Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow is most likely a scam operation  (Read 14698 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:42:01 AM

BTW, one more thing... Both HashFast and CoinTerra cannot produce performance-per-electrical consumption that Black Arrow claims they could. So, I'm getting even more skeptical...

CoinTerra TerraMiner @ 2 TH/s consumes 1,650 W
HashFash Sierra Evo 3 @ 2 TH/s consumes 2,200 W

... as for Black Arrow Prospero X-3 @ 2 TH/s, they claim 1,050 W. Either this is a blaten lie and scam, or they have super engineers.

Why are you so dedicated on spreading misinformation?

Both cointerra and hashfast have had much longer delays than BA and underperforming hardware. It is a bit hilarious you seem to think bfl/ct/hf are any sort of gold standard when it comes to asics.

BA has advertised 0.6gh/w for the chip alone. So that equates to around 1000w per TH for the complete miner.

BA has just announced successful tapeout confirmed by verisilicon. Care to comment on this?

Btw asicminer next gen 40nm chips will be 0.2w/gh. Does that make you skeptical?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jimmothy

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:50:37 AM

Quote from: blackarrow
the PSU has been upgraded as well. We expect that 1400watt running at 80% load (for maximum efficiency) for 10 minions to yield 1200-1400 Ghash.

So 2.8th/2800W per prospero x-3
ikevin8me (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:00:42 AM

Why are you so dedicated on spreading misinformation?

All those information I've posted can be verified by examining the details posted by the respective companies. Please take a close look at the news released by CoinTerra and HashFast. Please also search Google, Twitter and YouTube about what their customers are saying.

Both cointerra and hashfast have had much longer delays than BA and underperforming hardware. It is a bit hilarious you seem to think bfl/ct/hf are any sort of gold standard when it comes to asics.

All the companies - ButterflyLabs, CoinTerra and HashFash - had overpromised on delivery times. However, they were transparent in their business operations. They directors and staff were known and revealed. The have attended trade shows and had been interviewed and reported by journalists. On the contrary, the people at Black Arrow hides behind a shield. I even saw a message that Matt of Black Arrow was telling Phinnaeus Gage that he refuses to reveal his real name.

HashFast is now clearing Batch 2, 3 and 4 of the Baby Jets, expected to complete by end of March.

CoinTerra is now in production of the TerraMiners and will company by April/May.

YES, BFL, CT and HF are currently the GOLD STANDARD in mining hardware. Absolutely. Black Arrow will just turn out to be a 100% confirmed scam soon...

BA has advertised 0.6gh/w for the chip alone. So that equates to around 1000w per TH for the complete miner.

Prospero X-3 consumes only 1,050 W for 2 TH/s. None of the proven legitimate companies - CoinTerra, HashFast and ButterFly - with track-record (both good and bad) has achieved this. So, Black Arrow must have hired super-engineers from space.

BA has just announced successful tapeout confirmed by verisilicon. Care to comment on this?

To be honest, I have no comments (yet), because I think the stories are made up. Further, they claim their will appear the trade show in Texas this week. Well, when I take a closer look, it is not them, but their US reseller "minersource". So, that reseller is either one of the scammers or a victim of the scam.

Btw asicminer next gen 40nm chips will be 0.2w/gh. Does that make you skeptical?

Yes, from which company?

http://blog.ikevin.me #biz #tech #dev #socialmedia #mashup #bitcoin #cryptocurrency
jimmothy

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:19:49 AM

All the companies - ButterflyLabs, CoinTerra and HashFash - had overpromised on delivery times. However, they were transparent in their business operations. They directors and staff were known and revealed. The have attended trade shows and had been interviewed and reported by journalists. On the contrary, the people at Black Arrow hides behind a shield. I even saw a message that Matt of Black Arrow was telling Phinnaeus Gage that he refuses to reveal his real name.

Ah yes I forgot weekly updates from blackarrow is definately "non-transparent".

HashFast is now clearing Batch 2, 3 and 4 of the Baby Jets, expected to complete by end of March.

CoinTerra is now in production of the TerraMiners and will company by April/May.

Where were you 1 month ago when cointerra and hashfast were both ~3 months behind schedule? My guess is you didn't know about bitcoin back then.

Neither CT or HF have actually attended any trade shows prior to completing an asic.

YES, BFL, CT and HF are currently the GOLD STANDARD in mining hardware. Absolutely. Black Arrow will just turn out to be a 100% confirmed scam soon...

Basically proving my point you are new to the bitcoin mining game. Even PG would agree that not only are those 3 companies NOT the gold standard, they are the absolute worst companies that have delivered asics (cointerra is not so bad in my book actually)

Prospero X-3 consumes only 1,050 W for 2 TH/s. None of the proven legitimate companies - CoinTerra, HashFast and ButterFly - with track-record (both good and bad) has achieved this. So, Black Arrow must have hired super-engineers from space.

First off as the post before you states, a prospero will consume around 2000W for 2TH. And that is beside the fact that 1000W for 2TH is more than possible if asicminer can achieve 0.2W/GH on a 40nm chip where as BA is using 28nm.

Yes, from which company?

Asicminer. You might not have heard of them being so new to bitcoin. They (having invented bitcoin asics) are the real gold standard along with bitfury/KNC/bitmain.

BA is surely a gamble but its about time you stop grasping at straws in an attempt to prove its a scam. Its not like anyone is thinking about preordering an asic with bitcoin prices so low. Anyone thinking about buying from BA now would be better off waiting for them to have miners in hand.
ikevin8me (OP)

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:45:50 AM

My friends and I have order from Black Arrow since November. None of us are getting weekly updates from them. Further, one day after they announced the delay to May, we requested refund immediately. For me, they said "your request in the refund queue". For my other friends, all enquiries had been ignored.

Sure, I know HashFast was terribly behind schedule. A guy placed his order in August eventually received it in January. I placed mine in December and I got an email from HashFast last week Tuesday that it will delivered in March. So, I'm glad.

CoinTerra, same story. I placed my order in Dec. and looking at their updates, I thinK I'll get my machine in  April.

HashFast executive interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yj-mmnRWYc

CoinTerra's CEO was formally from big company. He is well know, can be verified and has a LinkedIn profile.

Alright, if Black Arrow turns out to be not a scam, I'll order from them. I will visit their factory to verify (after they deliver) and will probably resell for them. :-)

http://blog.ikevin.me #biz #tech #dev #socialmedia #mashup #bitcoin #cryptocurrency
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 09:51:46 AM

Yes.

So? I'm relatively new to crypto but an oldtimer at IT, which crypto falls under.

Ask lots of folks here: I've been working my ass off for the benefit of others without anything or much in return.

I've vetted for free and helped get started many of my own competitors but I guess that's still scammy behavior if you're a creepy shtalker troll without a life. You like reading thru all my old Reddit posts trying to dig up dirt? What no mention of my WW2 veteran grandpa who fought Nazis or how I tried to give away a great paying tech job to other surfers at a national lab in the middle of a recession?

Why not dig thru my surfermag posts as KauaiDKer while you're at it? Lots of surfers (including a few legends) know me there when I was trying to give away said job. Maybe you could pretend to be a cool surfer dood and infiltrate the tribe to get them to give up personal info.

Hmm, how apropro that I recently came across this article: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

How many boxes do you check off on this "personality quiz" PG?  Cheesy  Grin

Name:   DyslexicZombei
Activity:   224
Position:   Full Member
Date Registered:   July 25, 2013, 03:04:18 PM
Last Active:   February 26, 2014, 10:59:49 PM
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 09:41:58 AM

How about a complex scam to negatively impact Bitcoin? I'm starting to suspect that customers won't be seeing any hardware until BA can guarantee to it's handlers that the miners can't ROI.

I'm bearish on the mid-may shipping date. 
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:52:25 AM

It's passed mid-May and Black Arrow is no longer providing any shipping date. It looks like all the miners are going into their ASIC farm and all the BTC into their wallets.

These guys are committing fraud.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 10:00:10 PM

It's passed mid-May and Black Arrow is no longer providing any shipping date. It looks like all the miners are going into their ASIC farm and all the BTC into their wallets.

These guys are committing fraud.

And, my <300 posts mostly calling them, et al. out on their thread were allowed to be deleted because...?

You do realize that the Co-op and BA's three main resellers are in on it, don't you? Or did you, among others, not see that post prior it being deleted?

But, don't worry! All BA's customer's have been duly warned - time and time again - to not invest moneys they couldn't afford to lose, ergo be more careful next time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm in the process of nailing an active US exchange to the wall, along with the venerable Bitcoin-based team that surrounds it only a couple blocks away.

Hopefully, not too many fellow bitcoiners got too smoked up while attending that last conference, opting to join the dark side while not being in full capacity of their senses.

BTW, if Boussac seemed a tad shaken up prior to him given his talk at the conference, there probably was a good reason for it, thus anybody having funds in Bitcon-Central best get them out while the getting out is still good, for I have a feeling... Otherwise, you'll be making lemonade with that LEMON. Pierre knows exactly what I'm talking about, and should believe by now that it's to his, AND HIS CLOSE ALLIES' best interest to return my 1,132 BTC that's currently residing in one of davout's bitcoin wallets.

~Bruno "Ready to go Full Tilt" Kucinskas
GPK260

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:50:42 AM

I will post  this here as my posts seem to keep getting deleted over a ecoin etc:

I've been waiting for a crime number for the alledged data breach back at the start of August so i can give it to the UK police.

I was told on the 25th:

"The Chinese police are refusing to open a case because they want a list with a minimum amount of customers which is higher than we have. To open a case with the Hong Kong police somebody from management will need to physically go there, which they haven't been able to do yet. "

And today when i asked i was told :

"We have been to the Shenzhen police but they didn't want to continue as I said in my earlier post. We haven't had time yet to go to Hong Kong and go to the police there."

I'm starting to think there was no data breachand yet again i'm lead a merry Dance Sad

Why cant anyone be bothered in a month to report the crime to hong kong police?

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
BlackArrowVictim

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:38:26 PM

I've had several emails back and forth with the Hong Kong PD about Black Arrow and provided them with all my documents and details. Haven't heard from them since July though so have sent follow ups.

I'm pretty sure when I signed up here before I posted my story but it says I only have 1 post. Maybe it got deleted here.
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

I've had several emails back and forth with the Hong Kong PD about Black Arrow and provided them with all my documents and details. Haven't heard from them since July though so have sent follow ups.

I'm pretty sure when I signed up here before I posted my story but it says I only have 1 post. Maybe it got deleted here.
If you had a post deleted, you will have received a PM with a copy of said post. Check your PM

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
bitdik

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:20:06 PM

I also filed with the HK police, and the HK Consumer Counsel, so far have been in contact with HK CC only, not heard from police as of yet
bitdik

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:08:01 PM

This guy fits the bill of Alex Savu quite well:

https://www.facebook.com/alex.savu.9?fref=browse_search

goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 06:15:24 PM

This guy fits the bill of Alex Savu quite well:

https://www.facebook.com/alex.savu.9?fref=browse_search

This is him:
https://www.facebook.com/alex27a

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Bitcz@outlook.com

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:53:29 PM

does anyone have any updated details for the secret location in London ?
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:03:08 PM

does anyone have any updated details for the secret location in London ?

"Sorry, this page isn't available"

Looks like he's trying to save face.
jason miner

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:48:28 AM

He was already a massive ponzi scheme - why anyone would have expected any other outcome,  all this is beyond to me
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:03:21 AM

He was already a massive ponzi scheme - why anyone would have expected any other outcome,  all this is beyond to me

Unfortunately I didn't become a member of BCT until after I received the e-mail from BA stating they were delaying shipping for two months to "ensure that the product provides the best­-possible user experience".

I've since become a Sr. Member in the time (over a year) that I've waited for my order to ship or be refunded.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: