Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:01:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are stable coins?  (Read 18246 times)
paparexon0414 (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

What are stable coins and why do we need them?
This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

To know more and read the detailed article. Pls chck this link.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:50:30 AM

Decentralized crypto currency can not be stable in nature. They have no controls, no one is supported in the price and is not provided with anything, and their price is formed only on the basis of the ratio of supply and demand, and they are never permanent. Among the crypto currency, only Tether is stable, since it is in fact a digital counterpart of the dollar.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 06:02:07 AM

Stable coin is a good and healthy concept for the investors and exchanges must have it to guarantee a flawless trading experience. USDT is the most used stable coin but not the most trustable one for sure. IBM's idea is good and many will support and use its coin, who don't trust such a big company?

robertcross07

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:41:07 PM

I think any stable coin is designed for keeping its price fixed and thus it can help the mass adoption of currencies. Yes fiat is stable but with having some limited features.
sushimittee

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:43:00 PM

USDT is a stable coin.. But when do you use USDT coin? You use it only to convert your other coins temporarily, but no one holds USDT..

The number of people not holding USDT just indicates that market doesnt needs a stable coin - not right now atleast
TupMan007

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:21:34 AM

Actually Crypto market is fully unpredictable market based on this most of the coins vary their price because of demand and supply also when the demand is high or low the price fluctuate so it is really tough to find the stable coins but in market we need this types of coins.
danyakotletkin2018

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:50:42 AM

How the crypto currency can be stable, if it is not backed up, I do not understand.
makenoise

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:59:39 AM

Because crypto market's development is unstable, how can we find a stable coin ?
SladderyNewS

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:37:42 AM

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum etc. have high volatilty which makes it inconvenient for us to use cryptocurrencyto fulfill our daily needs. Stable coins are just global coins which are not tied to any central bank, and it reduces the volatility thus we can use cryptocurrency in a more convenient way. That's why stable coins are needed in cryptocurrency.
jackky

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:43:40 AM

Because crypto market's development is unstable, how can we find a stable coin ?
I agree. The cryptocurrency market is never stable if the government does not control the price of the market. There are still so many whales in the world that are manipulating the price of the cryptocurrency market every day
overst

Activity: 226

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:03:13 AM

From my point of view it a very important thing. To know about stable coin is very important. I think stable coin is used immune the manipulate trading. Its price is fixed. Because of this reason it helps to bring about the bunch adoption of cryptocurrency. Recently IBM deal can portrait many thing.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:07:45 AM

I agree. The cryptocurrency market is never stable if the government does not control the price of the market. There are still so many whales in the world that are manipulating the price of the cryptocurrency market every day

i think you are right, but i also think that this is not a good thing if we want that people start to use btc as currency.
jrd2828

Activity: 79

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

i think you are right, but i also think that this is not a good thing if we want that people start to use btc as currency.

In my own experience since I joined in cryptocurrency world. There is no coin in the market that is stable, all are unpredictable or unstable in nature. That's why others find it hard to deal with crypto because of its unstable condion.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:14:04 AM

Non decentralized coins though stable but it is also its weakness since if the center of its administration have encountered a huge problem then the whole system will be affected. It is also not true that it will not be prone to manipulation, it may be true to the value but the manipulation of supply or corruption by the management is prevalent.
Ducpham1991

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:16:02 AM

Very simple, like USD in real life. Stable coin is an intermediate currency, and there is a very small price change
jdamayo28

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

Very simple, like USD in real life. Stable coin is an intermediate currency, and there is a very small price change

I think there is no such word stable in cryptocurrency world. Everything her is unstable, you have to make sure that you have knowledge enough to the coin you are going to invest.
Giftedcrypt

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:23:01 AM

Stable coins,are most tradable coins,minable, a utility coin, i say this because, coins on daily basis are been removed from the coin market cap,as a result of the coin not been patronized,used or tradable,..
CubeETHER

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:26:21 AM

Stable coins are needed in this market but it is really difficult to bring any stable coin in this market. We know that the market of crypto currency is very volatile and to have any stable coin is quite impossible here.
uramadahan

Activity: 65

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:26:30 AM

Agreed, but what would you suggest to prevent whales manipulations other than that?
Falmera

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:31:17 AM

What are stable coins and why do we need them?
This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

To know more and read the detailed article. Pls chck this link.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp

Stable coins are most likely to be trade. So, we can always rely on them since their price is fix. These nonstable coins, you can expect how much your profit will be. Unlike the nonstable coins that you cannot compute your exact profit.

ORVIUM            Open and Transparent Science
『 https://orvium.io/ 』   Powered By Blockchain
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: