Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:14:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did the government want to kill Bitcoin?  (Read 2233 times)
NevejElad

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:34:00 PM

The government are not really wanting to kill botcoin , but for this kind of modern technlogy, the government would see to it that they are not to be blame by people who might be victims of scams , that is why  government wants to regulate the activitiez of bitcoin and cryptos.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kanayaTabitha

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:35:38 PM

as you say bitcoin is like that but the government also must have developments and learn bitcoin especially how the blockchain function itself .. easily the government can trace the above through the transaction history of blockchain users. and surely they need an exchange to make cryptocurrency a fiat currency, from where the government can find out who owns the account. KYC function
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:36:22 PM

National governments have banned bitcoins because they have not found a way to collect taxes! Bitcoin and altcoin are more risky in the growing phase!
I agree but that was the negative part of the government why they disagree.On the other hand, they might disagree disagree because the government can't monitor the transactions, how and what does users consumes using crypto.  There's a high possibility that illegal transaction is being processed via internet and it's the responsibility of the government to take control of the people who are taking advantage to do bad.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:43:16 PM

We can't blame those nations who banned bitcoin in their country because if you were on their foot, you're going to do the same thing. In order to make bitcoin legalized or allowed nationwide, those cancers who uses bitcoin in illegal transactions must be eliminated because I think they are the main reason why other governments were afraid. If those people were eliminated, Bitcoin world will be very healthy. I know that the government know that bitcoin gives people a good life, they're just against it because of the threats of illegal activities.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:45:39 PM

What you said can be part of the reason but not entirely. I don't believe that governments want to kill bitcoin. As a matter of fact, I believe they are just trying to ban it for now and are researching on better to ways to handle the problems that you said.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:46:42 PM

government don't want to kill bitcoin, they want to kill the terrorist and all criminals int heir country, but they see that bitcoin is the most payment method that they use, so they want to kill bitcoin to makes the criminals stop their action, and maybe some people is not agree with this decision that block and kill bitcoin

Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:50:10 PM

YEs, government around the country dislikes this type of currency but not all of them, some coins are also used in the black market specially on drugs, thats why they are truly against it. Another things is that, in the dark web, this coins are now widely used and are widely purchased, sold and transac to buyers and sellers for illegal things making it a hateful currency, but not all of it are used the negative way others are from the good also. So, lets take a moment to review what the Positive side of this coin means.
there is some certain reason why they dont want this currency most probably is on the way how is it may related to drugs that this is what this currency so this is what they dont wnat it but on the other good side of it this is really helpful yet but also depends on the way how is it may come for well for so,e online purposes and made a lot of people earn here this is what they loved for.
fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:50:16 PM

Because it is out of their control -> is a threat for them.
However, I like how some people are talking about crypto being dangerous: criminals are laundering their money, terrorists are purchasing weapons with the help of BTC and so on...
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:50:51 PM

corrupt countries will ban it, they do not yet know its usefulness. bitcoin will affect the economic progress of the country that has adopted it. the reasons mentioned are true and become the government's fear of bitcoin
adriaymati58

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:50:57 PM

I think governments try to kill bitcoin mostly because they can not control it and for sure this freaks them out. It is not an advantage for them to not having bitcoin paying taxes to them

The best is yet to come!
tony kurniawan

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:52:07 PM

I think the government can't kill bitcoin, and the government can only impose a ban on bitcoin transactions in the country.
fargoway

Activity: 164

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:54:45 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.
but this is just my opinion, so if I am wrong I apologize.

Thank You.
Is there any problem to do the same thing with regular cash? I don't think so.
If killing the Bitcoin will solve all these problems, I am ready to pull the trigger myself. Where is my gun?
froone22

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:19:36 PM

The government banned bitcoins because I think the government feels threatened by bitcoin, they are afraid of losing national currency. so they try to cover crypto. one more reason they fo not benefit from it.  No tax was being added or collected and they cannot control the flow of crypto currency
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

as we know, many governments in the world are banning bitcoins and here I have my own why the government want to kill Bitcoin, because I think Bitcoin can be used for terrorist financing, money laundering, illegal weapons purchases, crime and tax evasion. therefore the government forbids Bitcoin, because Bitcoin transactions are difficult to trace so it is only natural for me if the government is very worried about Bitcoin and many country banning (block) Bitcoin.

Thank You.
Aside from those illegal acts by lawless elements, the governments also want their own currency to only dominate the market so that they can fully control everything from us most especially all our centralized assets. Good thing about centralized assets is that they are pretty stable though lacks in privacy and security unlike Bitcoin wherein we can evade tax on every online transaction me made.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:32:46 PM

Thank You.

I think why the government wants to kill the bitcoin because the government thinks that the bitcoin cannot help their country to grow up and they think that the bitcoin can destroy the transactions with other country. They afraid to steal bitcoin their national currency. So they want to kill or destroy the bitcoin because they don't want to lose their national currency.
ani4

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:33:20 PM

Thank You.

Those "reasons" have nothing to do with why Legal entities would want to ban crypto (cash/fiat is overwhelmingly used for those purposes). They want to ban or de-legitimatize bitcoin and other true open-decentralized currencies, precisely because they have no control over the population who uses them correctly.

But this is just part of their misunderstanding and denial. The legal babylonian deception will continue to control those who do not take their privacy/security seriously. As you can see now, centralized organisations/exchanges are requiring KYC/AML regulatory practices... these are the enemy of freedom as they allow the CRIMINALS (Legal / Banker / Governmental) to attach their fraudulent jurisdiction to crypto users.

The truth is, if you know what you are doing, they have absolutely no jurisidiction or authority.. and they cannot stop the innovation. If you are interested in not sacrificing your freedom over the next few years, you will want to become very accustomed to atomic-swaps and true Decentralized Exchanges / Privacy solutions. The centralized companies are LEGAL entities, and therefore cannot be trusted.
Leenkoranan

Activity: 52

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:47:46 PM

Yes they doesnt like Bitcoin for the reason that they cannot control bitcoin because it is decentarlized, governments cannot hikd bitcoin so they want to kill forever be gone as much as possible.,but look at it is still alive.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:04:31 PM

Thank You.
actually the core of the problem is not legalized bitcoin for this transaction is not tax burden on every bitcoin transactions that occur so that government revenue will decrease and this will impact on the country development. But an idea appears to solve this problem: the government can issue its own digital currency, with all these transactions taxable and avoid the use of illegal bitcoin such as money laundering, terrorism, etc. because all transactions can be tracked.
jurelmartin

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:07:12 PM

There are a lot of aspects why government want to shutdown bitcoin, one of those is the potential usage for money laundering which almost all of the government around the world cannot 100% be solved what more if the money is being put on a wallet which is very anonymous the governments cannot just let that happen easily so they put regulations or worse being banned to their country to prevent those kind of things happening
washing.machine

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:12:54 PM

Because Bitcoin is considered to be threatening their country's currency and considers Bitcoin to be used for money laundering. But not all governments do. For example, the Japanese state that has legalized Bitcoin as currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: