Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:27:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your reaction to recent pump and then dump  (Read 807 times)
Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:05:19 PM

ETH did rally a bit in the start along with BTC price appreciation. But that didn't signal at all towards a bullish rally of ETH. ETH is finding it hard to gain volume nowadays. Altcoins might start their bullish rally if BTC crosses $9k which in one way will confirm BTC bullish phase and will confirm it for altcoins and hence, money will start flowing in altcoins as well giving them the much needed pump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RaspoBTC

Activity: 1274
Merit: 319

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:08:27 PM

This is getting frustrating. I thought that we are now going to the moon because BTC surpassed $7000 resistance level and we saw that most altcoins follow. I bought ETH for $513 then now it is getting dump where the current price is $470. in just 12 hours, i lost $43. What is your reaction and strategy when altcoin gets pump?
I would suggest, at first think about what your stategy is.
Shortterm, midterm, longterm.
After that you decide which coins you want to buy after you have made you own research.
And now, follow the chart and share your investments in times and different coins.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:09:44 PM

I don’t see this as pump and dump, the market is reacting to BTC therefore there is much buying and selling and the price swing. Try not to look at 24 hours gain and loss at this time and wait for a period for the price to stable.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 06:40:28 PM

We expect this kind of pump and dump, if the price keeps on increasing means then suddenly one dump would occur. This is normal in the crypto world. When we see the pump it is very happy to see. Because all are expect when the pump will coming. Now the price of bitcoin started to increase hope this pump will continue near future. Hereafter very low dump will not occur but we cannot predict the market.
Rano

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:02:37 PM

I just hope that Bitcoin keep going up and then altcoins will follow when BTC is stable again. Another drop of BTC would otherwise lead to a huge bloodbath for the altcoins.
Sure people say "time to buy more", but I'm almost at my limits and bought all the "dips" so far, but it keeps dropping.
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:22:42 PM

This is getting frustrating. I thought that we are now going to the moon because BTC surpassed $7000 resistance level and we saw that most altcoins follow. I bought ETH for $513 then now it is getting dump where the current price is $470. in just 12 hours, i lost $43. What is your reaction and strategy when altcoin gets pump?

That price drop is barely anything, what about the people that bought eth over 1k? They are still waiting for the price recover.  consider yourself lucky you didnt buy xrp at 3 dollars considering its only at 50 cents right now.
SokrieeE

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:28:40 PM

I stop to watch the price of my bitcoin\altcoins for awhile because i was lost at both scenario . i knew it was very weak reaction but what else to do either sale with low current price , watch the panic sale  or stay a away for awhile . i wish everything will return to normal soon where i bought 20 k .

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 08:32:39 PM

A 4-10 percent spike or dip in prices seem almost a normal thing in the crypto market.It would have been worse if it were some shitty coins.We still have a long way to go
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 08:34:54 PM

Situation is really frustrating.Btc dominance is increasing.Till its increasing,we can't see any pumps in alts.In this situation only those can survive who used money management earlier.In this situation I personally will take advantage of small of moves of alts by using tight stop-loss.
It is the normal trend generally, when there is a fresh flow of cash into the system, investors show more preference for btc ,then eventually the cash flows intothe altcoins after a while.
Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 09:21:32 PM

Hi there!
Yes it isnt nice that this happens alot, but it wasnt really a dump in my opinion. How i look at it? Big money flows in and out real fast. When btc pumps big holders are ready to sell, more people coming in because they dont want to miss the ride. Btc sellers, buy alts, same thing happens. The other that didnt want to miss the train get upset or are having the good old FUD and sell off there coins for less to again the big buyers. This is what i think, make up your own opinion!
Greetings! Cool

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:40:10 PM

When the level of bitcoin price will be fixed and when the majority of investors will believe in the bull market and the market will begin to grow evenly. While bitcoin takes money from other projects, significantly increasing its market share, so only him grows. You just need to wait.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
muid03

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:57:22 PM

i prefer to become investor so pump and dump not so affected to me...just invest in fundamental not pump and dump coin
hani1929

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 01:44:55 AM

thats normal bro, just hold your eth for sure you will earn a lot of profits when the time comes that ethereum will pump, for now its dumping because some investors are focusing on bitcoin beacuse  its on hype now.. as you can see all altcoins now in the market are in dump because some investors move their altcoins to buy some bitcoin. but when its gets to normal for sure ethereum will recover after the hype of bitcoins. altcoin will surely next to get pump.

gnarledoak

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:15:33 AM

Research certainly helps, but more so for new coins than those which are around for some time already. Because as soon as the masses begin speculating with a coin, and be honest that's the case with most if not all coins at the moment, more research doesn't give you the better edge anymore - the speculating masses don't follow research and objective facts, they follow social media.

I think basic market strategies may work, but because of the nature of the market (very fast, huge jumps in value) you have to be extremely quick.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:42:45 AM

We cannot push the value of bitcoin the way we want. Of course bitcoin value is so volatile, that's why it rapidly has a correction at any time. We cannot expect that this rise of bitcoin will continue to it's flow. Sometimes we need to be patience when bitcoin value makes correction either up or down.

Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:40:11 PM

Good day! If you haven't sold your ETH yet then don't consider it as a loss. ETH value will rise again so just hodl. You'll only loose if you sell it lower that the price you bought it.
mikejack

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:12:43 PM

Yes mate! That is really frustrating,i though that was the start of bull run.
But as you can see,and i notice that bitcoin is the only one that have a huge pump compare to other altcoins.
amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:36:42 PM

I never see a pump-and-dump scenario these days because i never check the cryptomarkets always. I am checking the cryptomarket now and what i can see is only a pure pump and a very little dump as bitcoin's price goes down too. Therefore, not checking the cryptomarket can also save you from getting stressed of how bitcoin been into pump-and-dump.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 08:49:38 PM

I think your strategy of buying eth right at the moment of its pumping stage is not good because what happens usually after pump is dump. It's not yet considered a loss for you not until you sell it below the price at which you bought.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 09:39:34 PM

It isnt a dump but rather just a normal price decrease because if we do talk or mention about dump then it do comes down for a deep percentage loss but well we do have different impressions about the price.
If you decide to make investment with crypto then you should brace yourself into the volatility and its always been part on this very speculative market because if price wont be volatile then no traders would be profitable.
I guess you wont make any complaint if you earn money out of your investment,right?.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████