Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal Strikes Again, This is an Opportunity for BTC to Prove its Value  (Read 5673 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 06:15:43 PM

I simply LOATHE paypal. It's another CIA/NSA front to track each and every one of us, part of the surveillance state and the monopoly money masters.

Yeah that... or it's just a large successful company trying to earn revenue and mitigate losses.
An even more frightening prospect IMO.  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 06:25:25 PM

I simply LOATHE paypal. It's another CIA/NSA front to track each and every one of us, part of the surveillance state and the monopoly money masters.

Yeah that... or it's just a large successful company trying to earn revenue and mitigate losses.

Do you not do not exhibit the exact same behavior in your own affairs? Will you pay $5 for a sandwich if you can get the equivalent for $4?
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 06:43:52 PM

Do you not do not exhibit the exact same behavior in your own affairs? Will you pay $5 for a sandwich if you can get the equivalent for $4?
Oh I'm not complaining. I believe in capitalism. Although I think corporate America has to much influence within the government right now.  They are not "evil", just heartless; Which is their right.   

Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 09:50:14 PM

My message sent to Reader Supported News (http://readersupportednews.org/)

"Reader Supported News
Reader Supported News

This is a secure page. Your communication will be encrypted for your protection.

Your message was successfully sent. In addition, a confirmation copy was sent to your e-mail address. Your message is shown below.

I have sent you a donation because of your excellent coverage of Occupy Wall Street. However, in keeping with the spirit of Occupy Wall Street, I request that you set up to receive my future donations via bitcoin rather than Paypal."
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 04:35:49 AM

Interesting,

It's not easy for us to turn this boat on a dime, but I'll look into it.

All the Best,
Jonathan
Site Designer, Technical Lead
Reader Supported News

On 10/5/2011 2:46 PM, martello_paul@yahoo.ca wrote:
> I have sent you a donation because of your excellent coverage of Occupy Wall Street. However, in keeping with the spirit of Occupy Wall Street, I request that you set up to receive my future donations via bitcoin rather than Paypal. : Paul
>
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:42:12 AM

I have to admit, I still don't know what they stand for.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 04:52:13 PM

I have to admit, I still don't know what they stand for.

They promised to make "one demand" of President Obama. They said they would figure out what that one demand was once they all got together.

I'm still waiting.

I saw two separate proposals in the forum with tens of demands each. One was laughable. (Forgive all loans on the planet) The other had some sense to it. (Repeal this specific piece of legislation.)

Until they can decide who they are, I'll just continue to giggle at the performance artist trying to be taken seriously.
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:53:12 AM

Until they can decide who they are, I'll just continue to giggle at the performance artist trying to be taken seriously.

Why do they need to boil their issue down to one?  There is so much wrong with The System that no one issue will fix it. 

end the war on drugs,
claw back the 20 trillion that bernanke "loaned" to foreign central banks and corporations,
end the unlawful income tax,
end personhood for corporations,
end the Fed,
correct the Citizens United ruling
GMOs
nuclear industry is killing everything
end the patriot act
end the forever wars

I could go on for days.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 03:59:55 AM

Why do they need to boil their issue down to one?  There is so much wrong with The System that no one issue will fix it. 

http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-blog/anonymous-joins-occupywallstreet.html
The beauty of this new formula, and what makes this novel tactic exciting, is its pragmatic simplicity: we talk to each other in various physical gatherings and virtual people's assemblies … we zero in on what our one demand will be, a demand that awakens the imagination and, if achieved, would propel us toward the radical democracy of the future … and then we go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen.

The time has come to deploy this emerging stratagem against the greatest corrupter of our democracy: Wall Street, the financial Gomorrah of America.

On September 17, we want to see 20,000 people flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat one simple demand in a plurality of voices.

Tahrir succeeded in large part because the people of Egypt made a straightforward ultimatum – that Mubarak must go – over and over again until they won. Following this model, what is our equally uncomplicated demand?

Really, I didn't make up the "one demand" rule. It was part of the protest from the beginning. They didn't know what it would be when they started. They still don't know what it is.

At least the Tea Party guys had demands like, "Write the laws down BEFORE you vote on them, so everyone can actually read what they are supporting or opposing."

But not these guys. They want undying loyalty before they even decide what want. I don't know if I can get behind them yet. Maybe their demand is Obama start killing kittens? I simply have no idea.

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 08:34:58 AM

Pretty sobering to see how few bitcoins have been donated for occupy wallstreet so far
Best I can tell:

187 BTC for the general assembly:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1Q7DQVTubbUqr5by2YoZJRKCEzj9D3LQ9w

173 for feed the protest.
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1EUqkFmL9HNpBRvbWRAqCiUjepaR7Vbryp

I suspect they've received worth more in tampons and socks.

Common folks, Im sure most people here support the protest, donating bitcoins is the obvious thing to do. Surely you can miss 5 or 10BTC?

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 01:39:53 PM

Since this is an organic and spontaneous event it should not be a surprise that they have no articulated demands. 
My guess is that more established lobby groups will try co-opting the movement with their own agendas. Like what happened to the tea party on the right.

TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 01:52:50 PM

If i'm not mistaken, coal plants put out more radioactivity than nuclear plants; and the deathcount attributed to energy sources other than nuclear are way bigger...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:05:48 PM

If i'm not mistaken, coal plants put out more radioactivity than nuclear plants; and the deathcount attributed to energy sources other than nuclear are way bigger...

yep, coal is directly and indirectly attributed to more deaths than nuclear power has ever been.

Oh also, Mods please don't delete my posts, I posted one in here and now it is gone because apparently you did not agree with my point that he didn't read the ToS or paypal about them being allowed to recoup losses incurred by fraud that is commited against you but whatever
onesalt

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 02:12:01 PM

oh wait it's because you foolishly made multiple copies of this exact thread with the same title and content and everything, which is bound to cause confusion.
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 05:13:55 PM

Common folks, Im sure most people here support the protest, donating bitcoins is the obvious thing to do. Surely you can miss 5 or 10BTC?

Actually I am sure most people here oppose the Occupy Wall Street protests.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 06:04:05 PM

I must say some of the things said on this thread are the most ridiculous I've ever heard.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████

▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 06:21:16 PM

I must say some of the things said on this thread are the most ridiculous I've ever heard.

You're going to have to be more specific.  Regardless, you must not spend much time on the Internet.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

fennec

Activity: 76
Merit: 87

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2011, 06:48:50 PM

Why?

I'm not disagreeing; just curious.

Preev – simple Bitcoin converter with live exchange rates
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 06:58:08 PM

Why?

I'm not disagreeing; just curious.

I'm more or less on the fence, but I can guess as to what he is refering to.  Most people here are libertarian leaning, to some degree or another.  Such a political ideology, whether we agree with their greviences or not, doesn't tend to view groupthink, mob action, or popular group identity politics with much respect.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 07:27:15 PM

Thanks for doing the research.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: