Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1427 times)
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:56:48 AM

Since they are unsold tokens which will be out of circulation, it does not affect in the short term but in the long term release of that supply has effect.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoloverlife

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:57:15 AM

the burning model here works more effectively in maintaining inflation of the particular tokens it is good move to maintain the price for the coins
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770
Merit: 11

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:57:46 AM

For me it depends, if you think based on the research the ICO's program is very good and has a future, burning tokens is very good because it lowers the supply of coins thus it can increase the demand of coins, alternatively it is possible to burned this tokens because the support of the community is very low because of its product it has thus even it will burned tokens there will be no effect on its price.

quarkchain.io
miyat23

Activity: 235
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:15:36 AM

I think it is, because burning the unsold token will lessen  its supply which leads to higher demand. More investor's demand will bring the token to higher value. It makes the token more expensive especially when the team of the project are active also in their platform makes it more valuable and profitable.
Supremacy2

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:22:30 AM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

Burning of unsold token help the project to gain more value in the market. If 40% of total supply of a project got burnt due to the unsold terms and condition, it will reduce the circulating supply and increase the value of each token. Law of Demand and Supply
Blackmoon84

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:24:31 AM

I think burning tokens is necessary to prevent abuse and fraud, we all know the purpose of token burned to tell the number of tokens that have been scattered and no residual, the law of supply and demand will work great in this way.yes of course that's good for the value of the coin market. where with a few yag coin suplay will make the coin price becomes more expensive. but now I see rarely do that, most of them make an airdrop, or dividend system for those who hold their coins.
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:25:36 AM

Burning part of its tokens and reducing the total issue of the company thereby increases the value of the remaining coins, it is very good for projects and even better for those who trade these coins in the market -burning is a reason for the price increase.
wulian18

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:33:48 AM

Everyone will understand that destroying tokens is a good thing, for the price of the currency. However, there are also projects because the amount of circulation in the previous period is too small, and the increase in circulation in the later period can also increase the price of the currency.
Dimanman113

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:44:33 AM

I think in the long term it's good, but in the short term it's not. Tokens when they get on the exchange in recent times falling in value! Maybe it has something to do with it!
dashi555

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:49:55 AM

Burning tokens is the quickest and most direct way to increase prices, but it can't last long. Because the growth of the project is the best embodiment of value. So in the long run, it is still determined by R&D.
Hanebel

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:54:43 AM

My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh".
Yes, it makes the supply lesser to enforce the demand higher.
I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Apply the law of supply and demand so if you think that doesn't help the project, it's your opinion and everyone has their own points too.
Thanks for your suggestions but tron burned 1BILLION tokens that doesn't help it's price to grow. Also the binance burns it's native token BNB that also doesn't show it's price growing.
TRX is a 65.7-billion token in terms of quantity. We can't expect its price to rise up to 1$ each at this early because it would make it next to bitcoin in terms of its marketcap, which is not so logical. How can you say BNB is not growing? Compared to their first released price on exchanges, TRX and BNB are way above, even at this moment when market is still considered down.
Torps1

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:56:35 AM

I think burning of unsold tokens will limit the total number of tokens in circulation, thus triggering demand for tokens and keeping supply low. That's a good strategy to drive price up. There may be the downside of burning unsold tokens too.
DesertOasis3

Activity: 144
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:57:47 AM

I think this really depends on the ICO and what their project will achieve if the unsold tokens can add value to the ecosystem by helping onboard affiliated businesses that will increase the overall value then yes it is true that unsold tokens will benefit most by being used in that way.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 06:01:08 AM

Yes, burning unsold tokens is one of the best decision an ICO project can take. The more tokens exist on the market, the less their price/value is and vice versa.

Burning unsold tokens is also a proof of respect for all investors, as their tokens will be (theoretically) much valuable.

This is one of the criteria I take into account when I decide to invest or not in an ICO.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
luyin46

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:01:26 AM

Being able to actively destroy unsold tokens is a very confident behavior and responsible. Make investors happy. Those who do not destroy are greedy and always want to get more investment through tokens.
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:06:08 AM

My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh".
Yes, it makes the supply lesser to enforce the demand higher.
I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Apply the law of supply and demand so if you think that doesn't help the project, it's your opinion and everyone has their own points too.
Thanks for your suggestions but tron burned 1BILLION tokens that doesn't help it's price to grow. Also the binance burns it's native token BNB that also doesn't show it's price growing. We can say these are already successful projects. I want to know more about NEW ICO projects. The above things applies to new projects too but the team of the project should be honest and no body shows honesty in cryptocurrency world's. As these unburned tokens can be dumped by the ICO project management too.

Dishonesty can make project worthless, any team do not want it to happen so if they promise to burn the token, they should send it to their burning address. I have no idea which new project who promise to burn unsold tokens but I think if they are true to what they are saying, they will honor their words.  Burning is better than creating more coins out of thin air Smiley
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 07:15:59 AM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
I think burning unsold tokens will help the project to prevent investor hesitation, most investors will doubt if the team allocates unsold tokens to community and project development funds because they usually already have allocations for it and they should no longer need additional funds if they calculate the allocations well,

Itsmylife

Activity: 1002
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:52:26 AM

if unsold tokens still exist, the investors would feel unsafe with their investment. The amount token remaining can be used to control their market, can make their project be destroyed .
vasil777

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:01:37 AM

I think burning unsold tokens is a normal procedure. If these tokens are not bought by anyone, then they need to be burned - everything is logical. This procedure is used by many well-known projects so I think burning the tokens needed!
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:09:21 PM

For a long-term project, this is not an acceptable marketing move.Let's say you bought a token for$ 1 in 2017.All tokens are sold out.And what is not sold-burned.Thus, the price of this token was increased.And someone wanted to buy a token in 2018.And its price is $ 100 and will never be less.Agree to such a platform will not live long.You need to consider this nuance for the creators of a really good product.

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████