Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need assistance  (Read 434 times)
dsf190 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:40:37 PM

Hi,
I've been searching google far and wide for a tutorial on how to create an altcoin.  Here's the story:
I've been talking with my computer science teacher about a project involving altcoins.  We would be in teams of 2-3 and we would create an altcoin each and then vote to see who has the best idea.  Then everyone would compete to see how much of the winning altcoin we could mine.  She liked this idea, but for the project to work I would have to provide her with a tutorial on how to make an altcoin that literally anyone could follow.  I've been searching google and I found a couple, but they are all out of date.  Github links no longer exist, there are compile errors all over the place.  So I was wondering if someone here would work together with me to write a tutorial.

Please don't flood this thread with "great, all we need is more shitcoins" and "no one do this we don't want more shitcoins".  None of these coins will be released on the internet and none of them will have websites either.  This is just a private, fun project I thought my class would like doing.

Any help is appreciated!
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:23:18 AM

Forget Smiley if you want to create your own Altcoin and you ask people how to do it? Smiley

Forget about it Wink Keep trading and have fun.
Nikola282828

Activity: 219
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:56:20 AM

Hi,
I've been searching google far and wide for a tutorial on how to create an altcoin.  Here's the story:
I've been talking with my computer science teacher about a project involving altcoins.  We would be in teams of 2-3 and we would create an altcoin each and then vote to see who has the best idea.  Then everyone would compete to see how much of the winning altcoin we could mine.  She liked this idea, but for the project to work I would have to provide her with a tutorial on how to make an altcoin that literally anyone could follow.  I've been searching google and I found a couple, but they are all out of date.  Github links no longer exist, there are compile errors all over the place.  So I was wondering if someone here would work together with me to write a tutorial.

Please don't flood this thread with "great, all we need is more shitcoins" and "no one do this we don't want more shitcoins".  None of these coins will be released on the internet and none of them will have websites either.  This is just a private, fun project I thought my class would like doing.

Any help is appreciated!

not quite an easy task to come up with altcoin, and to do so it was better than the rest, it's not just textbook you need, there is a need of enthusiasm which is not enough, and the brain in programming
Choosewise

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:00:48 AM

Hi,

Any help is appreciated!

not quite an easy task to come up with altcoin, and to do so it was better than the rest, it's not just textbook you need, there is a need of enthusiasm which is not enough, and the brain in programming
Lmao, why did you just revive a thread from 2014

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:37:31 AM

If your science teacher is smart

Or if you and your class are smart

there are online guides on this very subforum how to create your own cc

if you guys cant do that then just create an erc 20 token like the rest of the "for fun use" devs in the top 100

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: