Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:24:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:05:55 PM

For me it is likely that it will finally happen one day. Even if now crypto is not in its best positions it still has very good chances to accomplish that in future...

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
valentine401

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:16:41 PM

For me it is likely that it will finally happen one day. Even if now crypto is not in its best positions it still has very good chances to accomplish that in future...

Maybe it will happen one day that cryptocurrency will be dominant than fiat but banks will stay and fiat will never vanish since not every people has the capability of earning cryptocurrency.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:23:15 PM

Maybe it will happen one day that cryptocurrency will be dominant than fiat but banks will stay and fiat will never vanish since not every people has the capability of earning cryptocurrency.
but if you think carefully and think about the function of money itself, I think it's impossible for cryptocurrency to replace fiat. whereas currently the government can only support that development, but still cryptocurrency is prohibited from being made a legal payment instrument in a country.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:32:40 PM

If we will accept that cryptocurrency will replace fiat, how will the government control its value so that there will be stability in a country's economy. I think we really need fiat beside cryptocurrency for a more progressive future. Thank you !

yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:45:10 PM

I am not sure that cryptocurrencies will never replace the FIAT currency for any reason FIAT will remain the main currency used by humans in the world.
I am not agree as bitcoin has more potential than any other coin and it has more power and more value now than fiat, bitcoin has ability to buy us all new and old things we want in our life, it is new age where we all need something unique so nothing is better than bitcoin, the power of currency is so high, we can gain money with bitcoin but not with fiat, so everyone now loves to have bitcoin more than fiat.
Neraj Evad

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:05:59 PM

I think that crypto can not totally replacing fiat, because crypto is concentrated only in highly urbanized areas ,but to rural and mountainous part of the country where in there is limited signal of internet access ,so fiat is still the medium of exchange to be usual in use.
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:37:32 PM

I think that crypto can not totally replacing fiat, because crypto is concentrated only in highly urbanized areas ,but to rural and mountainous part of the country where in there is limited signal of internet access ,so fiat is still the medium of exchange to be usual in use.
Well you have point, it cannot replace fiat as people will continues use fiat. Some people prefer to use fiat than crypto. It is the main use from the very start so I think it will happen to replace fiat and be use crypto.
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:37:41 PM

Yes, I also do believe that due to technological advancement of digital and electronics money crypto currency can replace fiat in the near future at the times that every single person in the world have an access to internet and the world is already an internet of all things then everything monetary transaction will be run digitally.

Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:32:51 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

Maybe in a long run crypto currency will replace fiat money because I believed that there is a changes, our world technology has always looking forward for an high technology innovations. So I think in the future fiat money will be vanished and replaced by crypto currency.
dodgi

Activity: 146
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:37:49 PM

no cryptocurrency will not replace Fiat, it will replace non-cash payment

bilyboy

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 11:47:19 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

I don't think that crypto will replace fiat , the two currency will forever exist especially fiat because normally we all used fiat money in our daily lives and we see digital currency as an investment since it has a big potential to grow, the two has their own ways helping us people.
Bakayaroo0

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:25:04 AM

I think crypto is never going replace fiat ever. It's simply because economy needs a stable and an inflationary currency to run smoothly. Businesses can't work on such a volatile form of currency that too without central backing. What will ensure businesses then? Agree or not businesses needs bank and banks are never going to adopt cryptos in place of fiat. Any thought?
Vineeta2oct

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:03:16 AM

Crypto replacing fiat - Not going to happen, never ever for 100 reasons already stated in the comments.

Gow would people know that you own certain wallet unless you tell them. Or you use more than 1 wallet and do not tell about them to anyone.
napi

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:12:36 AM

it looks like cryptocurrency will never be able to replace fiat, fiat will always be there and the use of cryptocurrency will also remain so that cryptpcurrency and fiat will be used for transactions.
ivandu

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:18:06 AM

it looks like cryptocurrency will never be able to replace fiat, fiat will always be there and the use of cryptocurrency will also remain so that cryptpcurrency and fiat will be used for transactions.
there is no change for cryptocurrency function today or later.fiat and cryptocurrency will complement each other.but best chance to accept as global payment system is bitcoin
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:41:17 AM

Although crypto usage continues to increase, but I am sure that this will never be able to replace fiat, maybe both will go together so that crypto's presence is complementary to the existing transaction system.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:20:28 AM

In my opinion, crypto will not replace fiat money and fiat money will not be replaced by digital or crypto money. People will still need real money that has a physical form. Cryptocurrencies will still be needed in the digital world and technology, crypto is only an alternative money and will never replace fiat money.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:16:22 AM

But we got to admin, more and more people are not very trusting to their government and banking system these days due to what had happen in the past like in Greece or worse was what had happened in Zimbabwe. Venezuela and some developing countries where there political meltdown is about to spread, the citizens in these countries are likely to be interested in BTC to store their wealth which is why they foresee bitcoin as the future. Fiat isn't going away though.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
newcollegestar

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:26:39 AM

I think fiat will still be there even if cryptocurrencies might become global currencies. Fiat will still be used for local transactions and for daily transactions.
I don’t think that this will remain the case forever. Like in history, first there was barter system, then gold coins which was replaced by paper money. With the changing time and needs, revolution comes in every aspect of human life. Now the world is becoming more technology oriented so digital currency will overtake the present money and it is future.
dodgi

Activity: 146
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:34:53 AM

No, I think that crypto to replace only Bank transfer

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: