Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:46:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should Ponzi's be in the gambling section?  (Read 3594 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:25:04 AM

I think its pretty obvious they don't belong with legitimate gambling sites. 

Maybe a sub-category is proper. IMO something needs to be done.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
FUR11

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:28:05 AM

I agree, but I think that everything will run it's course shortly.  They are popular right now because a bunch of suckers have shown that they are willing to lose some BTC chasing that dream.  That spawns a bunch of similar sites trying to take advantage of those people.  Once people smarten up/go broke, there will be no more interest thus then no more sites.  I figure it'll take a week tops.

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:31:42 AM

Even a blind man could see that these ponzis really don't belong in this section. I'm hopeful for a new sub, but I really wouldn't mind it if they just deleted all the threads (ain't gonna happen). The whole thing has become a giant conglomerate of crap posts.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:35:55 AM

As much as it sickens me to see ponzi operators rape this young community,  I don't think they they should be deleted.

However this is not not gambling,  its a scheme.  A ponzi scheme.   Gambling involves a game.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:39:12 AM

I'd like to see a "Ponzi" child-board. I use them... till they die.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:41:17 AM

Eh, I'm not too sympathetic to those who get fleeced, if your a complete idiot and you cannot learn from your mistakes then you really are asking to get screwed. Anyway, it's just frustrating to have to filter out all the ponzi garbage whenever I come here.
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:38:34 AM

Another problem is the "one thread per site" rule isn't being enforced.  There are people making 3, 4, 5 threads to promote additional incarnations of their ponzi instead of keeping it confined to one thread (where everyone can see how much they owe).

goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:42:20 AM

Eh, I'm not too sympathetic to those who get fleeced, if your a complete idiot and you cannot learn from your mistakes then you really are asking to get screwed. Anyway, it's just frustrating to have to filter out all the ponzi garbage whenever I come here.

Like I said, I use them till they die. I get INSANELY mad at the ones who come back to the post, and whine to the OP. "YOU DIDN'T PAY ME!!! (I always get annoyed at the ones who add "Sir" to the end.) HERE'S MY TRANSACTION ID ON THE BLOCKCHAIN! (Then the part that really annoys me) Thanks, and have a very nice day!" Like, damn! Can you not figure out you just got scammed?!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BitcoinVideoPoker

Activity: 800

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:57:35 AM

As much as it sickens me to see ponzi operators rape this young community,  I don't think they they should be deleted.

However this is not not gambling,  its a scheme.  A ponzi scheme.   Gambling involves a game.

Totally agree. Ponzi schemes should be removed.

RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:33:15 AM

It's still a form of gambling though, and I don't think there's enough reason to create a new subforum just for them. This is really the most appropriate place for them at the moment, but that doesn't exactly mean they belong here.
phibay

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:13:39 AM

It should be at games and round , since it wont take long to close down .
xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:34:20 AM

Obv they should not be here , its ponzi but some time it will end up a scam .
sosulon

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:51:54 AM

It will be better if everyone only play 1 ponzi who charge by reputate owner .
bit4max.com

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:31:15 PM

I'm also running a Ponzi. I think mainly due to manager really appreciate the program will thrive.
AceXll

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:36:30 PM

Well, they aren't really Ponzi schemes, and they are gambling games since the player is gambling that they wont be the biggest fool.

haha so true
zahra4571

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:46:49 PM

Ponzis don't belong to gambling. Ponzis belong to scams section. Because sooner or later some one would be crying that he didn't get his bitcoin back.

Revolution

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

Trading BTC, looking for amazon cards

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:03:20 PM

This.

Ponzi is just lies and hope... it's not even doing anything.

notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:41:03 PM

i agree move them somewhere else
Gogo ppp
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:26:47 PM

I think its pretty obvious they don't belong with legitimate gambling sites.  

...IMO something needs to be done.

+1

"Ponzi" is by definition a scam.
It's amusing that the operators are being realistic in their title for their operations, and that people invest regardless.

But how can the Administration here not take any responsibility for allowing scammers to openly post, in effect, "I have a scam that I would like you to invest in. You are guaranteed to ultimately lose money"?
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

Who cares about what other people do with their money?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: