Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:08:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinjar trading status and coins failure to send.  (Read 4248 times)
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:02:02 AM

This is the thread for discussion about Coinjar of Australia trading status and coins not appearing on the block chain. 

I have a relatively small exposure. 1.2 btc stated to be sent 48 hours ago but never hit the blockchain. 
Plus approx $290 Australian dollars.

No responses to tickets. 

No public statements from Coinjar since Thursday which said "everything is fine we are not affected by transaction malleability". 
theratman

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 02:32:03 AM

Had a problem sending BTC to coinjar wallet confirmed in blockchain but not showing up in coinjar wallet, im sure it will be ok just have to be patient.
Dusty11

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:04:10 AM

Sent .13btc to another wallet 10 hours ago, says transaction completed on coinjar but hasn't shown up on blockchain at all
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:08:09 AM

Has anyone had a response to a ticket after 6pm on Friday?
rmwb

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:04:37 AM

They seem to be offline right now (3:03pm AEDT)...
[EDIT] & back @ 3:05...
CoinClippers

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 04:38:25 AM

It's Sunday afternoon (3:30pm) here in Australia and I believe CoinJar do not provide customer service outside of business hours.
theratman

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 04:39:52 AM

ah true makes sense.
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:16:30 AM

It's Sunday afternoon (3:30pm) here in Australia and I believe CoinJar do not provide customer service outside of business hours.

I hope it is as simple as that.  But I just sent another transaction 4 blocks ago to test and it is showing as "sent" from the Coinjar end but does not yet appear on the blockchain.

You cannot walk away from an exchange with a broken / empty hot wallet and remain publicly silent just because it is the weekend. 
smithytzu

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:38:21 AM

Their site is timing out whenever you try to make a btc transaction.

As others have said, being the weekend is no excuse to not provide updates on service status, this is a service that people use (and they profit from) 24/7 not 9-5 Mon-Friday.

I can understand support tickets not being fully addressed over the weekend, but service availability and ensuring you have a functional system isn't exclusive to Monday-Friday.

Lets hope this is just incompetence and not fraud in the making.

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 06:43:35 AM

Only one more thing to add, this line they always pull "This appears to be affecting less than 5% of CoinJar’s outgoing bitcoin payments." really pisses me off, 100% of your users can't use your service, it's clearly not 5% they say the same thing with deposits/withdrawals, they keep using this 5% line saying whenever you have a problem with their service you are in the minority, it's your problem, everyone else loves coinjar and has no problems, it's never a good sign when a business is openly dishonest to their customers.

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:00:41 AM

Upon further investigation, I think it looks like they need to heavily do a re-design of their wallet system, it seems to rely on txtid which as most are aware has come under attack recently.  If the txtid is the primary identifier in their db for transactions, it could be causing all kinds of problems and require a software re-write.

I suspect this is what has happened, they really need to be more open about what's going on because if this is the case, it could take at least a week to write some functional code, maybe another couple of weeks-a month to get the code perfect.

Inspire

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:24:41 AM

I sent my coinjar wallet to my wallet fine. This was     Friday Feb 14 12:56 PM. Coinjar says confirmed on their system, but there was a lag of going into my wallet (5mins).
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:29:31 AM

I sent mine 4 hours later and system says confirmed but still not on blockchain. Sounds like you got lucky.
Inspire

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:32:48 AM

Upon further investigation, I think it looks like they need to heavily do a re-design of their wallet system, it seems to rely on txtid...
From what I noticed when I did my withdrawal, their txid was blank. So I dont think they use this in their system.
When I did a withdrawal, they marked it as completed instantly, but the btc didnt hit my wallet for another 5 mins or so.

I do believe they use another system to keep track of the transactions.
Inspire

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:43:49 AM

Yeh I get edgy sometimes when things are wrong. Their system is pretty solid though. I tested their system - sent money in/out of my account, and sent btc out of my account. They seem pretty solid. Their Support is only Week days and in business hours - which is a pity since this is a 24/7 thing.

If you only sent 4 hrs after me, and not have it sent to you yet, that must mean they dont allocate btc to each account. We must all share the same hotwallet - and they must have ran out of btc. That is not a good sign.

Support should be back tomorrow, please give us all an update on your transaction as I want to keep an eye on their response.
smithytzu

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 07:54:36 AM

Yeah I stand corrected, I just did a test transaction and was able to get the transaction through, there's clearly some issues going on but the system is somewhat functional at the moment.

smithytzu

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 08:17:44 AM

Yeah I stand corrected, I just did a test transaction and was able to get the transaction through, there's clearly some issues going on but the system is somewhat functional at the moment.

I will add however I only did a .00001 BTC transaction, haven't tested anything bigger

HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:07:37 AM

I tried 0.01 two hours ago and it failed. Maybe there are only satoshis left in the hot wallet? 
HairyMaclairy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:16:27 AM

Good detective work.  I have just successfully sent 0.00012 btc.

Worked as per normal.  So there is nothing wrong with the system but there are only Satoshi left in the hot wallet.
sydneysider

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 09:29:23 AM

I tried sending several test transactions to and from my coinjar wallet - but only half got through. I read on their discussion blog that they ran out of bitcoin and that was delaying purchases. However one of my transactions for AUD$14 was recorded on the blockchain but did not get to my coinjar wallet. Another for AUD$7 was sent to another wallet I have elsewhere and it didn't arrive although it shows in coinjar as having been sent.

They are having troubles this weekend. Lets see what happens next week.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: