Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:55:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding?  (Read 4086 times)
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:28:02 PM

I think that a wallet that can store bitcoin for a very long period of time is blockchain, there is a wallet that can store the bitcoin that you have as long as you want, not only that blockchain also has bitcoin technology so that the security of your bitcoin will be guaranteed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moblie_Legend

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:34:50 PM

Good and best software wallet coinbase for the Bitcoin it's just of like me but hardware wallet not bad it's two wallet good and give our good safety.you can trying to use anything anymore.it depends what you want to him opportunity.
there are many different types of crypto wallet services. there is an application-based cryptocurrency wallet service, offline services, and web-based services to choose from. when you read about all of that, you will be able to choose the right wallet service for your own personal needs.
Sultanar484
Copper Member

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:55:46 PM

Hardware wallet and paper wallet are the best wallet for holding Bitcoin as long term. In web, millions of people are using blockchain.info wallet which is more secure than any other online wallets.

kaventt5

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:02:57 PM

For a long-term holding I would recommend using a hardware wallet, especially for Bitcoin. Here are some examples on BitcoinWiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Hardware_wallet. If you're considering to use a web-based wallet, then choose it from trusted and reliable exchanges (like CEX (https://cex.io/) or Coinbase). These platforms should guarantee a cold storage, 2FA, data encryption etc.
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:08:03 PM

This is really a concern. I use hard wallet to store bitcoin. It is the safest purse for you, hard hackers can steal bitcoin in your wallet. If you want long term investment then this is the best option. In addition, if you want to make short-term transactions, you can still use the blockchain wallet and keep your wallet password.

SusanAnn

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:15:40 PM

Someone mentioned about paper wallet but I don't think it is safe for long term bitcoin holding. You can think about offline wallet.
Mandarava

Activity: 742
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:56:44 PM

The best wallets for keeping bitcoin are cold wallets. They allow you to achieve a very high level of security. Far higher than centralized services like https://www.blockchain.com/wallet
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:04:56 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

I prefer to using bitcoin client wallet such as bitcore, although you must download the whole blockchain database into your pc.
But it is actually very safe for long time hold because you are the only one who have the control of your wallet.
It is a very good wallet you are correct on that and it is one of the few wallets that you can trust completely, but at the same time the fact that you need to download the entire history of the blockchain into your PC is not something that every single person out there can do, only the most dedicated bitcoin holders can do something like that.
I think if you want to hold for the long term. then all you have to choose is a wallet that is completely safe and avoids all risks of theft. if you keep in an online wallet I'm afraid there will be many methods for theft. yeah I strongly recommend using a desktop wallet or hardware wallet
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:59:37 AM

What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
There are many kind of wallet that will help you to hold your bitcoin for long time and its your choice what wallet you want to use. If you really keep your bitcoin safe in your wallet you should put private key and password in a safe place. And you can either use online or offline wallet.
Hanakoasu
Copper Member

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:08:53 AM

Any wallet you will have access to its private key is cool. but holding for long is so dangerous bro.
April Ford

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:15:29 AM

I’d recommend a hardware wallet or cold storage, hardware wallet generally being the easier of the two for someone not experienced in holding cryptocurrency. I use the Nano Ledger S which is easy to use and high quality but there are good alternatives out there.
Other options are using a hosted wallet (leaving your crypto on the built in exchange wallet normally) or a software wallet. I’d avoid both if you have enough bitcoin to care about losing it.
Heidi Farrell

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:45:08 AM

I’d recommend making a paper wallet and just store in a safe place. Make backups and store in different places if you want. But I wouldn’t really stress about the wallet until you have a significant amount of money invested. Also you could do a test run by putting a small amount into the wallet just to make sure it works.
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:55:46 PM

The best wallet is a cold wallet. I studied this question well before buying bitcoin. And all investors have recommended me this type of wallets as the most reliable.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dondisimo

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:11:18 PM

I use the Trezor wallet, and not a bit sorry that chose him. I have been investing for about a year and I have never had any doubts about its safety. So I can safely recommend it to you.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:34:05 PM

I would always go for a hardware wallet such as Trezor or Nano. Never ever keep your Bitcoins etc on exchanges for longer than it takes to trade. Other suggestions such as paper wallets etc are good so long as you don't lose them. Just remember to be careful how and where you trade and store your coins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:45:17 PM

I can suggest you to use paper wallets and put your private keys/mnemonic phrases somewhere offline for safety

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Bugatti73

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:49:53 PM

Usually, i use Trezor, i think for that moment it's the safiest think. 
if you don't want tospend money, you can try blockchain.info.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:52:31 PM

i think blockchaim wallet is safe and also there are alot of wallet available.coinbase also good and if you want you can use tezor wallet Smiley

qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:16:33 PM

For the best security, you need cold storage. Cold storage on the blockchain world means devices that are disconnected from the Internet. This is the hardest possible security measure to protect the crypto investment from the interests of hackers.

Even if your wallet falls into the wrong hands, a cold storage solution offers advanced encryption to prevent even the most severe hacking. There are several cold storage solutions available on the market today. They are also referred to as hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S and Trezor.
tautelar

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:11:14 PM

For me, the best wallet is the AML BitCoin wallet. AML is the only crypto that cannot be hacked.
That sounds like a new wallet. I hope that you are not using a online wallet because that is a very dangerous method for storage.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: