Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4088 times)
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:12:29 AM

you want something that can be considered cold storage while it is resilient. my favorite is encrypted private key etched on a piece of metal. which is basically an improved version of paper wallet. it is a cold storage (if you create it right, meaning offline on a clean computer). and it is encrypted so no one can just read it and use it. and also it is on a metal (you can use stainless steel which is easy to find and cheap, or Aluminum) so it is resilient to fire, water,...

stay away from web wallets like the suggestion the first reply above gave, that is the dumbest way of long term storage! not to mention that an account on coinbase doesn't give you your private keys so you don't own a wallet you only own an account!

right, if you want to save a large amount, I suggest not to use coinbase as your personal wallet, they do not provide a private key, and all you get is an account
but, the use of wallet, in my opinion is based on the amount of BTC you want to keep, if the amount is large, then the cold wallet is the right solution, but if the number is small, the wallet exchanger in my opinion is enough
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 04:22:45 AM

The answer to this question is only one: hardware wallet. You pay for it once but you sleep better every single day.

A good alternative to it could be a paper wallet, too, but ... it's paper, meh.

Do not hold your cryto in Exchanges because sooner or later they might be hacked. Hackers are everywhere in cryto world and not only, so take care.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
shushu9977

Activity: 1121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:28:07 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 01:42:00 PM by shushu9977

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

There are a lot of trustworthy and reputable wallets which can be used as Hardware, mobile and desktop such as-
# TREZOR Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Hardware)
# Coinbase Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Mobile-Web)
# Ledger Nano S Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Hardware)
# Exodus Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop)
# Electrum Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop-Mobile)
# Copay Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop-Mobile-Web)
# Blockchain Wallet-
Wallet Type-(Mobile-Web)
# GreenAddress Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Desktop-Mobile)
# Bread Wallet -
Wallet Type-(Mobile)
# KeepKey Wallet-
Wallet Type-(Hardware) etc.

Though all wallets are safe and secure for long term bitcoin holding,but I have been used Coinbase Wallet.

┏━━━━━━━━JOIN TELEGRAM GROUP ━━━━━━━━━┓
▓▓▓▓▓▓ T o o  l K i t z A I - Break the Barrier ▓▓▓▓▓▓
┗━━━━━━━━━━━ T R Y  D E M O ━━━━━━━━━━━┛
bitcoinminer45678

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:56:25 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

I prefer to using bitcoin client wallet such as bitcore, although you must download the whole blockchain database into your pc.
But it is actually very safe for long time hold because you are the only one who have the control of your wallet.
It is a very good wallet you are correct on that and it is one of the few wallets that you can trust completely, but at the same time the fact that you need to download the entire history of the blockchain into your PC is not something that every single person out there can do, only the most dedicated bitcoin holders can do something like that.

This is a new thing but I don't really understand how to do this because in my opinion it is very difficult to understand.
Although i have never used any hardware wallet but i think Hardware Wallet is the best wallet for long term bitcoin holding. You can use Ledger Nano S wallet for your bitcoin holding. Safety is important for long-term storage. It is safe because you cannot open the wallet without the physical hardware. You can easily use it. It has no bugs and problems. So you do not need to worry. If have to keeps it online you can use any of the relaible exchange for altcoin and for btc you can use blockchain.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:01:29 AM

any wallet can do ( whether its a hardware or online ) as long as you know that it is a legit one . risk of loosing your account will only depend on your handling , so we must be careful on what we are doing . always check every url that you visit when before you do important transactions with it .

Also , make sure that we install a good antivirus for extra protection since hackers are more smarter these days . they maybe infect us with key loggers and malwares thay can potentialy stole our coins .
longca

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:05:45 AM

has coinbase or blockchain are the great idea!
Panasony

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:19:28 AM

In the crypto market, there are a lot of wallets to store bitcoins, each of which has its own functions that cater to the needs of the individual. If you want to reserve a bitcoin for a long time, you can use the Wallet Wallet. This type of e-wallet is more advanced than the wallet of safety, a security step for hard purses that hackers also have to bend. Customer service is very good and there is support for many different kinds of coins.
Relmarrowny

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:53:35 AM

Experts in this field have advised using "hot wallet" for long-term storage Bitcoin. Or suggestions for storing cryptocurrency.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:01:05 PM

All kind of wallets are good. as long as you keep it safe, avoid the phishing websites, and keep your PC from viruses.
But for the more secure and long-term, I recommend you to use hardware wallet such as Trezor, Ledger nano, and more.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
BioHackerus

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 07:39:21 PM

absolutely hardware wallet...
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

for me the best way since 4years is now a paperwalle witch is safed in my safebox XD
Its totaly offline and not even my wife knows where it is stored !

regards
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:35:34 PM

All kinds of wallet are good provided you keep it safe. The best wallet for me personally is hardware wallet.
Om.monata

Activity: 936

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:08:17 PM

I myself still maintain mew as one of the best wallets to maintain long-term coins. but we can continue to use offline wallets like nano ledger to be able to use to save long-term.
kucritt

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:16:07 AM

i think you can use the hardware wallet because it working offline and sync online when you want to use it, so you can store it in your safe box to make sure your wallet is safe. it will be more saver than online wallet because in online wallet, it have possibility that will be hacked

Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:58:01 AM

i think you can use the hardware wallet because it working offline and sync online when you want to use it, so you can store it in your safe box to make sure your wallet is safe. it will be more saver than online wallet because in online wallet, it have possibility that will be hacked

Its true, its more safe using hardwallet to store our coin. Storing our coin in web wallet can be safe if we keep our private key safe and not visiting suspicious link on our email. Many email sent to our email with suspicious link and its better to carefull before click that link. Beside that, always looking on web secuity on our browser

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:13:07 AM

Many says that it is better to use Metamask and ledger wallet. But as of my experience, i am using Myetherwallet since i am starting joining bounty campaigns and i think it is safe only if you have your private key kept and i also think that no one should use their username and password the same with their wallet, it can be hacked accordingly to the ones who are experienced and also refrain from logging in on a phising sites.
Jonathan Battencout

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:25:57 AM

Coinbase is the best wallet on all sides. Coinbase is one of the easiest ways to buy, sell and own cryptocurrency. With Coinbase, you can connect to a bank account in the US and easily transfer money to or from your wallet. You can use these dollars, or convert the new ones, to buy and sell. In addition to Bitcoin, Coinbase also supports Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Litecoin. There are ongoing rumors about other currencies like ripple getting support from Coinbase. While the great benefit of Coinbase is its ease of use, that compensates for some security concerns. MT. Gox has at one time been the cornerstone of Bitcoin and other currencies. Until it was hacked and lost nearly half a billion dollars of users. But Coinbase drew lessons from the loss of Mt. Gox, and solid security in place and regularly updated, improving the overall experience of the user
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:16:13 PM

Currently, there are many ways to store Bitcoin permanently, you can use 3rd party applications, good support! But in my opinion, Wallet software should be released by the developer!
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

Good and best software wallet coinbase for the Bitcoin it's just of like me but hardware wallet not bad it's two wallet good and give our good safety.you can trying to use anything anymore.it depends what you want to him opportunity.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:26:41 PM

For longterm holding, everyone should have preferred hardware wallet like Ledger Nano or Trezor. But if your new and don't have funds to buy one, use paper wallets.

Quick info about paper wallets that most newbies not notice; you will need to download the website (right click save on the website, ctrl+s) boot on a safe computer (preferably live Ubuntu on usb, search for bootable usbs), and run the website there. So you are safe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: