Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2983 times)
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 07:09:49 PM

This is one reason why the price of bitcoin is rising. The more expensive the price, that means the supply of bitcoin is increasingly limited. This is called long term investment. Same as gold, property etc. My advice is to invest part or quarter of your assets in bitcoin. Good luck later.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:10:52 PM

I dont think it is possible to have bitcoin shortage because there are I think enough bitcoins for everyone to keep if ever everyone would have the opportunity to keep at least one.
Jamesp2k

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:05:07 PM

There is shortage of bitcoin already. That is why you can get a fraction for a dollar.  But I tell you this is just the beginning.  At some point you will want 1 bitcoin for a million dollar, and it will be difficult to get except you raise your stake
acord00

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:34:02 PM

Yeah, what you say is true. One of the reasons why bitcoin cannot be actively used as a transaction because the amount of bitcoin is limited. This limited amount makes bitcoin very minimal in terms of movement because not everyone who has bitcoin will play their bitcoin every day. That's what causes many people to switch to owning altcoins rather than bitcoin. The longer people who buy altcoins will become love with their altcoins rather than their initial love of bitcoin.
MeganRice1212

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:38:08 AM

In the world, bitcoin is limited to 21 million coins, but at present, the world has nearly 17 million coin, which means just over 4 million coins in the world for everyone to dig. Expected number in the year 2140, bitcoin in the world will reach the limit. But with the popularity of bitcoin at present, it may be in a few years, the number of bitcoins will be severely lacking.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:44:42 AM

In the world, bitcoin is limited to 21 million coins, but at present, the world has nearly 17 million coin, which means just over 4 million coins in the world for everyone to dig. Expected number in the year 2140, bitcoin in the world will reach the limit. But with the popularity of bitcoin at present, it may be in a few years, the number of bitcoins will be severely lacking.
yes of course! the bitcoin have only limited supply. the bitcoin is not unlimited. the supply of the bitcoin all over the world is only limited. like this time. the price of the bitcoin is lower and many of us are planning to make invest and the others are pnly holding.it means, if they do only holding the flow of the bitcoin in the industry will stopped. in this way it is possible to have a shortage.
vixcious

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:47:29 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
When Bitcoin becomes scarce, it means that its value will be higher than ever. It will still be circulating in the crypto market and it will not be lost, so ETH will not have the chance to take advantage.

crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:50:44 AM

I think so, it will certainly happen if all in the world will participate. The billions of coins is not even enough for all of us given that the entire world population will go into cryptocurrency. But for now it is very questionable since not all are really into cryptocurrency like bitcoin. And because there are only a few stores opening with bitcoin as payments and other utilities for bitcoin. Yet I am still hoping maybe someday when people will learn how valuable bitcoin will be in the future then that will be the time.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:02:58 PM

I think it will not happen because 1 Bitcoin can be divided to Satoshi. What happen is that the price of Bitcoin price will increase significantly. There will be a hoarding of Bitcoin and the market will continues to be a volatile market.
Al the Alpaca

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:26:24 PM

I think it will not happen because 1 Bitcoin can be divided to Satoshi. What happen is that the price of Bitcoin price will increase significantly. There will be a hoarding of Bitcoin and the market will continues to be a volatile market.
Exactly! Bitcoin have the supply around 21 million (not sure), I will say that it will support the entire world and the price is expanding. It will not be like that.

█ ANN THREAD █
Whitepaper
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAMFACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
StuartJonson

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:15:07 PM

It is shown according to the recent news that over eighty percent of the BTC have been already mined. This means that now there are only twenty percent of BTC left to mine. So, yes there will be shortages. and this is the reason why the prices rise.
Carlos Caprio

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:55:11 AM

Those things which are available don't have much demand and bitcoin has its demand because it is also limited and the demand will increase when we find the shortage of it.
Because bitcoin is planned to be limited in number, so while the maximum amount has not been reached the price is still not normal, the ups and downs are very large. If the whole world holds bitcoin, you can imagine how valuable bitcoin is because supply and demand are not balanced. Then what will happen? There are two possibilities, the price will be very expensive or the price will fall. While other crypto currencies will advance even if not as expensive as bitcoin.
anhmai4155948@gmail.com

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:56:15 AM

I think bitcoin is not enough for the whole world to use, which means that bitcoin will not be the same currency of the whole world as USD. I think bitcoin is just a coin intermediate so we can trade between bitcoin and altcoin and USD, the market is constantly fluctuating so I think the bitcoin price will be further boosted.
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:28:38 AM

Deficit generates demand, and consequently - prices for scarce goods are growing. As you know, the maximum number of bitcoins is limited to 21 million coins. The restriction on bitcoin emissions, coupled with the loss of coins with loss of access to purses, makes this deflationary currency.

I think yes, if all people around the world want to own bitcoin. It could be not enough to all of us, and that time the price well boom and bitcoin holders gain their so much blessings.
BayView20

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:15:45 PM

I don't think so.
ReactionClever58

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:16:36 PM

I think not the demand will produce more btc.
StarPlanet458

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:18:07 PM

If someone who is super rich like Bil gates buys lots of cryptos then may be shortage will come.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:37:27 PM

IMO, there won’t be a Bitcoin shortage since the price will adjust according to demand and supply. Bitcoin will get more expensive in the case of more buyer and less seller.
introvart wonder

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:30:17 PM

I don't think there is any chance of shortage of bitcoin... but nothing is impossible. if you find any possibility you can think about other crypto currency.... there are also other growing crypto currency also.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 03:38:59 PM

Even now it is not every body in cryptoworld that own a whole one bitcoin, most of us have it in fraction of satoshi. so people will buy in fraction of satoshi. It will be a plus for early birds like us. The higher the demand the higher the price.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: