Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:56:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
Underlord

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:00:44 AM

The advent of cryptocurrency could be the beginning of a new way to exchange value. This development can easily be associated with how email disrupted the post office. Email broke the post office’s value chain system since it introduced a new order where you could send a letter without a stamp. Similarly, cryptocurrency enables you to send or receive money without an intermediary. This bank-less system will ultimately do away with banks.
Unlike fiat currency, cryptocurrency cannot be debased by any government because it’s not tied to it. Even the governments cracking down on it are actually making it more valuable. Fiat currency can become worthless when a government gets replaced or falls apart. And it goes without saying that no government is immortal.
Regardless of how governments or investors feel about the impending switch from conventional currency to digital forms of currency, the wave of change is unrelenting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hungsanh2512

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:57:06 AM

It is not easy for crypto to pass fiat money, I think we will have to wait until 2020 for the cryo to completely replace the fiat money, to make the money match the material value of human.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:05:08 PM

It is not easy for crypto to pass fiat money, I think we will have to wait until 2020 for the cryo to completely replace the fiat money, to make the money match the material value of human.
i think it takes more time than you predicted. for the time being government will not be able to leave paper money because of the symbol of the country. and many governments are still looking for policies for BTC

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1718

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:20:26 PM

Meanwhile, I think crypto will probably never be able to completely replace fiat money. Crypto will probably make up most of the transactions someday, but there will certainly be more and more opportunities like fiat money. Credit cards also can not replace the normal paper/fiat money and so could it be with crypto. But the next few years will show us how our money will continue.  Wink
Dinomoves

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:36:58 PM

Crypto might emerge as better than fiat, but i don’t see fiat being removed later on. It is the need of many. I still see the crypto and fiat go together. They say technology is improving but if the poor can’t be improved in many countries where fiat is their only currency fiat will remain. For how can they go digital if they can’t even buy food to survive.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
alizalela7

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:41:16 PM

crypto and fiat are created for trading as well as for human needs, so if one of them fails, the currency market will not be as perfect as if there were two.
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:18:00 PM

Crypto currency can not totally replacing the fiat money , because cryptocurrency can be working best in the advance places where internet is very abundant, while fiat will be obsolete in this
places, fiat money can still be used in places where the internet is scarce like urbanitic places, so crypto can be totally replacing this fiat money.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:24:44 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

I don't think so. I think that instead of replacing fiat, I would more foresee cryptocurrencies being in the same level playing ground as fiat. I say that because fiat has more experience and history under its belt, and so, many people, especially in their own localities and countries would trust to deal with them more even in the near future. Although cryptocurrencies have been gaining its must needed support, fiat would still be the traditional and more well-received between the two. So, instead of cryptocurrencies eating up fiat out of existence, it's better to see them compete.

Bitlife81

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:52:58 PM

Although some goverment or company in the world do not approve the Crypto but in think in the near future, it will be accepted and replace the role of fiat in the economy or banking.
Sate Jamu

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:35:10 PM

I hope that someday the transaction system can turn to crypto, this is because transactions with Crypto are proven to be more effective, cheaper and certainly safer than transactions using Fiat.

▄█████████████████████████████████
 ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████
████[        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████[     ▄█████████████      ██████████▄
████[    ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀██████
████[   ]████                         █████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[   ]████                         ]████
████[    ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄._       ]████
████[     ▀████████████████████▄      ]████
████[        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄     ]████
████[                       ]████     ]████
████[                       ▄████     ]████
████[     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀     ]████
████[    ██████████████████████▀      ]████
████[     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'        ]████
█████                                 █████
 ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 Y██████████████████████████████████████▀
  `"▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S E S S I A

NEW GENERATION
SOCIAL NETWORK

█████████ █▄
█████████ ███▄
█████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████

GET APP

Get cashbacks from your
purchases and kickbacks
from your friends purchases
▄██

▀██
██████████████████████████████████

███▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄
█████████████▄▄
█████████████████▄
███████████████████
████████████████▀
████████████▀
█████████▀
█████▀▀
███
GET IN ON
Google Play
██████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
▄██

▀██
█████████████████████████████████

,d██
        d███
  _o▄▄▄.███b▄▄▄▄▄
,▄██████▄ ▄███████
▄███████████████
███████████████
████████████████
▀█████████████████
 █████████████████
  ███████████████▀
   ▀████▀  ▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
█████████████████████████████████
██▄
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
██▀
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:47:33 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
In this current era, it is not yet possible because government will not let the cryptocurrency to replace fiat. The government are aware that they can't control the cryptocurrencies becuase of the characteristics of being decentralize and volatile.
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:57:38 PM

The people in our society is the key for the digital society. There is a big possibility that the digital society will happen if the people in our society will patronize cryptocurrencies. If you will observe the society, its already happening.

davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:35:15 PM

I think it's very unlikely that crypto will replace fiat currency, fiat is easier to use as a payment medium and also has a more stable value. I am more confident that crypto will be used as an asset.

JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:21:16 PM

Government and people in our society will not let cryptocurrency to replace fiat. The fiat currency have important functions in our economy, the economy will be crashed if the cryptocurrency will replace fiat currency. There should be balance between fiat currnecy and cryptocurrency.

Bitcoinbitcoin0909

Activity: 268

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 06:44:11 PM

It will surely take up a lot of work before happening knowing that fiat is the one that we've used ever since and the system of it is already fixed and proper. We will all be adjusting if ever crypto will replace fiat and we should also have crypto legalized on the whole world first before it replaces fiat for a better and convenient life.

Gibsonlda

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:17:22 PM

I think it's very unlikely that crypto will replace fiat currency, fiat is easier to use as a payment medium and also has a more stable value. I am more confident that crypto will be used as an asset.

if crypto gets official regulations, then they will educate people with various uses through e-transactions in stages, physical currencies will be replaced soon in the next 10-20 years. the level of comfort in digital money is stronger and more efficient and in the end there will be many people who are familiar with it.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:01:19 PM

I think that we can forget about it for a few years, because in my opinion the things that global are not doing that fast, 2 years ago almost nobody knew about cryptocurrency and now you want it to replace fiat Smiley
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:11:06 PM

Yes crypto is for sure replacing fiat.  Do you not find it odd the world governments are doing nothing to stop this rival to their fiat empire?  This is the new government money.  Your alive during the transition. 
Yeah it is right now people are in search of bitcoin not for money, use of bitcoin us easier than using fiat because with bitcoin we can buy anything without worry of going out even if we are at home we can buy goods online, now is modern age and bitcoin is the best thing that has invented for all of us, so I can see bitcoin is going to have brighter future while fiat is getting darken now.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Cobrak777

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:42:12 PM

Although it is unlikely that such a situation will occur in the near future, I think it is possible to realize this in the coming years. Even if the transition is not complete, countries may market digital versions of their existing money, and cash usage over time can be completely abolished. Of course, if this happens, this market will be affected because if all states start accepting crypt money as an official currency then regulation will also be necessary. That is why I think it is very unlikely that there will be such a situation in the near future, but I think that it will be considered in every detail in the long term and that the use of cash will end in the future. Of course, estimating time will not be easy, but I am not likely to see it happen in the next 20 years.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:05:41 PM

I hope that someday the transaction system can turn to crypto, this is because transactions with Crypto are proven to be more effective, cheaper and certainly safer than transactions using Fiat.

In my opinion, it would be a little difficult to use such volatile currency for payment. For using crypto as a method of payment there need some limits. Thus can help reduce volatility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: