Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:37:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your reaction to recent pump and then dump  (Read 809 times)
CryptoAssasin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:22:27 AM

This is getting frustrating. I thought that we are now going to the moon because BTC surpassed $7000 resistance level and we saw that most altcoins follow. I bought ETH for $513 then now it is getting dump where the current price is $470. in just 12 hours, i lost $43. What is your reaction and strategy when altcoin gets pump?

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:40:28 AM

I don't think is a pump and dump activity, the market cant keep going up for hours, it needs to retrace and find new support or resistance levels and build up for the next level. If you were expecting the price to keep going up and land at $1k, the retracement might be epic as well. Don't judge the market yet it is still trying to recover from the long bear run.
Tawong38

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:01:59 AM

It is quite frustrating if we encounter pump and dump especially if youre just starting dealing in trading in the market we dont know how to manage the market prices youre into.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:23:54 AM

You have mistake in your part so you got disappointed with your own assumption that it's the start of the "moon". Why you didn't bought when ETH was around $350+? you felt FOMOing yesterday and now you are complaining. This is not a pump and dump and you only missed the time of buying at good price. There's the recent pump and you expected that it won't stop, remember that when there's a sudden pump it will be followed by a sudden dump.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Crown1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:44:47 AM

I think you might have the wrong idea, when the currency is going up a lot, you should think about selling, not buying.
Because a big rise means a big drop, not a bull market.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:06:43 AM

This is getting frustrating. I thought that we are now going to the moon because BTC surpassed $7000 resistance level and we saw that most altcoins follow. I bought ETH for $513 then now it is getting dump where the current price is $470. in just 12 hours, i lost $43. What is your reaction and strategy when altcoin gets pump?
Unfortunately, whales stagger rate. "They're cutting hamsters." Buy on 10-20 you. bitcoins, but if they do it actively, the price will rise, so they make a dump.  I don't react to that, the price will be $ 20,000 or more when the whales release the prices. What do you care if you buy for $ 6,000 or $ 7,000?

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
CryptoAssasin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:14:55 AM

You have mistake in your part so you got disappointed with your own assumption that it's the start of the "moon". Why you didn't bought when ETH was around $350+? you felt FOMOing yesterday and now you are complaining. This is not a pump and dump and you only missed the time of buying at good price. There's the recent pump and you expected that it won't stop, remember that when there's a sudden pump it will be followed by a sudden dump.

That gave me a better understanding with my mistake. You are right, i fell on FOMO and the result is disappointment with my decision. I am not patient enough to wait for that dump for a better entry. I am actually waiting for a deeper price the other day but the result was different. A pump happened and missed the opportunity.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:48:01 AM

After breaking a resistant level, a little bit of retracement is normal. But understand that as an overall market condition, we are still in a down trend.
Mallyx

Activity: 1138
Merit: 574

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:50:45 AM

Don't think it's a pump & dump.
Your $43 just goes to an other owner Grin

If you want to make $$ by trading cryptos, you maybe should revisit your trading strategy.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 07:51:42 AM

keep hold, will surely rise. for the moment, I myself have not dared to make a purchase in crypto for any coins. because I'm sure the market will still crash for quite a long time.
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:04:49 AM

You should expect the price to dump if there's a sudden pump its quite normal, better to have a concrete plan regarding your investment because its a roller coaster ride and you cant expect the price to consistently pump always. Thus it would be better if you brace yourself for similar scenario so you wont be disappointed incase.

What is your reaction and strategy when altcoin gets pump?
Well I have a target price when to sell because my plan is to hodl for long term hence whatever the price we see currently doesnt affect my decision to wait for the right time when to take profit.

fukkkxdfs

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:03:16 PM

I am not  surprised with it. I am sure that every dip has its following increasing and we have not to panic in every similar situation. Have a patience.

╭═══════ ALFA \▼/ ENZO ═══════╮
│    $3M PRIVATE SALE COMPLETED    │
╰════ https://www.alfaenzo.io ════╯
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:04:47 PM

It's not really dumped yet, ETH went down a little but Bitcoin didn't drop too much, still much higher marketcap overall than before.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:08:36 PM

It will not rise straight there will be some falls I will be trading when the market needs some fall. Btc will breal probably $10.000 long way to go.

Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:21:19 PM

as much as people do not really like pump and dump, but for me pump and dump is very useful, because I have been doing day trading from it and get a good profit, so pump and dump is not always detrimental. it's just that you should take the opportunity right away

ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

the strategy of dump and pump is a very natural thing, it is a game of the whales, they do it to make the market more crowded with trading activities and for their personal profit. but as a bounty hunter I can only follow the fluctuations in market prices in the hope that when I sell the token the price is in the state at the pump

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:30:25 PM

You may call it dumped but some will consider it traders just take their profit. Sooner they will also buy back to accumulate coins, consider doing this too you'll never know you'll be lucky to at least increase the number of BTC you got. ETH is cheaper, you can buy some of it still but BTC, it going to be rarer as they said and more expensive too.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:33:46 PM

It's stupid to assume bitcoin would have x5 pump similar as last year.
Nevertheless, this weeks pump was a good one and many profited from it. The price of bitcoin too is increased and being stabilized above $7K.
xPotato_02

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:35:00 PM

It's not a pump and dump, that's just normal for a bullrun start
Octc76

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:35:45 PM

A trader will always read the chart situation, they will also update the information available to support his trading strategy.
they will prefer to hold if it is just a little pump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: