Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are stable coins?  (Read 18242 times)
timberfox

Activity: 162
Merit: 11

^_^10 years BCT^_^

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:54:09 PM

These are the coins that are not subject to growth and fall.
These coins serve only as a bargaining chip,  nothing more.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:35:09 AM

What are stable coins and why do we need them?
This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

To know more and read the detailed article. Pls chck this link.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp

I agree that stable coins are heavily helping crypto as it shows that the crypto currencies are only the tool that can represent anything, it's not only bitcoin. I support stable coins for sure

I also do that to support stable coins.
I know stable coins would having a big helps to crypto.
Represent anything, such as crypto collateralized.
But it will be very difficult to be stable because there are still a lot of big whales still able to manipulate the price in the market. We can only support it but the big whales will keep manipulating the price in the market and we can’t do anything when the big whales do it.
Ripple is the most stable Altcoin than any other Altcoin. In addition with the increasing development of owned Ripple can afford to continue to make the Ripple as main coins are highly profitable and making it a prosperous coins.

tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 06:00:44 AM

The crytocurrency needs a stable coin. For example, like the tether coin. When the market is experiencing some bad downtrend, many users are trading their tokens in exchange for a tether coin or a stable coin to keep its balance stable. In order to avoid doing loss due to market down price.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Kemileye

Activity: 573

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

Stable cryptocurrencies are coins with less variable token price. A good example of stable coin is Tether, since the beginning of 2018, tether has been on $1 and sometimes low of $0.98. The value of the token is same since its emergence in the crypto market. Another example of stable coin is TrueUSD.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
coinanna

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:53:25 AM

Hey, anyone attending Stable Conf 2018 London? https://stableconf.com/
coloredcoin

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:57:16 PM

There are more and more stable cryptocurrencies.

Fiat backed Crypto USD:
Tether,TrueUsd,Paxos USD,geminiUSD,

collateralised:
Maker DAI.

I prefer Tether and TrueUSD.
organelles

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:53:45 PM

This is one topic that catch my attentions. I have this article about stable coins and they are attracting big league investors. Will quote some part of the article.
"stable coins are designed to keep their price fixed, making them immune to manipulation trading. It could be argued that price stability will help to bring about the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies, as they are seeming more reliable and, therefore, attractive to major financial players. The recent IBM deal — along with other investments mentioned in this article — partly confirm that assumption."

Three types of stable coins can be outlined, depending on the type of collateralization they entail.

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

https://cointelegraph.com/news/island-of-stability-stable-coins-keep-attracting-big-league-investors/amp

This is an enlightening article, although I do not think that this is the time for stable coins, nowadays people are just using the coins as a means of investment. no one is using them for buying and selling so until people are ready to start using cryptos as a means of currency then there is no way that we will be using stable coins.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:53:35 PM

Stable coins are getting quite popular these days. Binance recently announced they are going to be listing another stable coin called Paxos which is pegged to the US dollar:

https://coincodex.com/article/2416/binance-announces-paxos-standard-pax-trading-pair/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
cc80aa

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:08:38 PM

v
  It is very hard to find a stable coins like this situation that bitcoin market is fall back price.but you can try neo
Mypanara19

Activity: 826

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 02:43:05 PM

Everyone or most people involved in crypto world I think are quite aware already that crypyocurrency will never be stable as the law of demand and supply dictates the value of every altcoins. Crypto world needs a stable coin as well to avoid huge loss as the market goes down.
odranoel

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

In my opinion , stable coins are those campaign who gives token and distributed to their respective bounty hunters. Because as time goes by, there are lots of coins here in the market and you cannot assure that its the best coin.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
ethalliance

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:49:54 PM

Until quite recently, members of the crypto-currency community were even amused by the idea of a stable digital currency tied to the fiat. However, now the situation has changed, and today the so-called "stubble-eaters" are increasingly found in the lists of leading crypto-exchange exchanges.
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:24:31 PM

1. Fiat-collateralized
2. Non-collateralized
3. Crypto-collateralized

I don't think there is a coin that is truly stable, cryptocurrency is essentially the case, because uneven ownership, fluctuations, volatility, price manipulation and things like that are crypto privileges, even bitcoin itself is unstable.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Badboy[BTC]

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:31:54 PM

In the cryptocurrency market there are no stable coins, all assets are very unpredictable and their price constantly fluctuates in different directions. Today she can make you rich and tomorrow she can make you poor like you've never been. Invest in the right assets
herminio

Activity: 461

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:53:32 PM

Aside from tether( USDT) I dont think if there is a stable coin in crypto because even those coins that has big volume in coinmarketcap has experienced also huge decreased in its price, crypto can easily be manipulated by big investors.

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread      Oceanpaper      Twitter      Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:40:50 PM

Hey, anyone attending Stable Conf 2018 London? https://stableconf.com/

I am. Although the content has changed a lot lately. It's more an insider event now.
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:48:06 PM

Crypto-colletaralized has been stable in the cryptocurrency market, tether is a good example of this. The ultimate goal should be that we have a coin that will become stable and dependable having mature beyond cryptocurrency market volatility.

a d i m u l

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:22:10 AM

because of the trust about crypto by investors who are doing business development with good methods so that the coin is stable and the demand for altcoins is high in its users.
Bytem3

Merit: 107

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 07:03:35 AM

Here's a pretty useful list of all stablecoins with comparison chart:
https://coincodex.com/stablecoins/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 07:44:26 AM

USDT is a stable coin.. But when do you use USDT coin? You use it only to convert your other coins temporarily, but no one holds USDT..

The number of people not holding USDT just indicates that market doesnt needs a stable coin - not right now atleast
true, if all coins are stable then we will find it difficult to search for trade too, it looks like coin stabilization will be difficult to develop and may be more suitable to convert
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: