Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:39:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is burning of unsold tokens is good for ICO????  (Read 1434 times)
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:32:29 AM

Getting ride of unsold token is good for price of market it will reduce amount of tokens in circulation meaning the token will become scarce and if demand increase price shoot up.
nianastasia62

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:35:27 AM

Think that Yes this is important ! As if the tokens were not sold all the best to burn them ! Less than the number the greater the price ! Demand creates supply !

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
1mile

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:46:35 AM

Burning unsold tokens after ICOs is good for price inflation of the tokens rather than holding unsold tokens by the team. It reduces the circulating supply and total supply also. It is the strategy of the developers to evaluate their tokens to the investors and markets as well.

True, I always feel uneasy whenever I hear unsold tokens wouldn't be burnt, can easily lead to manipulation.
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:47:14 AM

Yes, burning unsold tokens is always a good strategy of specific project & it benefits the ICO itself. By burning the ciculating supply of the token decreases & hence gradually increase the price of the token & demand. Many investors always are keen to know about the unsold tokens, if it is mentioned in the white paper that it will be burned it increases the trust of the project towards the investors.
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:50:49 AM

Burning tokens often helps only to rise the price in short term and, as for me, it's just some kind of price speculation.
Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:59:56 AM

It is better to burn the tokens after ico because the team can use them, thereby ensuring not the best price of the coin. Sometimes companies have a good team but a seo cheater and because of this a scam project happens. The team for the development of the project in the future and so provided for the tokens why they still have to give. And burning coins helps investors more and less influence the course for the better.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:00:46 AM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.

it seems that you do not understand that those tokens have no absolute value or even similar value to fiat, which stays relatively stable .
If they do burn the tokens, the token value becomes less because there are more of them, thats it.

If you make more tokens it does not means that they value is the same. lol

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
popox

Activity: 141

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:42:48 AM

There are two sides of this question. Firstly, it solves the problems of so big amount of tokens, but secondly they could be used in the more useful way.

clipto

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:20:55 PM

Yes it helps. Imagine if the total supply is 100 million tokens and you sold 50 million during the ICO for a price of 1 USD. The unsold tokens are burned, so the total supply is now 50 million tokens. If the market is green, and people are ready to invest in alts, the demand should grow, which will be followed by the price increase.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:05:54 PM

Hello friends, lot of ICOs failes to achieve 100% sale in their crowdsale. Most of the ICOs mentions in their terms and conditions that unsold tokens will be burned. My question is very simple " Is burning of token really helps ptoject?Huh". I am of the view that burning of the token doesn't help the project and I feel instead of burning unsold token it's better to use them for community and project development.
Burning of coins/tokens/cryptocurrencies does help in a way. Basically, burning cryptos will lessen the supply which in effect will increase the value of the remaining tokens. This is quite beneficial especially for investors.

You can check the link below for more info.

https://www.investinblockchain.com/why-burn-cryptocurrencies/

Robert de Crypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:34:33 PM

My answer is 50:50. Reduce the supply of coin or token it does not meter to increase the price automatically. so many factors defend on. Marketing, advantages, market sentiment etc. all them will be affected to the price itself.
Chom_

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:52:21 PM

I think it is very important, in addition to see how supply token, of course to prevent the developer fraud in market, as if the absence of combustion token not sold, developers have the rest of the token that can be sold in the market with arbitrary
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 01:57:06 PM

Of course it's good, burning unsold token means there's less token in circulation and that will make each token worth more than before. The downside is when there's great demand for the token or the token will be used by a lot of people then it will be hard to scale if they don't want to create new contract. If the team don't want to burn unsold token then I think it is a good decision to lock the token for several years so that It won't disrupt the price in near future.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Psec
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

Yes, burning unsold token is good for a project. First it increases the confidence of the project investors about the sincerity of the team thereby making some of them to hold the token for sometime. With burning, the market value of the token also tends to increase because its total supply has been reduced.
Boybugwal760820

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:11:37 PM

Yes I really think that burning of unsold token is good for that certain ICO because limited number of tokens will surely help improve the tokens market value when all of those tokens will be listed on exchange markets.
apyong

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:17:59 PM

yes it is good for an ico to burn some unsold tokens to reduce the token supply and to make the circulating supply reduced. to make the price higher the supply should be less so that the demand will be higher. basic economics is working in the crypto world.
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:22:12 PM

depending on ico's sales, if it's still far from softcap or hardcap, I think burning tokens that aren't sold is a good idea, because it can reduce the supply of tokens and maybe attract investors to invest again, because if they supply coins a little and can reach hardcap because some in burn, it can increase the price if the coin goes into the exchange.
RobotNIK

Activity: 280

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 02:26:15 PM

In general, if a project burns not sold tokens, then this is very good, because there is less risk that in the future the project itself will manipulate the price of this coin!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:12:16 PM

It depends what is the token supply and how much of it  you burn.
For example if you have large supply like $100 billion and burn 2 % it will not have a big impact.
In principle burning unsold tokens reduces the supply and and with increased demand it should cause the price of the tokens up. Burning tokens is a transparent and fair way of dealing with the unsold tokens.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 05:13:35 PM

Of course, this is very good, because the tokens will be destroyed, which in the end should have a very good effect on the quantity, which in the end should raise the prices of existing projects, I think it will be right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: