Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
Daday23

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:03:57 PM

I dont think it will happen in the future but bitcoin has a better future and there is no problem if bitcoin become the leading currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lester04

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:06:21 PM

Fiats will still exist even crypto will accepted as their legit currency all over the world, crypto and fiat have a big difference and there will be many conflicts if crypto replaced fiat. crypto is volatile and we need a fixed value currency to avoid conflicts in paying transactions like we can't buy an small amount stuffs like candies we need a fiat.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:42:23 PM

Going digital would pose many problems for the people (especially the elders) who are less tech-savvy; they would get exploited by hackers and scammers. Besides, transaction time for cryprocurrencies are far from instant and micro-payments are usually not possible, and if it was, it would cost more than paying in fiat.
siracunas

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:56:34 PM

There are many individuals who imagine that administrations in the long run will move from utilizing FIAT to utilizing crypto like we as a whole take after and like here on the gathering, however it wont happen in light of the fact that it is totallyout of their control.

Governments will move from FIAT to their own halfway controlled computerized money and yeas that will accompany the administration controlled "track and follow" framework we don't care for.
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:16:23 PM

Crypto will exist and fiat money will always exist. I do not think crypto can replace money because bitcoin is a decentralized platform, governments can not control it. That is also why many countries have banned bitcoins
BitRentXx

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:05:01 PM

cryptocurrency will never replace fiat, because forever fiat will remain in need for daily life.
just imagine if you have to pay for coffee, taxi, using bitcoin.
you'll get to kesulita, besides bitcoin cost in every transaction. it will not be effective.
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:09:47 PM

I do think it goverment would bemore easier to track our money from blockchain and also they will get easier to take tax from ouf money. I believe there is a con and pro for digital money ( cryptocurrency). But its good right i mean we are more transparant and if youre good people so there is nothing tbe afraod for. Humant technology is keep developing and this one could be our future so i believe lets see how it goes and what we can do is to adapt with it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
theyRmose

Activity: 128

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:38:52 PM

what makes you think that crypto will replace fiat? whether there is a good reason for this, or you are just doing a speculation.
I personally deny your opinion, because I am very sure fiat can never be replaced by bitcoin, see the rejection that occurs on the bitcoin,  its will be a stumbling block for bitcoin in order to replace the fiat currency.
let both stay still exist because both are the equally have a very important function For the life .
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:42:53 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.  
In your scenario you are predicting that the governments create their own crypto, this means they will know exactly how much money you are holding since banks and governments in your scenario would have become a single entity but no one else will have access to that information so you will not have to worry, but that is not what we want, what we want is that bitcoin takes control over the economy and if that happens you have nothing to worry about that either since you do not have to give up your identity to open a wallet.
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:10:07 PM

It will be difficult for cryptocurrency to replace fiat, also it may not be good for us to depend completely on cryptocurrency without fiat. This is because the two systems have their merits and demerits. It is true that crypto transactions are preferable in long distance transactions as their are no boundaries. But Fiat will be preferred for offline transactions when internet may not be available.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:10:57 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
will never happen, because both have different functions and uses.
depending on the need, and both equally have their respective advantages and disadvantages.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 06:37:04 PM

well maybe someday this thing will be happen, because we are know cryptocurrency are the future of the money transaction method with high speed and eficiency and with this can make the cashless society even more realize in the future

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:00:48 PM

Crypto currency is simply not a substitute for ordinary national money. No sane government will do it. Such a decision would contradict all economic principles. If this happened, the Crypto currency would very quickly disregard the economy of any strong state. The economy would have become simply unmanageable. It's hard to even imagine what it can lead to. I would not advise putting such experiments on the whole state.
Crypto currency can only go in the state along with national paper money and no more.
Roomshambles

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:35:57 PM

It would be very difficult to see fiat is still very much used for transactions in the crypto currency appeal. But the crypto currency is growing every year as the demand is growing, maybe in the future crypto currency can replace fiat.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:37:18 PM

Crypto currency is simply not a substitute for ordinary national money. No sane government will do it. Such a decision would contradict all economic principles. If this happened, the Crypto currency would very quickly disregard the economy of any strong state. The economy would have become simply unmanageable. It's hard to even imagine what it can lead to. I would not advise putting such experiments on the whole state.
Crypto currency can only go in the state along with national paper money and no more.
I agree.I won't be biased to crypto but i think it will never replace fiat currency even in the nearest future.Yes crypto has its high potential to be the future money but i believe it will only stay as an alternative payment system aside from fiat currency.But replacing fiat totally will not be permitted by the government to happen that's why regulations for cryptos are there.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Ekim22

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:57:05 PM

I think this will not be happend because many country banned cryptocurrency,I love where bitcoin now and where fiat now.
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 08:04:07 PM

Going digital would pose many problems for the people (especially the elders) who are less tech-savvy; they would get exploited by hackers and scammers. Besides, transaction time for cryprocurrencies are far from instant and micro-payments are usually not possible, and if it was, it would cost more than paying in fiat.

Yes you are right and that is the reason why banks will be still useful in the future but cryptocurrency will be already part of our life since it was useful for different people's life..
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 09:18:19 PM

It will take many years for cryptocurrency to take the place of fiat, in my opinion. But in a shorter time, the use of cryptocurrency will increase greatly, and anyone with a mobile phone will be able to use cryptocurrency  with ease.
localcrypto

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:57:23 PM

crypto replacing fiat won't happen but fiat helping crypto will happen and people will convert more to cryptocurrencies in the coming future
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 11:07:44 PM

There are so many possibilities in here if the cryptocurrency will remove or replaced FIAT currency there are some people that doesn't want to use it because they don't know. There are some good deeds it can provide like the faster transactions to any people who use it. But before that happen for sure it will gonna be world discuss.
There will be a huge debate about this thing for sure, and I know this will not happen easily. I actually don't see cryptos to replace fiat, if that is the case cryptos will become more centralize so for me its not a good idea to replace fiat. Better to make a healthy competition with it and let people decide on what to use base on their liquidity.

The  government has not fully accepted the crypto digital transaction with its country. They are responsible regarding the circulation for general  Tender of FIAT, They regulate  and implement the financial rules. Replacing FIAT is not possible at least for now. Look at the news on the issue of Regulation being confronted by Crypto by countries whom so critical about the used of crypto currency digital transaction.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: