Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of magic is this?  (Read 1211 times)
annicketucufaw (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:39:36 AM

I've been monitoring the market for a couple of months now. Most of the coin value rely on the price of Bitcoin. If the BTC price goes up, every altcoins will follow and if it will goes down, the price of every altcoins will goes down as well. But the question is, Bitcoin price/value is still going up but the price/value of every altcoins especially Ethereum goes down. How did this happen? Any logical or scientific basis to explain this. As of now, I am still confuse.  Huh

Eth address: 0x84da215D0558B308f9804a8b535e43b2f4f8056f
Ronin: ronin:8a9982982d41a808ab5fb7a23139a4164e0cb945

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trangvui150520@gmail.com

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:46:19 AM

That could be due to the aftermath of the World Cup. Betsmen will find ways to launder money. And Bitcoin is a means for them to do that
alian17

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 03:02:19 AM

I think the price of bitcoin has been operated. Especially after the world cup. Large capital flows back to bitcoin directly raise prices. It's a problem. Why ETH doesn't follow bitcoin. I think the main funds are concentrated in bitcoin. No doubt. It is possible for money to eat ETH at low prices.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
brenzosa

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

GPTCash Weekly Airdrop: https://discord.gg/YHngU9x

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:07:47 AM

That could be due to the aftermath of the World Cup. Betsmen will find ways to launder money. And Bitcoin is a means for them to do that

good analysis.  i think there are far more betting sites that are based on bitcoin and i can't recall betting sites based on ethereum.  regarding ethereum, i think eos has been dumping their collected eth from ico on the market.  have they finished dumping or not?
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:10:56 AM

I've been monitoring the market for a couple of months now. Most of the coin value rely on the price of Bitcoin. If the BTC price goes up, every altcoins will follow and if it will goes down, the price of every altcoins will goes down as well. But the question is, Bitcoin price/value is still going up but the price/value of every altcoins especially Ethereum goes down. How did this happen? Any logical or scientific basis to explain this. As of now, I am still confuse.  Huh
Most of the capital is concentrated on Bitcoin and investors are investing more in Bitcoin than Altcoins. The market is currently in turmoil as altcoins have been falling for several days and there are no signs of stopping. Particularly, Bitcoin retains its value at $ 7,300- $ 7,500 and this makes more people believe in the future of Cryptocurrency.
linkHA

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:14:24 AM

That means the overall market is undercapitalized.
Because the ETF  and good regulatory news in various countries are a short-term factor for bitcoin to rise, while other altcoin is in a downward trend, it needs to be cautious at this time.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:14:51 AM

patient. rising bitcoin prices also just happened. remain calm and continue to monitor price growth in the market. I believe in the future that altcoin will follow the growth of bitcoin prices.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:17:32 AM

Yes we saw it, when the price of bitcoin are going down most of all altcoins are also down,  it seems like it depends on the price of bitcoin. But there is no magic about it, the market is in the dip we needs more time to wait just be patience.

beleyeleazar

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:18:01 AM

I am not sure if it is technically possible to really manipulate the market of crypto, especially considering how massive the market of Bitcoin is. However, that could be a logical explanation.
AliciaDease

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:22:23 AM

I see that the price of most crypto depends on the price of ETH, so the magic here is that we can not predict of the price of anything
WHTP

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:23:55 AM

Ethereum is not really tied to Bitcoin as much as other alts. And sometimes people sell their alts in mass to buy and hold Bitcoin.
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:28:15 AM

People in crypto are shifting from alts to btc in apprehension of a pump on ETF.

It has happened in the past too, but alts usually catch up later.
kujaroth

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:31:55 AM

It's possible that it is only a coincidence that when BTC goes up ALT Coins also go up. Crypto-trading is unpredictable. It could be that it's just the trend for now but who knows what will even happen in the future.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:42:39 AM

That's what finance literature calls Systematic risk. Also known as "market risk" or "un-diversifiable risk", is the uncertainty inherent to the entire market or entire market segment.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:44:28 AM

The only explanation here is that the focus of the investor is in BTC and the reason why most altcoin prices drop right now despite BTC is going up is because it is now being converted to BTC. I think the market is readying to a bull run and we should be ready for it. If you are a hodler of these altcoins you should not worry as the prices of these altcoin are now compelling to investors.
acetouryahey

Activity: 213
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:49:34 AM

I think its normal that btc is up and ethereum is down. But mostly if btc is up other altcoins also up and it doesnt mean that all altcoins depends on the up/down of btc.
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:50:09 AM

Because a couple of months observation is not enough. What you observed is somewhat true due to the fact that bitcoin is the most popular and it is also like the representative in crypto. What people think about bitcoin relates with altcoins. What you believe magic is when what you think happens all the time. You can try using indicators and be updated on different news as both drive coin prices.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Walexizi

Activity: 200

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:59:48 AM

The increments in the coin when the bitcoin rise is because, bitcoin is the backbone of most coin and why the increments doesn't affect ethereum is because both bitcoin and ethereum are not on thesame blockchain.
sweetwine

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:03:12 AM

I think altcoins will soon follow bitcoin.
Bitcoin just changed too fast that altcoins did not have time to behave accordingly.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:09:20 AM

But the question is, Bitcoin price/value is still going up but the price/value of every altcoins especially Ethereum goes down. How did this happen?

because this has always been like this!
when bitcoin goes down => altcoins go down also
when bitcoin rises up => altcoins go down instead

reason? i believe it is mainly because the money always goes back to bitcoin which is the only coin that everyone really cares about and believes in when it comes to real investments.

and there is a couple of exceptions to the above rule:
when bitcoin is stable => altcoins get pumped
reason? because during bitcoin stability traders can not make the same profit from it so they go to pump altcoins and make profit

when an altcoin is already on a pumping spree => that altcoin pumps
reason? because you can't stop a pump from happening. when the rocket is launched there is no stopping it until the pump reaches its peak of the bubble and then there is no stopping the bubble burst and the dump.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: