Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
BabyBoss

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
That’s true, actually after reading this I am thinking that it is very dangerous to those who hold big amount the tendency of danger is very near on them, since they can track our addresses(ledger).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:26:56 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

As another mode of payment which may suit our convenience, I believe that it is still better to have bitcoin but I don't think that it could replace fiat. We all know that physical money is a well known way of transactions from generation to generation and no other currency could replace it that easy. It might take time and there are still lots of things to consider.
thutrangnt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

No, There're many poor countries in the World that have no internet or knowledge about technology, how can they use crypto instead of fiat?
Xuaquing141

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:36:16 PM

Although some goverment or company in the world do not approve the Crypto but in think in the near future, it will be accepted and replace the role of fiat in the economy or banking. It is the same as the card was replaced the cash in the past.

hsyncl

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:51:55 PM

In a few years, important steps have been taken absolutely. Now people want to send their money quickly and reliably in the whole electronic environment. Almost everyone started shopping on the internet.

│      H U B R I S O N E      │▐▐  Your Cryptocurrency Friendly Digital Bank   ▌▌
│    ◆    Equity share crowdfund    ◆    Tokens    ◆    Built with Stellar & OMG    ◆    1,000+ Members    ◆    │
▐▐    Whitepaper    ▌▌       Telegram       │       Twitter       │       Instagram       │       LinkedIn       │
handsofgod

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:31:37 PM

Not in the near future, we can only wait and only then see. Smiley WHo investing in ICOs right now, have you heard about Kelvin Blockchain project? I'm willing to participate, very promising project
Nabilo

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:13:07 PM

That could be possible in the near future for eg. 80% irrelevant but should help you to understand. Trades between Androids and humans after a few hundred years.  Roll Eyes
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:22:36 PM

i am sure 100 percent that it will not happen anymore because fiat is very usable to all than crypto but maybe? after 200 years? maybe crypto will replace fiat because now fiat is stable so people used this to pay something and to buy something and in crypto this is not stable than fiat so fiat helping crypto to increase the value of this.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:26:34 PM

Crypto currency is not able to replace fiat. This can not be ever. Ordinary national money is issued at par value in an amount equal to the available material values in the country. If paper money is issued more, inflation will arise. Crypto currency is not tied to the economy of any state at all. How can it replace national money? These are just ordinary fantasies that have nothing to do with real life.

Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:34:32 PM

Although some goverment or company in the world do not approve the Crypto but in think in the near future, it will be accepted and replace the role of fiat in the economy or banking. It is the same as the card was replaced the cash in the past.

It does not seem quite certain that crypto will take over the role of Fiat. Governments or banks have no interest in the widespread use of crypto. Blockchain probably will use the transaction, leaving crypto somewhere on the sidelines.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:38:42 PM

It does not seem quite certain that crypto will take over the role of Fiat. Governments or banks have no interest in the widespread use of crypto. Blockchain probably will use the transaction, leaving crypto somewhere on the sidelines.
I think that this process will take time.Although cryptocurrencies are trending a lot but still many people have no idea about them.Even some countries have banned cryptocurrencies.Central banks and governments are also not supporting cryptocurrencies as they are not centralised and taxes are also not imposed on them.The central bank has no control over them.Fiat currency is used by all the people of the world.It can be used anywhere and anytime.
chosenboy4

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:09:45 PM

Cryptocurrency is disrupting the financial system because it has quite a number of advantages over the conventional currency such as the dollar. By eliminating intermediaries, digital currency gives you more control of your finances. Besides, it can be used as a hedge against the inflation of the dollar. Most cryptocurrencies are also extremely secure due to the use of dual-sided cryptography for every transaction
tamradhwaj

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:22:59 PM

it is impossible to  replace fiat. because  government won't  allow  such system that they can't control or monitor. may be in future government can launch  their own digital currency  which is different from fiat and  similar to crypto currencies.  it will make life  faster and  transactions will be automated and super fast.
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:28:47 PM

This notion of cryptocurrency replacing fiat is a misplaced thinking. To me, cryptocurrency is best suited for peer to peer payments, especially across national borders. It is swift, less expensive and at your convenience. But to say it will replace fiat, I don't think so.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:26:41 PM

Cryptos haven't replaced the fiat yet and it won't in future too as many economies have declared it as an illegal tender. Without complete support and consistent flow cryto cant replace the fiat . Hope you got me! Wink
There is nothing in this world which you cannot expect to happen and that you never know what will happen after sometime. However, I am very much sure that these crypto currencies can be much more beneficial for the economy and that they can help us in much better way than that of the fiat. The day government will support these crypto coins will be the day we will see crypto currencies taking over the regular currencies.

I think choosing the cryptocurrency as a full-time job is bit risky and not affordable.
What you're doing is just depending on cryptocurrencies ever thought many agencies and government are against it?
They're looking to take it down what would you do then? Better to move on and choose the job.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:46:59 PM

Now that's actually a tricky question. It's true that your privacy will be greatly compromised if you choose cryptocurrency network but it is also true that you can switch between different addresses whenever you want so tracking you down is not actually that simple, as the service or the hacker has to We track you every time you switch an address. On top of all of this, they still have to assume that, that address is yours and they have together witnesses and proves to confirm that.
DeluxeJR

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:05:00 PM

Crypto will never replace Fiat, it will be just another payment method
romarry

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:22:29 PM

Crypto replaces fiat, it's the same as dependence on the internet. imagine if that happens, a country will depend on a group of IT experts, then what about bandwidth? I think this is not positive if all countries change their fiat money to crypto.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:17:20 PM

Surely the crypto are destined to win, but before replacing the cash it will still take a long time: to use the crypto we need a technology that not all have, and  for many people cash is still the main monetary base.
We'll see what happens.

Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:23:59 PM

You of course fantasize!
First, bitcoin will not be able to replace Fiat money completely. It will be able to replace the maximum non-cash payment and credit cards.
Secondly, many people will be against to remove Fiat money, for them it is not convenient.
Third, many countries create their own cryptocurrency, which will be partially Fiat, since not all segments of the society are able to accept cashless payments in crypto-coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: