 7 (25.9%)
Security - 0 (0%)
Too early - 1 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 473 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal  (Read 635406 times)
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:06:35 AM

Hey folks, excuse my absence over the last few days, I have been traveling and spending some quality time with the folks.
We are finishing up our design on the ePOS and online wallet platform now and hope to have it finished within the next few days.
Hope everyone is well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Detedagowa

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:32:27 AM

Hey folks, excuse my absence over the last few days, I have been traveling and spending some quality time with the folks.
We are finishing up our design on the ePOS and online wallet platform now and hope to have it finished within the next few days.
Hope everyone is well.

From the sounds of it, this seems like it will make it SOOO much easier to adopt on a wider scale. o.o
Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:52:24 AM

Hope everyone is well.

From the sounds of it, this seems like it will make it SOOO much easier to adopt on a wider scale. o.o
Yea, it has become quite a nice system which will take pressure off of the merchants side to make it easier for them to accept dope!

sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:04:18 AM

Any reason why we're still sticking on to scrypt? It's kinda "expensive". And just scanning other pages, I'm seeing a shit load of support from miners looking for x11 coins. And because its cheaper for the rig owners as well, the rental prices too reflect it. I'm sure once we have miners back in the coin, the buzz will be generated and volume will pick organically when larger exchanges follow suit. A network hash rate of 140 MH is a crying shame for a coin with such an active dev team. There quite a lack of x11 coins and I think we could fill that void if we adopt early. Too many shitcoins on scrypt is drowning this gem.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
dopedick47

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:12:28 AM

Any reason why we're still sticking on to scrypt? It's kinda "expensive". And just scanning other pages, I'm seeing a shit load of support from miners looking for x11 coins. And because its cheaper for the rig owners as well, the rental prices too reflect it. I'm sure once we have miners back in the coin, the buzz will be generated and volume will pick organically when larger exchanges follow suit. A network hash rate of 140 MH is a crying shame for a coin with such an active dev team. There quite a lack of x11 coins and I think we could fill that void if we adopt early. Too many shitcoins on scrypt is drowning this gem.

Not sure about gem n all.

But ya x11 is the new Script

Scrypt is the new SHA-256

SHA-256 is the new paperweight  Grin Grin

+1 to x11
Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:16:59 AM

Because a good coin doesn't switch to whatever is popular at the moment, just to switch to the next-new thing 2 months later? A good coin has reasons to use it no matter it's algorithm. I don't think you guys understand the dangers of switching algorithms just like that. You scare people away with it because it is inconvenient having to update wallets, wait for services to update, get unwanted and incorrect forks making you work for nothing...
Besides that you don't even know the dangers of the new algorithm. You could've seen a perfect example with KGW, everybody saw it as almost a requirement for a coin to include KGW. And a few weeks later in comes the big bug. You don't know how this new algorithm works and what it's flaws are, all you hear is people creating a shameless hype and following the herd.

jerry1982

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:21:14 AM

Not sure about gem n all.

But ya x11 is the new Script

Scrypt is the new SHA-256

SHA-256 is the new paperweight  Grin Grin

+1 to x11

LOL yes x11. I will rape it with my R9 270  Cheesy
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Because a good coin doesn't switch to whatever is popular at the moment, just to switch to the next-new thing 2 months later? A good coin has reasons to use it no matter it's algorithm. I don't think you guys understand the dangers of switching algorithms just like that. You scare people away with it because it is inconvenient having to update wallets, wait for services to update, get unwanted and incorrect forks making you work for nothing...
Besides that you don't even know the dangers of the new algorithm. You could've seen a perfect example with KGW, everybody saw it as almost a requirement for a coin to include KGW. And a few weeks later in comes the big bug. You don't know how this new algorithm works and what it's flaws are, all you hear is people creating a shameless hype and following the herd.

Yes you probably will lose all the scrypt miners. But to compensate for that, a torrent of x11 miners will take their place. Wallet updates, pool updates are all a hastle I know, but in the larger picture, it is but a blip. I understand very clearly what it looks like, and its not about following the herd. When you have come to a a situation where CPR is required, you don't ask where that mouth's been to. I have been with dopecoin from the start and I know the value of an active dev and team for a coin.

But we need to be honest. This coin needs a defib back to the real world and fast. These are the facts.... 2 months after launch, we are at a net hash rate of 140 MH and a market cap of 75 BTC and a 24h average of less than 2BTC. To put that into perspective, its lesser than PandaCoin, MurrayCoin, EarthCoin, FlappyCoin, or even Catcoin. That's how "bad" we are. Holding on the moral high ground of "sticking to our guns" is what those guys from 300 said before they all died!

If the machine is getting slow and a lag for every click is beginning to crop up, you wait till it reaches a tipping point after which you decide a reboot is necessary. I agree the downtime is inconvenient, but you close everything and save whatever is necessary, and go ahead and do it when its necessary... you do that because you are thinking ahead and know that once its rebooted, you will be able to get back on track.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
jerry1982

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:14:18 AM

Yes you probably will lose all the scrypt miners. But to compensate for that, a torrent of x11 miners will take their place. Wallet updates, pool updates are all a hastle I know, but in the larger picture, it is but a blip. I understand very clearly what it looks like, and its not about following the herd. When you have come to a a situation where CPR is required, you don't ask where that mouth's been to. I have been with dopecoin from the start and I know the value of an active dev and team for a coin.

But we need to be honest. This coin needs a defib back to the real world and fast. These are the facts.... 2 months after launch, we are at a net hash rate of 140 MH and a market cap of 75 BTC and a 24h average of less than 2BTC. To put that into perspective, its lesser than PandaCoin, MurrayCoin, EarthCoin, FlappyCoin, or even Catcoin. That's how "bad" we are. Holding on the moral high ground of "sticking to our guns" is what those guys from 300 said before they all died!

If the machine is getting slow and a lag for every click is beginning to crop up, you wait till it reaches a tipping point after which you decide a reboot is necessary. I agree the downtime is inconvenient, but you close everything and save whatever is necessary, and go ahead and do it when its necessary... you do that because you are thinking ahead and know that once its rebooted, you will be able to get back on track.

You scare people away with it because it is inconvenient having to update wallets, wait for services to update, get unwanted and incorrect forks making you work for nothing...

He has a point there. I'm pretty sure that the 100 or so miners we have and the 3-4 active pools will not mind the inconvenience. Do a ninja relaunch if forking is the worry here. I still can't believe people are more interested in Flappy 'fucking' coin than this one!!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:16:57 AM

Pre-mined Scrypt clone with a gimmick attached.. wow creative, never seen that done before  Roll Eyes

looking forward to Scrypt Asics coming boys ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 11:34:49 AM

Pre-mined Scrypt clone with a gimmick attached.. wow creative, never seen that done before  Roll Eyes

Like... yeah... whatever  Roll Eyes

jerry1982

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:50:36 AM

Like... yeah... whatever  Roll Eyes

Im looking forward to Spotty's war stories about his battles with Cryptsy and how he lost his arm and a left toe in another battle with a shitcoin dev, etc It should be coming any second now… coz we're all very interested in that shit ya know  Roll Eyes
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:40:47 PM

Almost 400,000 DOPEs, looking forward to use those in the Poker Tournament, and increase my stake with 60% Cheesy
dopey (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

To change to the new algo of the week whenever something is released is just silly in my opinion.
The market is flooded with flavor of the week coins, ipo scams, new unproven technologies (look how well KGW worked out for us). To flip flop back and forth is an amateur tactic and a mistake in my opinion.

Within a couple of months certain individuals will be saying "let's switch to the new z12 algo"

This coin's success is not generated by the mining community nearly as much as it is by the userbase, and that is where our attention is being focused.
As soon as we finish off our ePOS design (which will look at lot like Paypal is some respects) We will be moving onto the coin mixing technology.
Once the infrastructure is in place we are in a great position to solicit our intended marketplaces and provide them with a better and faster solution.

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:54:36 PM

To change to the new algo of the week whenever something is released is just silly in my opinion.
The market is flooded with flavor of the week coins, ipo scams, new unproven technologies (look how well KGW worked out for us). To flip flop back and forth is an amateur tactic and a mistake in my opinion.

This coin's success is not generated by the mining community nearly as much as it is by the userbase, and that is where our attention is being focused.
As soon as we finish off our ePOS design (which will look at lot like Paypal is some respects) We will be moving onto the coin mixing technology.
Once the infrastructure is in place we are in a great position to solicit our intended marketplaces and provide them with a better and faster solution.

You have a good point, but as a investor you also know that the world is changing and the changes is all about the world. Not saying that we need to jump from one fork to another fork. I'm really in for the poker game, i believe we it is being promoted correctly that we will have a lot of new miners.
Detedagowa

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:26:05 PM

Just bought more Dopecoin!~ Gonna set aside a Dopecoin budget every month so I can keep getting more and more(I can't mine worth a shit with what I've got). Ahhh, time to crack open some coding tutorials soon, and get to work on some of my own developments!~ <3 Either way, I'm in this one for the long haul!~ Everyone on other coins is always talking about going to the moon! I say why stop there, we've already been there, that's just a refuel station at this point! I hate when people say things like "the sky is the limit", no it's fucking not! There are 100-200 billion galaxies, and that's just in the observable parts of THIS universe! DOPE COIN TO EVERY CONCEIVABLE LOCATION IN THE MULTIVERSE!~ :O How's that for getting high!~ Tongue May the Dope be with you!~ :O
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:47:27 PM

Just bought more Dopecoin!~ Gonna set aside a Dopecoin budget every month so I can keep getting more and more(I can't mine worth a shit with what I've got). Ahhh, time to crack open some coding tutorials soon, and get to work on some of my own developments!~ <3 Either way, I'm in this one for the long haul!~ Everyone on other coins is always talking about going to the moon! I say why stop there, we've already been there, that's just a refuel station at this point! I hate when people say things like "the sky is the limit", no it's fucking not! There are 100-200 billion galaxies, and that's just in the observable parts of THIS universe! DOPE COIN TO EVERY CONCEIVABLE LOCATION IN THE MULTIVERSE!~ :O How's that for getting high!~ Tongue May the Dope be with you!~ :O

Welcome aboard dude!  Grin

Like me I'm in it for the long haul. If you are a coder email me as I'd like to build some stuff around DopeCoin also!

dopecoin@gmail.com

Grin

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:04:04 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 05:52:12 PM by sonysasankan

Within a couple of months certain individuals will be saying "let's switch to the new z12 algo"

The userbase is the mining and trading community right? Atleast till the coin goes mainstream and accepted by shops and customers? How does it get to that stage without active mining and trading? Its basic logic.... a currency will not have any value if the people using it do not assign any value to it. That's the reason why rocks and pebbles are not used as currencies. Similarly no establishment is going to offer goods and services in exchange for a currency that is not backed up by a large enough number of people that deems it valuable and in demand.

I'm sorry to say, but the numbers are actually running in the opposite direction. The community is shrinking and the miners are leaving. There's no point in building a mansion with 52 bedrooms, a fountain and a backyard of apple trees, if after all that there's no one left to stay there.

Detedagowa

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:20:29 PM

Welcome aboard dude!  Grin

Like me I'm in it for the long haul. If you are a coder email me as I'd like to build some stuff around DopeCoin also!

dopecoin@gmail.com

Grin

I'm not on a level where I can make any guarantees as of right now however I've got prior experience with other languages, and it seems you can learn what I'm trying to in about a month! I've been out of bud lately so I've found it hard to focus, hopefully getting some over the next hour or so! Yeah, I'd love to branch out and make some more connections in communities like this! I'm changing my motive from for profit to turning the world on it's head and ripping it a new one!~ I've found a pretty good site for learning how to program(http://teamtreehouse.com/). It seems to have the most badass in depth coding tutorials I've ever found ranging from html5, to CSS, to PHP, to Javascript, to Android/iOS app development, and soooo much more(sadly it's not free, 25 a month for basic, 50 a month for premium however in my opinion if you can afford it, it seems to be totally worth it). I've already got the basics of HTML/CSS down thus far, and that was in like the first 4-6 hours. Not to mention the way they teach you is epic win, and just clicks in a way no other tutorial did with me. I'll keep in touch over the next month. I should hopefully be done with the PHP track which teaches HTML, Intro to programming(already know some object oriented language basics), PHP, Database Foundations, how to use PHP with MySQL, CSS Foundations, Javascript Foundations, jQuery Basics, and Console Foundations. I'm gonna be more active in the community from here on, and as I go along I'd be more than happy to help out anyway I can as it will be good experience! By the way is there something wrong with the Faucet? I was gonna donate a bit of Dopecoin to try to help people who cannot mine/afford to buy it as I know how bad that sucks! It seems to be down however! Looking forward to making many friends!~ :O
boneee

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:22:42 PM

Why is the openings post still saying: Texas Hold'em Poker Coming Soon ?
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 473 »
  Print  

Jump to: