Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:47:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to have bitcoin shortage?  (Read 2980 times)
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 04:01:12 PM

Bitcoin supply is limited to 2.1 crore that is really limited. From your point if whole people buy bitcoin, there will be shortage of supply. You know all people will not buy bitcoin, but most of the people could buy bitcoin in the future. This will create low supply and high demand situation, that can lead to jump the price like rocket speed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:20:09 PM

I don't think this is very possible. Though if everyone decided to hodl onto there bitcoin, we might have a shortage of bitcoin and the demand might be a little higher but not that the shortage will be obvious that much
T o x i c a l

Activity: 518
Merit: 13

SCARCITYDEFI.ORG

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:42:01 PM

I think the lack of bitcoins will not be because every bitcoin can have 100000000 parts. This is quite enough to create a currency that will be enough for all the inhabitants of the earth.

pekingcoepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:57:06 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?
in any case there is nothing perfect, it certainly has flaws, we know BTC is the top coin with high prices and a quality system, but if we see from the system there are many shortcomings but not too bad. so basically all coins have advantages and disadvantages.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 11:07:27 AM

Yes, because in my own opinion shortage is always occur when there's an low of supplies but a high demand. So when we connected it to bitcoin, if all people in the world are want buy bitcoin, shortage will occur. Is this possible? Yes because we all know that bitcoin is international and it is a free access so if all countries are designed to accept bitcoin and if all people of that all countries are willing to buy bitcoin I could say that shortage is coming.

Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2018, 12:01:22 PM

I also think like this "is the amount of Bitcoin currently enough for all people in the world", maybe that reason also caused the Hardfork coins to appear.. and I think this step has been read by Ripple developers who put out their coins up to 39 billion or Stellar Developers who circulate their coins for 29 billion because they think "if we issue only tens of millions coins, that amount will not be enough for the entire population earth"

raking

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:29:41 PM

There are more than 4 million untapped bitcoins. In the future bitcoin will be rare and bitcoin prices will increase. But it will not be a problem if you are thinking that there will be a shortage because you can use it and divide it with decimals
wahyu5

Activity: 729
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:35:43 PM

I do not see that, because in the crypto market I see that there are always people who sell and some who buy bitcoin. So I think we will not see the lack of bitcoin as long as the market is still moving and bitcoin sales and purchases are still going on.
Ridersss

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:38:42 PM

I do not think that bitcoin will be enough if the whole people around the world will going to buy bitcoins. There will be too much shortage on bitcoin supply and this will lead also to have an expensive market price for bitcoin. As we all know that there are billions of people around the world and bitcoin supply is only limited. So meaning to say in the near future there will be a shortage for bitcoin supply and thus will lead to create another dominant coin like having ether as one of the possibilities that it will be the next to bitcoin. As of this moment i am seeing this already closely to happen. What do you think?

I can't say that the existing bitcoin cannot fulfill the huge market's desire to have bitcoin. It's just that the creators of the bitcoin currency want to maintain or stabilize the value of bitcoin itself. so that it produces limited bitcoin currencies. if it's too easy to get bitcoin, then the value of bitcoin itself will fall free.
moneyangel

Activity: 336

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 02:39:05 PM

Well, that is part of the reasons why the price will skyrocket because the supply is limited. Just like gold. I think buyers and holders of bitcoin today will be mega rich billionaires in future once the supply declines
I think we can't see a shortage as someone around the world will sell their tokens if the price rise and the price will increase once the demand increases. If the price is high enough then we can transact in a satoshi.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]  All
  Print  

Jump to: