Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Week 8: Who is going to have their ass handed to them the most?
Phishead (go floam go)
Jwinterm (wownerobux)
Phishead's SO   (lady phish)
ChiBitCTy (ChiBitCTy)  
Hueristic (Hueristic's Team)  
ahncddp (Donkey Punch)
anonymousminer (TY 4 ur donation)  
spazzer (XxXSwagggXxX)    
lt8877 (Tecmo Bowlers)  
Hhampuz (Hhampuz)  

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero Fantasy Football League 2018  (Read 3395 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:27:14 AM

I like kickers.

No preference on dropping week 17.

Don't know what ppr is.

No preference on finals format.

If you ban me just remember I have all the monies.
phishead (OP)

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 01:07:49 AM

I like kickers.

Don't know what ppr is.

Lol you ain’t going anywhere big man... Wink

PPR is Points Per Reception. Honestly, I’m in the mind frame of “less is better”... so the less alterations we make to the league how it is set up is for the better. I suggest we keep PPR, keep kickers, and let’s change the playoff schedule to include 2 weeks for semi finals and final matches.

I’ll leave this proposition to a yay or neigh vote. I will post a poll soon.
anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:13:25 AM

Wasn't trying to come across like a d**k, it's just today's NFL has evolved to where PPR scoring is a must. 

Example: 
Player X - 11 catches 77 yards 1TD
Player Y - 1 catch 80 yards 1TD

With no PPR Player Y had a better day and that's just ridiculous!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:37:39 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 03:50:39 PM by Hueristic

I like kickers.

Don't know what ppr is.

ROTFLMFAO!!!

PPR is points per reception, it is what I argued against last year as all you do is get the big money stars and root for them to get targets (it makes them worth too much). it's why the running backs that catch get massive amounts of points and put up 40 points in a week and really make all the other players a moot point.

Wasn't trying to come across like a d**k, it's just today's NFL has evolved to where PPR scoring is a must.  

Example:  
Player X - 11 catches 77 yards 1TD
Player Y - 1 catch 80 yards 1TD

With no PPR Player Y had a better day and that's just ridiculous!

Player Y in your scenario ia an outlier (it does not happen often and cannot be counted on) and they are called "Boom or Bust" and are a gamble to play. They can just as easily put up ZErO points.

It is fun to play them as a streaming option if you think they are going to have a good week and your gonna get Rekt, It gives you something to root for.

Just Like Ju Ju last year.

Lol you ain’t going anywhere big man... Wink

PPR is Points Per Reception. Honestly, I’m in the mind frame of “less is better”... so the less alterations we make to the league how it is set up is for the better. I suggest we keep PPR, keep kickers, and let’s change the playoff schedule to include 2 weeks for semi finals and final matches.

I’ll leave this proposition to a yay or neigh vote. I will post a poll soon.

Can the poll be change to see what everyone voted so that we don't have people not involved voting. as ytou can see right now we have more. Lol I think it was the Zimbawee dollars that attracted them, those things are gold!

no, I still have the rotochamp reddit user account, I also still own the domain rotochamps.com, there is just nothing there now.  I mean that I used to be known in fantasy baseball circles as rotochamp1 at rotochamps.com .  After I shut down rotochamps.com another guy started up rotochamp.com and started publishing baseball projections. I just point it out so no one confuses us.

Cool beans, so your in the DR?

I used to go there alot (Puerto Plata) and had a fiance in San Tiago, I was going to retire there until I got injured and laid up.

It's still a dream but I doubt it will ever be feasible now. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

ahh shit forgot can't delete a dbl post for 24 hours.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ahncddp

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:41:52 PM

no, I still have the rotochamp reddit user account, I also still own the domain rotochamps.com, there is just nothing there now.  I mean that I used to be known in fantasy baseball circles as rotochamp1 at rotochamps.com .  After I shut down rotochamps.com another guy started up rotochamp.com and started publishing baseball projections. I just point it out so no one confuses us.

Cool beans, so your in the DR?

I used to go there alot (Puerto Plata) and had a fiance in San Tiago, I was going to retire there until I got injured and laid up.

It's still a dream but I doubt it will ever be feasible now. Smiley
[/quote]

No I am not in the DR.. The team name came from a fantasy league I was in where all the teams were required to use a locale in the name and people just kind of distributed them all over the world and my co-owner picked the name for the alliteration.

Unfortunately I have not yet had the chance to travel there, though I would love to.

I live under the scorching sun of the Phoenix valley.

Sorry to hear about the injury, they have a way of derailing the best laid plans that's for sure!

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:44:42 PM

Everyone who has paid and still hasn't gotten an email/link for joining, please send me a PM... sorry, I have forgotten who I've sent what to whom and don't really feel like figuring all that nonsense out.

ahncddp, hey so I'm not sure what username you messaged on reddit because I still didn't get one at all.  Mine is [floam412] minus the brackets.  Again, not trying to doubt you... just doing my due diligence now to avoid confusion about it in other future leagues. Thanks again.

Edit: We've got some people who have voted (only 3 so far including myself), so be sure to vote on the new poll so I can adjust accordingly... thanks Smiley

Edit #2: I looked in the settings for Yahoo and it doesn't look like I have the option to change the playoffs to include a 2 week championship/play off sort of system...  It only allows me to pick the weeks (Weeks 15 and 16, or Weeks 16 and 17) between 4 people; OR can do a 6 person play off in weeks 14, 15, 16; etc.

So in that regard, it looks like we are forced to have 1 week matches unless I'm missing some sort of way to be able to customize the settings to where I can choose what happens... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:11:22 AM

Everyone who has paid and still hasn't gotten an email/link for joining, please send me a PM... sorry, I have forgotten who I've sent what to whom and don't really feel like figuring all that nonsense out.

ahncddp, hey so I'm not sure what username you messaged on reddit because I still didn't get one at all.  Mine is [floam412] minus the brackets.  Again, not trying to doubt you... just doing my due diligence now to avoid confusion about it in other future leagues. Thanks again.

Edit: We've got some people who have voted (only 3 so far including myself), so be sure to vote on the new poll so I can adjust accordingly... thanks Smiley

Edit #2: I looked in the settings for Yahoo and it doesn't look like I have the option to change the playoffs to include a 2 week championship/play off sort of system...  It only allows me to pick the weeks (Weeks 15 and 16, or Weeks 16 and 17) between 4 people; OR can do a 6 person play off in weeks 14, 15, 16; etc.

So in that regard, it looks like we are forced to have 1 week matches unless I'm missing some sort of way to be able to customize the settings to where I can choose what happens... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One week is all good and it should be week 15 & 16. 
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:28:59 AM

I've got nine XMR in wallet now, but only five teams in Yahoo...draft is this Sunday right?
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 01:47:41 AM

I've got nine XMR in wallet now, but only five teams in Yahoo...draft is this Sunday right?

Yes unless the majority wants to change the draft date/time
ahncddp

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:04:15 AM

I paid, but have not received an invite to the yahoo league as of yet, but the proposed draft date and time is good for me.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:21:32 PM

I paid, but have not received an invite to the yahoo league as of yet, but the proposed draft date and time is good for me.

Ohyea, missed your tx id earlier, but I've got yours. Phishead should send you invite link.
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 02:03:58 PM

Ohyea, missed your tx id earlier, but I've got yours. Phishead should send you invite link.

I will when I get done with work today.. please PM me your email address... same goes for everyone who haven’t gotten a link to join.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 02:48:43 PM

Looks like you guys want the guy who gets 20 catches behind the line of scrimmage and gets zero yards for it gets 20 points.

That makes so much sense.

anonymousminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:46:07 PM

Looks like you guys want the guy who gets 20 catches behind the line of scrimmage and gets zero yards for it gets 20 points.

Only 0.5 per catch, so 10 pts  Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:39:27 PM

Ahhh yeah, it got changed, forgot that. That is not as bad. Smiley

(still stupid though)

dealersocket

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:02:29 PM

What the hak
phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 01:52:09 AM

Ahhh yeah, it got changed, forgot that. That is not as bad. Smiley

(still stupid though)

PPR reduces the amount of bias towards running backs due to a larger majority of possessions going towards running backs, plus the fact that the amount of attempted throws towards WRs usually are split 50/50 if there are two dominant WRs or even 1 dominant one and 3 "OK" WRs.... but the QB usually spreads around the love in regards to WR... that's why PPR is sort of a good idea.

As of right now it's 3 votes to 1... anyone else object towards doing PPR?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:24:35 AM

PPR reduces the amount of bias towards running backs due to a larger majority of possessions going towards running backs, plus the fact that the amount of attempted throws towards WRs usually are split 50/50 if there are two dominant WRs or even 1 dominant one and 3 "OK" WRs.... but the QB usually spreads around the love in regards to WR... that's why PPR is sort of a good idea.

It makes running backs that catch worth more than any other player and there are not enough of them that are not on committees to feed an entire 10 team league so the first few players that pick are at a big advantage but anyway I'm not going to argue about it all day.

I'll just hope I get an early pick. Smiley

phishead (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 02:35:19 AM

It makes running backs that catch worth more than any other player and there are not enough of them that are not on committees to feed an entire 10 team league so the first few players that pick are at a big advantage but anyway I'm not going to argue about it all day.

I'll just hope I get an early pick. Smiley

I totally get your point... It's all wrapped up in a debate I'm not prepared or capable to argue because I don't necessarily understand the statistics of it all.  I just feel like PPR is popular due to a specific reason and why it is a default value... it might be skewed a little towards certain people, but so is not having PPR... and so is all the other ways.  You could argue against any certain type of scoring given data trends.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: