Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2233 times)
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:26:53 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.
you just answer your own question and yes, you're right. Bitcoin can be used to number of numerous crimes because of its anonymity But i think even if the governments want to destroy Bitcoin they don't have the way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:27:03 PM

What you say isn't wrong and that's true very much in line with what's written in electronic media and newspapers. But in my opinion, such treatment isn't fair because many facts in the field which shows in fact the money are more widely used for various kinds of illegal acts.
Ethan Argu

Activity: 340
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:41:35 PM

Goverment can't control bitcoin because it is decentralized    one of the reason so they want to end or they did'nt accept bitcoin because they cant help goverment fot having a tax so they want to stop bitcoin because it cant help to thier country for example if they want to put tax in thier any transaction but did can't do because bitcoin is decentralized no one can control.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
mr_enoc

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 10:58:40 PM

In my opinion,  they doesn't want to kill it but they wanted to do some rules about bitcoin in their country, the government really wanted to take some control in this digital currency, thats it!

Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 11:32:51 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.

Thank You.
I think you already know the reason and you just said it in your post. The anonymity of bitcoin user is what i believe the reason why many countries want to ban it. It could be use in cyber crimes like buying illegal weapons online, money laundering and etc. It is also decentralized meaning the government don't have a control over it.

tanyeza123

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:30:09 AM

Thank You.
That is the thing that everybody believes is clear and the way that the legislature is defended on the grounds that it is extremely unsafe for the security of the nation and every single unlawful exchange, yet I trust it's anything but a deterrent for crypto to develop well later on, as Now Bitcoin flourishes in spite of the fact that there are still a few nations that boycott it , and there are a few governments altering their opinions to embrace cryptographic money once more, the administration still needs time to create conceivable advancements to control crypto abuse.

digital currency will be incredible for the future, I trust that and everybody trusts it, we should sit tight for Bitcoin to roll out a major improvement for what's to come.
skibikipapa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:33:55 AM

The government hates and wants to eliminate bitcoin because it is a big threat to them. The government naturally wants to have control on almost everything and bitcoin is so hard to control because it is decentralized. Bitcoin being hard to monitor because it is decentralized the government can't make money out of every transactions being made with bitcoin.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:40:12 AM

For my own opinion regarding this matter, the reason behind why the government want to kill the Bitcoin crypto currency is because they want to control over it but they cannot since this crypto currency is a decentralized one, and not only that because its users are all anonynous and the government cannot trace all its users.
logangbit

Activity: 504
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:31:49 AM

The government wants to kill bitcoin because for the bitcoin government  is facing some critical problem.Usually people earn and pay a fixed amount of tax and that amount depends on someones  earning.But when someone use bitcoin for their payment or use bitcoin like a currency then govermemt cannot know the earning of this person and moreover of bitcoin users do not pay the tax to goverment.so it became a headache of  the government and for that government is facing financial fewness.That why government wanted to kill bitcoin.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:39:10 AM

Thank You.
it may be true your opinion about the bitcoin ban by the country I think good bad bitcoin it is from the intentions and goals of its investors themselves, hopefully the country has a solution that does not prohibit bitcoin to be accessed
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 11:48:46 AM

personally, the government want to kill Bitcoin because they want to control Bitcoin like other currency  but Bitcoin is called digital currency, so they can not control it
Many government hates bitcoin because of its decentralised nature. Because of this decentralised nature no government can control it. Because if this decentralised nature their country economy also affects. Their is no central authority which regulate its production and distribution and this thing affects bitcoin price in share market and which ultimately affects an country economy. It also affect an country's national currency value at international market. Bitcoin is also associated with many criminal activities activities because of these reasons many government ban it in their respective countries.
Horraygram

Activity: 283

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:02:51 PM

As whole world become more digital day by day.People are dependent in crypto market mainly bitcoin. That's why government wants to control the bitcoin. As bitcoin is a blockchain based project and follows decentralized system they can't control it. i think that's the reason why government wants to kill bitcoin.
Cryptotissue

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:09:58 PM

Thank You.
I don't think terrorist financing, money laundering and illegal weapons purchase are the reason why some governments are against or want to kill bitcoin but the idea of decentralization and bitcoin not having any central authority controlling it are the main reasons.  
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:30:56 PM

Thank You.
Well for me because bitcoino is a big threat for them , we know that people choose to invest in bitcoin rather than banks. And bitcoin is used in different crimes in other way they just want to protect their people

Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Its a general tendency that we don't like what we don't understand or want to understand. Bitcoin/crypto is totally decentralised, so they can't be controlled by any Govt, so they don't like it. As far as terrorist funding, illegal weapons purchase are concerned, all these things are being done with fiat easily even now. Some countries don't like crypto because they think its going to disrupt their economy and will bring financial crisis if crypto bursts like a bubble.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:46:51 PM

Thank You.

For me government want to kill bitcoin because they know that there is a possibility that bitcoin can be the currency worldwide in the future. Government don't want that happen so they wanted bitcoin gone.
Femhab

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:49:16 PM

Am not sure if government want to kill BTC for any reason but for the fact that they don't have control over it.

Blackwhite69

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:52:26 PM

Due to some disadvantage of bitcoin government want to kill bitcoin.
First, they tried to stop the using of bitcoin, but when they came to know it's not under control, they start making policy against it. Maybe in future bitcoin got killed by the government because except Japan no country can support bitcoin maybe people move to Japan just for bitcoin currency

Whether in that way make their citizens remain poor and unable to buy what they want and that is what the government intends for everyone. the government is too concerned about the bad things about Bitcoin and does not think of anything positive about Bitcoin. But, it only happens in some countries.
PAES23

Activity: 75

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:04:21 PM

They want to ban it because they can’t control it. You just said the other reasons why they banned bitcoin. They can’t track the transaction. Also, some illegal stuff that uses bitcoin. There are so many reasons why they banned or want to ban bitcoin
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:21:11 PM

Governments are always greedy for the control and hence they don't allow something that has the potential to take away power and control from them. Decentralized innovations like Bitcoin has the potential to take away that power and pass it to the uses of it and that will definitely reduce avoid dependability on the government and that's the reason why governments are against cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: