Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
nisya

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:19:48 AM

Fiat money's easier to use, especially because not everyone is as techy as the others to understand crypto. But somehow, cryptocurrency and fiat money work hand in hand with each other. So even though crypto is the future of money, it's still impossible to totally abort fiat money.

as long as we still use fiat, fiat will still exist among us and maybe crypto can also be used for the transaction in our real life and who knows, crypto and fiat can work together for the payment transaction. I imagine that we have two option for the making a payment and we can use fiat or crypto in the same time and there is no problem with the store and I hope that in the future, we can see this is happening.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:58:56 AM

Cryptocurrencies surpass fiat currencies at some point in the future. One important consideration is that cryptocurrencies cannot be manipulated quite as easily as fiat currency, largely due to their decentralized and unregulated status. Beyond that, cryptocurrencies could better support the concept of a universal basic income than fiat currencies would. As a matter of fact, some programs have already experimented with the use of cryptocurrencies as means of distributing a universal basic income.
joey alexander

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:00:31 AM

As i see Crypto has already won the numbers (it's way more valuable than the dollar, and even gold), the rest is just a waiting game.  If you want your crypto to make you rich then just get as much crypto as you can and hold onto it.  Wait for more people to catch up with the technology.  And wait for the technology to become more user-friendly.  Because by that time the supply and demand mechanism will have raised the prices way beyond what anyone anticipated.
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:08:13 AM

I think it's very unlikely because fiat is a very long currency and many people use fiat so I'm sure bitcoin will not be able to replace the fiat.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
SubZer0

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

The introduction of CryptoCurrencies is a sign of Freedom, away from Fiat Money. I sense Bitcoin will grow further and deeper acceptance by the general populace, as Trust be more they embrace.
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:39:04 AM

Perhaps the moment when the crypto currency will drive out the Fiat money is not far off. And we live in its vestibule.
Replacing fiat currency is hard but the cryptocurrency is growing and spreading all over the world and will work almost in all the countries in future. However fiat currency will not replace completely by the cryptocurrencies but the systems will change to make stable situations for the use of both because it will be difficult for those people to use cryptocurrencies who do not understand it.
OrangeII

Activity: 2058
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 05:42:05 AM

Perhaps the moment when the crypto currency will drive out the Fiat money is not far off. And we live in its vestibule.
Replacing fiat currency is hard but the cryptocurrency is growing and spreading all over the world and will work almost in all the countries in future. However fiat currency will not replace completely by the cryptocurrencies but the systems will change to make stable situations for the use of both because it will be difficult for those people to use cryptocurrencies who do not understand it.
many people want to see it, especially those who use crypto. but, I think it's still very hard to do right now, because altcoin raises a lot of debate in the community. well, until the problem disappears, crypto may be considered as a substitute for fiat.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Emigham7

Activity: 70
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:08:15 AM

Crypto  replacing fiat money is still very very far. I don't even see the possibility in the near future. Crypto  might gain a wide and world acclaim acceptability but not to the extent of replacing fait
Lisadavis87

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 06:10:30 AM

Personally, fiats and cryptos are important, they will exist in parallel. Fiats can be reduced rather than completely disappeared. Because using currency is my habit and many people change it if I need a lot of time.
hatsoff2btc

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:41:17 AM

Well, i think if crypto currency repaced fiat. We would be walking around with some sort of credit card in our hands and all transactions will be done through that. Of course we would still banking so internet access in homes are a must and everyone would have hardwares at homes or on their phones to access them. I think it would be great.
Well you can’t just make any statement about crypto. Maybe it will be the only supreme currency being ruled over every country in future. And may be crypto and fiat both combines to make a strong world where currency have got much tremendous power. So, decision is all based on your thinking. But yes, there will be more influence for fiat in future.
mokamoka

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:08:08 AM

I don't think so, Crypto has a good trend, but it doesn't mean it can replace fiat.
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:16:40 AM

many people want to see it, especially those who use crypto. but, I think it's still very hard to do right now, because altcoin raises a lot of debate in the community. well, until the problem disappears, crypto may be considered as a substitute for fiat.
In the near future maybe this will not happen, but I'm sure in the future Cryptocurrency will be able
to replace the fiat. So I suggest to starting from now we all had to learn about the world of Cryptocurrency. 
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 08:40:54 AM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.  
The first thing that I am seeing is the danger to people's anonymity, obviously the national currencies (national cryptocurrencies) will be engineered in such a way as to enhance the control of governments over their people. Thus I think that the crypto should be a multinational addition to national fiat money, in our best interest. Just like bitcoin is today, but with a wider adoption.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:01:09 AM

If all of the fiat money was replaced by digital I think the corruption and criminality would arise. It would be more difficult to track down transactions. No one will know who owes and what money, which might lead to a chaos. How do you expect accountants to do their job, if all they knew about a certain bank account would be a bunch of characters? And, also, if every fiat currency was replaced by digital, but still it would be the government, who regulates the system - then what about all of the alts and BTC, that we use now? Would the governments let people use it then? I don't think so. And what about the taxes? Anyway, I don't think that there's any point in changing all of the fiat money to cryptocurrencies.
If ever cryotocurrencies completely take over and replace fiat, there is no way that the government will allow such as the things you are saying. There will be a way to track down digital money because there is no way that the government will not regulate it.

Btw, even with cryptocurrency we are still paying tax. Even at this moment.
And there is a very huge possibility that by the next few years, people will then prefer transactions made online or usung digital money for convinience. The world is fastly evolving and so is the technology.

In such a case - either the whole economics will crash, or cryptocurrencies won't be anonymous and won't have most of the advantages that they carry now anymore.
I can't imagine the whole economic crashing. Surely experts can do something to prevent this. As for the current adavantage and characteristics of todays crypto, I agree that soon it will change accordingly to what is best suited once crypto take over the world. I'm sure there will still be versions of crypto in the future which can be used with anonimity.
Taking the lead over the regular currencies is not something which you can expect to happen in a day or two and that this is something which will take a lot of time. However, the way things are happening and that they are turning in favour of the crypto currencies can give us a great hope to believe in this thing that these crypto currencies will then be leading this world in much better way.
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:46:03 AM

I think that at any time crypto will never replace fiat, this is because the state will do everything to protect the fiat, crypto will only be a companion and complementary for easier transactions.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:01:30 PM

I don`t think crypto will replace fiat because the way people use crypto is not as an currency or money, but as an asset just to earn profit. So we can say that cryptocurrency is not money at all, it is mostly an asset. That is why crypto will not replace fiat.
snaper14

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:03:58 PM

if such a thing happens than I believe that instead of decentralization we would have a full centralization where every spending and earning would be tracked and people would work only for taxes and governments .

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
noneedmoney

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:07:38 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
very impossible. because crypto will never be approved worldwide. the world only recognizes if crypto is just a digital asset.
look at many countries that forbid crypto because there is no law that approves crypto.
lagharto

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:13:58 PM

I'll tell you what guys, if the crypto-currencies and various blockchain projects will continue to develop as rapidly and we will eventually reach a mass acceptance of the blockchain, we all will become really rich and happy, as we will have a really interesting and favorite pastime which brings us great money, that's what makes people happy. And it doesn't matter will crypto replace fiat or not.
lelylely

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:31:04 PM

Bitcoin and fiat have different uses and I think fiat will never disappear because bitcoin, fiat will continue to exist and will remain in use as currency because its value is more stable. I think bitcoin will be used as an asset because it could be more profitable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: