Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For this reason, wouldn't ETH be the future of all crypto?  (Read 649 times)
ericaltm (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:32:01 AM
Merited by dbshck (1)

Hi, first time I create a thread myself on BitcoinTalk!

I wanted to bring into the discussion if there are many good projects under the Ethereum blockchain (ERC-20 tokens) that have a potential for the future, wouldn't ETH become super important since it is what you pay as a transaction fee.

I know there are many shit-projects under the Ethereum blockchain, but I am not worried about those, because we (the users of crypto) will figure that out and simply not use them. But every now and then a great project arises that can give a lot of value to making solutions in the world. Just wanted to hear your opinion on this.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 07:39:20 AM

I used to have the same idea but not anymore. The sad truth is that shit projects will remain there and people will continue to invest and buy things that they know nothing about because a random ico rating site gave a high score for that coin or their favorite youtuber spoke about it. so when you say "figure out and simply not use them" I honestly don't know what you're talking about because unless people get educated, they'll keep using them.
ericaltm (OP)

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:13:27 AM

I used to have the same idea but not anymore. The sad truth is that shit projects will remain there and people will continue to invest and buy things that they know nothing about because a random ico rating site gave a high score for that coin or their favorite youtuber spoke about it. so when you say "figure out and simply not use them" I honestly don't know what you're talking about because unless people get educated, they'll keep using them.

I think that this will be solved by time. I think that in my first year of crypto I didn't really know what I was doing with it, but now being here almost six years, I have created some gut feeling where I can see projects that actually create value to the customer in some sense. My opinion in crypto is to have all kinds of it, those that inflate, deflate, are centralized, and decentralized, etc... I guess it is another "time will tell" situation

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:36:14 AM

I think the greater the likelihood of bitcoin is greater than all crypto coins because the bitcoin only has the largest suction supply and the bitcoin is much more known in ethereum.

googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:58:43 AM

For any ICO's that are created in todays date wont necessarily need to have ETH as the payment solutions. Now the time has changed and people can literally buy the ICO tokens during the ICO phase with other crypto currencies too as well as with Fiat too. May be this has divided the whole thing and thus ETH is not the preferred system to pay anymore as people know that Gwei fees and Gas fees are too high at the time of ICO sales. So we cat truly say that it is helping the ETH platform in anyways for that purpose.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kyle999

Activity: 475

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:09:03 PM

The ethereal energy is also great and many ethereum uses it with a wallet that can be used and many options about ethereum I think I also have the ethereum someday.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:23:34 PM

Indeed. It is also true that most of the scam ICO always get the ETH itself in trouble. I mean how easy it is, get the funds raised in the ETH form, then go scam and dump the same ETH in the market for whatever prices they get and run away. There goes your ETH in the valley and thus kills the fun out of it. I think it is the way the market will keep working for the ETH at least and thus more emission of the ETH will kill its price someday. You cant really have it that on the track always. So just think about it twice, whether it is able to surpass the bitcoin in future that way or not?
FalcoonRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:31:35 PM

it could be because only ethereum can compete with bitcoin but to shift bitcoin ethereum takes a long time.
DonHodler

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:35:46 PM

Unfortunately, because of those so-called "shit projects", Ethereum will suffer, anyone including scammers can create a token and in my opinion, that will eventually destroy Ethereums ability to take on Bitcoin. Maybe something like NEO will eventually take Bitcoin on but I don't think anyone will take Bitcoin on anytime soon. 
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 05:27:26 PM

There is no problem if Ethereum isn't a scam. ETH is a coin with a second place that has proven itself in the market. No one wants scam projects to be, but there is absolutely a deception everywhere that there is human's finger. I don't think these projects have damaged the image of ETH. We have not seen good projects affect as good as to ETH.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

I agree ETH itself is the second biggest coin in the market behind bitcoin just for these reasons. Litecoin was the second biggest coin for years and it was silver to bitcoins gold but for a while now ETH has been the second biggest coin. It does have other usefull stuff but mostly the only reason eth is high is the token deal for other ICO deals. With the new tokens not worthing as much and people are afraid of going in the ICO's compared to a year ago, its harder for ETH to keep its value up.

The better ICO's and coins coming out of ETH the higher ETH will worth. People usually buy bitcoin directly first to buy other stuff, same goes for people who buy ETH first to get into a token. Better the market all around better ETH will be.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 08:00:13 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2018, 10:35:17 AM by gentlemand

What all the ERC-20 stuff has ably proven is that if a single one of these projects actually became used by the real world in real world numbers ETH would fall apart.

Crypto kitties fucked it for a while. There's been talk of this weird Fcoin exchange mining via trading and pushing up fees. And now there's talk of EOS intentionally screwing with it too as it's now a competitor.

I think ETH is a proof of concept. As it is it's a cool project that is not capable of handling prime time just like everything else.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

I wanted to bring into the discussion if there are many good projects under the Ethereum blockchain (ERC-20 tokens) that have a potential for the future, wouldn't ETH become super important since it is what you pay as a transaction fee.

I know there are many shit-projects under the Ethereum blockchain, but I am not worried about those, because we (the users of crypto) will figure that out and simply not use them. But every now and then a great project arises that can give a lot of value to making solutions in the world. Just wanted to hear your opinion on this.
Well in fact it is the future, and it will be because as you said ethereum has many project under its name and that is something that no other cryptoucurency was able to do which give the opportunity to developers to create and bring new ideas that can change our world and make thing way easier, but like bitcoin etehreum or at least ICOs are facing some heavy regulations that are slowing its progression and development.
Smon

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 09:36:15 PM

Now ETH is the future for the crypto market. Because all ICO projects are created on the foundation of ETH. So I think ETH is growing up and can flip Bitcoin any time ETH wants

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:07:16 PM

Yes, ETH has a bright future like bitcoin and Day by day Ethereum will be a great platform in the crypto field. Because Many Good Projects are coming in this network.  But Ethereum has bad projects too. So, when People stop investing in bad projects and they focus only god project then Ethereum will be one of the futures of the crypto market. In my view, Ethereum always will remain the second coin in the cryptocurrency and we know the first coin is  bitcoin.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 10:45:32 PM

Okay so what are you pointing out here?
There is a lot of good ICO created under Erc20 and I have seen some of those.
So does that mean Ethereum should be the best?
Helll they forked Bitcoin and got Bitcoin Cash and it got more valuable than ETH.

Even if it can be used with those kind of service it doesnt meam it should rlgain its value just like that. We need more reason than just that.
Cointoli

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:17:51 PM

Yes, ETH has a bright future like bitcoin and Day by day Ethereum will be a great platform in the crypto field. Because Many Good Projects are coming in this network.  But Ethereum has bad projects too. So, when People stop investing in bad projects and they focus only god project then Ethereum will be one of the futures of the crypto market. In my view, Ethereum always will remain the second coin in the cryptocurrency and we know the first coin is  bitcoin.
Ethereum is the most practical coin in the cryptocurrency market that I know of, which is why ETH has received so much support from investors around the world. I also bought quite a lot of ETH during the downturn and I think it is a good investment.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 11:43:26 PM

Bitcoin is already 9yrs old.  ETH is only 3yrs old?  Look at the progress,  ETH might bypass BTC someday.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:12:02 AM

Ethereum may still be our coin in the future but I doubt that there will be no coin that would surpass it. As I see there are some coin like EOS is way better that ETH now and would surpass it any day without question.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 02:46:14 AM

Indeed the ethereum platform is suitable for those who want to use great technology into an innovative concept, but you know there are still many who are trapped in project fraud, even there from those who got high rate on the rating site and using ERC20 also scams, for me ETH has many flaws to be the future of all crypto.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████