Bitcoin Forum
October 03, 2024, 10:21:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin  (Read 146720 times)
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:52:20 PM

I'm not panicking just keeping the topic up to date as to what's happening.  It's a minor pet peeve of mine when the tracked delivery thing is brought up because it is needlessly expensive and provides an easy out but whatevs.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
only (OP)

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2016, 09:08:45 PM

I'm not panicking just keeping the topic up to date as to what's happening.  It's a minor pet peeve of mine when the tracked delivery thing is brought up because it is needlessly expensive and provides an easy out but whatevs.

It provides traceability, but indeed, sorry for being silly and bringing it up.

dcrdev

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:38:50 AM

@only did you receive my email?

Thanks
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 06:12:51 AM

I'm not panicking just keeping the topic up to date as to what's happening.  It's a minor pet peeve of mine when the tracked delivery thing is brought up because it is needlessly expensive and provides an easy out but whatevs.

+10 days.  No cigarettes.  No additional communication from only.
order date Nov 11 '15

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
only (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2016, 08:44:13 PM

@only did you receive my email?

Thanks

Just replied - we'll reship it to you free of charge, as promised.

+10 days.  No cigarettes.  No additional communication from only.
order date Nov 11 '15

My previous reply still holds - I will get back to you when (and if) your untracked order gets back to us.

dcrdev

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:57:47 AM

Thanks only, I have responded to your latest email.
only (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:07:36 PM

Thanks only, I have responded to your latest email.

Order re-shipped, apologies for the inconvenience!

rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 11:04:32 AM

This is my experience here so far.  I ordered a few cartons a couple of months ago and everything arrived within a couple of weeks no problems.  My last two orders I made in December were for 14 cartons.  So far I have received 6 cartons, customs has 6 cartons and still waiting on 2 more.

So do I pay the $705 to get them out of customs or just cut my losses there, ummm  I think I will just cut my losses.  According to the letter they sent the smokes will be destroyed and they wont send them back. 

So it seems the Australian customs do their job better than anywhere else.  The bastards...
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1622

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 12:07:08 PM

This is my experience here so far.  I ordered a few cartons a couple of months ago and everything arrived within a couple of weeks no problems.  My last two orders I made in December were for 14 cartons.  So far I have received 6 cartons, customs has 6 cartons and still waiting on 2 more.

So do I pay the $705 to get them out of customs or just cut my losses there, ummm  I think I will just cut my losses.  According to the letter they sent the smokes will be destroyed and they wont send them back. 

$705 for 6 cartons? Don't pay that. Assuming the success rate to Australia is at least 50%, you'll be better off using that money to buy again.

@only - what actually happens when cigs are seized? Can customs send them back to you? Does recipient need to request them to be sent back to sender? Or does it depend on the country?

So it seems the Australian customs do their job better than anywhere else.  The bastards...

Yeah, I've seen 'borderforce Australia' on TV, they don't fuck around.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
only (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2016, 03:06:34 PM

This is my experience here so far.  I ordered a few cartons a couple of months ago and everything arrived within a couple of weeks no problems.  My last two orders I made in December were for 14 cartons.  So far I have received 6 cartons, customs has 6 cartons and still waiting on 2 more.

So do I pay the $705 to get them out of customs or just cut my losses there, ummm  I think I will just cut my losses.  According to the letter they sent the smokes will be destroyed and they wont send them back.  

So it seems the Australian customs do their job better than anywhere else.  The bastards...

Sorry to hear that. However given the context this sort of outcome is kindof expected, not to say desired. Australian customs really are fucking tough, and we write about this on the checkout page. Fingers crossed for the remaining 2 cartons though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you pay the $705, am I right in assuming the price/pack ratio for those 6 cartons alone is still better compared to buying the same cigarettes offline?

@only - what actually happens when cigs are seized? Can customs send them back to you? Does recipient need to request them to be sent back to sender? Or does it depend on the country?

They do send them back to sender, the only exceptions being the UK, Australia and New Zealand - it seems like the customs in these three countries have spotted our little workaround since they only recently started the practice of destroying the cigarettes if the duty isn't paid.

rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 01:41:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you pay the $705, am I right in assuming the price/pack ratio for those 6 cartons alone is still better compared to buying the same cigarettes offline?

It would work out slightly cheaper than buying at the shops but given the hassles its probably not worth the effort, as it would only work out about $1 a pack less than getting them at the local shops. 

At this stage it seems to be a toss up.  Pay $705 and get a guaranteed 6 cartons or put that $705 to buy more cartons and hope that more than 6 get through customs. 

I might just have to give up smoking.   Cry  Cry  Cry
Mitchell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 2256

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2016, 05:52:15 PM

I would pay the $705. Even if it's only $1 cheaper. You would have spent that money on smokes anyway.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
rustynailer

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 01:27:36 PM

I would pay the $705. Even if it's only $1 cheaper. You would have spent that money on smokes anyway.

Okay I will do the sums properly.  It will cost $119.31 per carton to get them out of customs.  Add that to the approx $43 that I already spent on the them and that adds up to $162.32 per carton.  So its actually about the same or even slightly dearer.  The only bonus is the cigarettes you sneak through without paying duty are a lot cheaper.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1622

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 02:46:41 PM

Okay I will do the sums properly.  It will cost $119.31 per carton to get them out of customs.  Add that to the approx $43 that I already spent on the them and that adds up to $162.32 per carton.  So its actually about the same or even slightly dearer.  The only bonus is the cigarettes you sneak through without paying duty are a lot cheaper.

Those $43 are gone either way, so you shouldn't be including it in calculation. And I'm guessing it's $43/per carton, not total. So 6 x $43 = $258.

I don't agree with Mitchełł though. I wouldn't be paying that. I would rather order another 14 cartons. With your current success rate @ 42.8% (providing those 2 missing cartons are intercepted as well), you'll receive at least 6 of them. Total cost would be 14 x $43 = $602. So still less than $705 you would have to pay the customs. And maybe OP would give you some special discount Wink

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
Mitchell
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 2256

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2016, 02:47:30 PM

Hmmm, I mean they will be destroyed if you don't pay up, so you would tjus throw that money away. Not sure if you want that.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
benik1

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:59:30 PM

To me the same. I ordered on the 8th and received a shipping confirmation the same day, but I haven't received the cigarettes yet.
Normally the cigarettes are delivered within 1 - 1,5 weeks (to The Netherlands), but this time not unfortunately. I know the Terms & Conditions states it can take up to 4 - 5 weeks before the cigarettes are delivered, so I will wait a bit longer, but I am concerned the cigarettes aren't going to be delivered this time  Undecided
only (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:23:55 PM

Hey only! I placed an order with you earlier this month and received a shipping confirmation on the 3rd, so its been about 22 days. I've never had an order take this long.

Is this normal or is there some kind of hold up you're aware of? When I receive my order, I'll be sure to report back here like I always do.

Many thanks!

To me the same. I ordered on the 8th and received a shipping confirmation the same day, but I haven't received the cigarettes yet.
Normally the cigarettes are delivered within 1 - 1,5 weeks (to The Netherlands), but this time not unfortunately. I know the Terms & Conditions states it can take up to 4 - 5 weeks before the cigarettes are delivered, so I will wait a bit longer, but I am concerned the cigarettes aren't going to be delivered this time  Undecided

The delay might have been caused by the local Christmas/NY celebrations (our Christmas is on the 7th and the Old New Year is on the 14th of January, which is retarded, but oh well).

Either way, no need to panic, you're still well within the expected delivery time range - your orders should be with you this week. Please let us know when you receive them.

dcrdev

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:25:43 PM

@only I'd just like to say that I received the re-shipment today, so under a week. A massive thank you for your helpfulness!
only (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 09:37:13 PM

@only I'd just like to say that I received the re-shipment today, so under a week. A massive thank you for your helpfulness!

Glad to hear that, enjoy! Wink

humanlaser

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 07:31:55 PM

I placed an order for Marlboro Reds 5 weeks ago and they haven't arrived yet.  I live in America.  Is this normal?  Could they have gotten seized?
I believe this is normal for this time of year. I ordered two cartons which shipped at the end of December and arrived 34 days later yesterday. I live in New York. Slower than previous orders, but they arrived nonetheless.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: