Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2233 times)
Brahuhu

Activity: 283
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:36:02 PM

for me they dont want to kill it hence they want to regulate it while they prohibit it for a while because need to study on how they will do that, bitcoin has a good help in financial transaction  government need to look to it.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red Fire

Activity: 189
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:36:12 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.

For me government want to kill bitcoin because they know that there is a possibility that bitcoin can make our bank disappear in the future. Actually there is a humor about that bitcoin can be our currency in the future.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:40:55 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.

Thank You.
The governments ban bitcoin because they cannot control it as it is anonymous. And bitcoin is a favourite currency of hackers and crimes.
Bitcoin and crypto currency affect on the economic because it can replace real money.
coin_maker

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:53:53 PM

You are not wrong. As the transaction procedure in cryptocurrency market is anonymous, many illegal activities occur easily here. As cryptocurrency is decentralized and it cannot be control, so many government has already banned it.
Halk

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:56:45 PM

The government wants to kill bitcoyne because it is very risky for the country's security and all illegal transactions and because they can not control bitcoyne, we know that the government can not get tax in bitcoins. They think that bitcoin is a threat it is not, bitkoyn thrives, although there is still some government that prohibits it, and there are governments that are changing their minds in order to accept crypto currency again, the government still needs time to develop possible technologies to control the use of creeps.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:02:45 PM

Thank You.

Probably because the government see bitcoins as a threat to a country's economy. Bitcoins may destabilize the market for fiat money and forex because people are switching over to the riskier and more profitable one. The government will definitely have a hard time killing bitcoins if they don't know how to.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

The major reason any government will want to ban/regulate Bitcoin is Control.
Criminals and terrorist have long been in existence before the development of Bitcoin and bitcoin transactions are not even anonymous as widely believed, so for me it is a lie that bitcoin aid criminals.
There will always be criminals with or without Bitcoin.
I think its not mainly on having crimes and terrorists involving bitcoin but because bitcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency running on blockchain technology, so i guess the government wants to kill it because they can't control it and sees bitcoin as a threat to financial system they built. Bitcoin wants to give the control to people taking away the centralization of the government.
Andrew Clinton

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:34:42 PM

Governments do so to take control of the market and benefit themselves. And bitcoin they can not do that so they try to stop it!
zalizoll

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:38:47 PM

bitcoin is the hacker's favorite currency and crime.
Bitcoin and crypto currencies have an impact on the economy because they can replace real money. The government bans bitcoin because they cannot control it because it is anonymous.
pritibitisi

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:42:37 PM

Thank You.

obviously one of the main reason why some government does not support bitcoin or cryptocurrency because they cannot charge tax to users.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:52:05 PM

Thank You.

obviously one of the main reason why some government does not support bitcoin or cryptocurrency because they cannot charge tax to users.
Yes I agree on that. Maybe that was also a reason  on why some government wanted to kill bitcoin. Maybe they wanted bitcoin to become regulated and taxable. I believe that if bitcoin will become taxable many government would support it and it will become maybe the center of their sight. The thing that there is a big money behind it, maube government would become more interested on it.
kittyfefefe9277

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:54:11 PM

i am thinking about it. Smiley
jemerson1420

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:54:49 PM

because the worker in goverment are tarns in biwtcoin because the worker of goverment think s that bitcoin is easy to get money than the goverments job now the goverment are realy least count of his workers.
artichandra

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:56:13 PM

How come you think they want to kill Bitcoin ? They just didn't want to use or support it.
I think they banned bitcoin because mechanism from Bitcoin against their rule, like anonymously transaction. That's why they didn't want their people to use Bitcoin.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:02:27 PM

Thank You.
Bitcoin will never die,and governments are not here to kill this cryptocurrency but to govern,countries all over the world are divided in this stand some banned the usage of bitcoin while others banned the mining but the main objective. Is to put policies and the most important thinis how to apply taxation on this community so government may have piece a cake
Sandracrypto

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:18:23 PM

Thank You.
Terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion have been in existence since the beginning of time. I don't think these are the reasons why some governments want to kill bitcoin. I believe its the idea of decentralization that they don't buy. 

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:20:56 PM

As long as I know, the government wants to control the bitcoin but can not, so they want to kill it, spread bad news about bitcoin, banned bitcoin in circulation, etc. But they still can't kill bitcoin.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:23:35 PM

Not only the government want to kill bitcoin but also other banking and financial institutions because they can't control it and it owns nobody and can't be taken to anybody it is owned by the people globally not just by a certain countries, region or a group of individuals it is decentralized and it is hard to take down they can't tax it because it is a cryptocurrency which is different from fiat currency. It is hard to catch bitcoin is there are certain location stopped bitcoin transactions another areas will do the rest that's why government hate it and they can't beat it.
richkid3001

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:25:28 PM

If bitcoin is dangerous then so is money.
Money has done more harm to the world. Money has funded wars, allowed people to purchase guns drugs  etc. Yes bitcoin is anonymous.
But it's almost the same as saying guns kill people not the actual person pulling the trigger.
There will always be people who abuse something and use it for evil.
isidrorex

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 04:25:58 PM

I believe that some governments in certain countries are afraid in the rise of Cryptocurrency especially Bitcoin because they know they can't control Cryto currency unlike what they are doing in Fiat currency. Aside from the governments, I suppose other banks who have no interest in adapting cryptocurrency are also afraid that Bitcoin will take over and become a big impact in the society and economy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: