Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:48:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2983 times)
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:05:17 AM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
That would indeed not create any kind of bitcoin shortage Grin Instead the price fir bitcoins will surely blow up and will reach some new heights. There are about 21M bitcoins in circulation and the price for them depends on the demand and supply factor. The price will always keep on rising as the demand for bitcoins will rise so we all should hope a better demand ahead as you mentioned and it would surely get us huge profits for holding bitcoins.
Indeed, the price will increase if demands calls for more people to start buying and holding bitcoin, things like this really make me invest my hard earned money to this system, believing that time will come and more adoptions will occur many will see that the value of even single satoshi will be more expensive,
no shortage will happen but continuous growth in terms of value, better to buy why while price still cheap and store it inside your safe wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:09:47 AM

yeah i know but if all the people around the world will going to invest on BTC how much market price will it be for bitcoin? This could make some confusions when there are a lot of zeroes after the decimal point. So basically there should be a remedy that could not affect bitcoin market price at the same time the supply will grow.

many people said that bitcoin can potentially hit a milion dollar if ever the supply had run out .

This could make some confusions when there are a lot of zeroes after the decimal point.
no its not confusing at all . bitcoin is measured that way , so if ever the value increases , you can still see a lot of zeros when you are dealing about satoshis  .
So basically there should be a remedy that could not affect bitcoin market price at the same time the supply will grow.

what remedy ? theres no remedey because the price will always grow as soon as there is a lot of demand from the public . supply of bitcoin will not also grow since its already given that the supply is only limited to 21 million .
nsmdgw

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:07:13 AM

The world is gradually accepting cryptocurrency. If there is no crypto appearance. Maybe the economy will be stuck and just stop at the balance or go down.
abhi777

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 11:19:33 AM

I think it might happen because the condition of the total supply of bitcoin has very limited capacity and the demand is getting higher so I am sure this bitcoin will be increasingly difficult to obtain.
in my opinion the lack of bitcoin is how the market price can't be stable and changes a lot. and sometimes we invest not getting anything at all.
znation

Activity: 188
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:00:26 PM

I think it is impossible because then the price will rise and many people can not afford to own a small Bitcoin.
feehannah

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:35:58 PM

Bitcoin has a limited amount that makes it valuable. I think there will no bitcoin shortage but the price will keep increasing because of limited supply and that is great.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:39:02 PM

It will not come to that point. There will never be a Bitcoin shortage. The value of Bitcoin could adjust up to whatever point it needs just to satisfy the demand and the necessary valuation when the entire world will be using Bitcoin. If the demand is rising so high due to the billions of people across the world using Bitcoin, the market will be assigning a bigger value to every Satoshi. There are eight decimal points in every BTC. It may happen that .00000005 BTC will be valued 1 USD.

A good point.

Just to add, if the demand will constantly increasing, the circulating supply will be the same as halving is the one responsible for this. The last bitcoin will be mined by 2140 in which new bitcoin that appear every year will decrease. So even people are dying to own some when there's just limited bitcoin in every year then they will have nothing to do but to buy even it's damn expensive. And there's no way to have a shortage in bitcoin hence people who hold bitcoin now is fortunate.

And having a finite supply, as so their scarcity increases.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Akande13

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:39:18 PM

If the demand is rising so high due to the billions of people across the world using Bitcoin, the market will be assigning a bigger value to every Satoshi. There are eight decimal points in every BTC. It may happen that .00000005 BTC will be valued 1 USD.
Sandijoee

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:42:47 PM

Well, that is part of the reasons why the price will skyrocket because the supply is limited. Just like gold. I think buyers and holders of bitcoin today will be mega rich billionaires in future once the supply declines
Yes, of course I agree with your opinion. This causes bitcoin prices to skyrocket because bitcoin in the world is limited. this is very lucky for Buyers and holders will become rich in the future to come.
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:32:05 PM

As far as i know, 80% of bitcoin has been mined so that means only 20% left to supply the market. If the remaining 20% mined, the supply will now limitted and the value will become higher. This is caused by the law of supply and demand where no supply with high demand leads to high prices.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin has limited inventory. Weakness may not be the right word but it may be an increase in demand that will push prices up. More and more people will try to get Bitcoin.
Satish147

Activity: 420

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 01:49:09 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

If the Bitcoin is adopted all over the world then we will start using satoshi instead of Bitcoin. 1 Bitcoin can be sub divided into 10 million times. So it will be sufficient for everyone for daily usage.

gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:18:11 PM

Yes is it possible to have a bitcoin shortage. If everyone holds it and no one will sell it I think it will happen.

Qwerts

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:40:18 PM

Whether there is a shortage or not, it will still be a good thing. As we all know, we make the market possible and shortage means less supply and higher value. To be specific, this is the law of demand and supply, when there is scarcity in the sources or the demands, prices are high, like for an example gold. Even if this happens, it only goes to show that crypto currency is growing and that the market can potentially grow and increase in the future.
Bulljcak

Activity: 107

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:50:52 PM

Well, that is part of the reasons why the price will skyrocket because the supply is limited. Just like gold. I think buyers and holders of bitcoin today will be mega rich billionaires in future once the supply declines

yes,they are waiting the right time when btc price become bigger.thats why they limit btc supply.but if we have enough btc then we will become profitable.
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:14:41 PM

Not so smart thoughts you have. Bitcoin is not integer, you can divide Bitcoin as you want. You can have 0.00001 BTC or even less. And why do you think that everyone needs to have Bitcoin.
xena2

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:53:59 PM

For me, I think there will be no bitcoin shortage, it was create in a limited number. As the demand goes up the value of bitcoin adjusts. (just my opinion)

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:00:29 PM

I really doubt it. But it can happen given that there has been a substantial amount of bitcoins left in other wallets and will not be able to access them without the key pass. That's a bummer since no one will ever retrieve that bitcoin and recirculate it back to total supply.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ellehcar

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

I think, it's possible. Remember that we have only limited supply of it and it is expected to be all mined by 2040. But I don't think it will affect how we make our merchandise 'coz we have altcoins for different use cases. The good thing here is that limited supply usually drives up the price.
pedagang2

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 04:12:34 PM

I a gree with you,
but bitcoin is not like a gold or coal mine that if we take it continuously it will run out, in my opinion bitcoin will never run out even though all people have it.
but none of these words are impossible for ether following the next bitcoin price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: