Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63465 times)
Himanshu111

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:47:17 PM

I think Crypto will never replace Fiat. Because after all Fiat is still very much needed and will not be replaced by Crypto. Crypto will always be there I think, but the place will not replace fiat and will be different. Fiat is something that I will not replace. Because some people still need fiat. That's just my opinion.
It is not practically possible for Government to fully replace fiats with cryptos as would mean government losing control over the supply of money.
No I do not think that this can occur any near in the future as fiat is used by every single person in the world.Fiat is used from traditional time period and it is established very well in the market.Fiat is backed by central banks and governments as it is centralised.Cryptos are banned in some nations as they are decentralised and are also very volatile and unstable.People need fiat and this is a fact which cannot be denied.The first choice of people will always be fiat.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kovanyy89

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:40:04 PM

I don't think this is gonna happen. It's impossible for anything to replace fiat because it's what our economics base on. Plus, many crimes involve fiat, and as long as criminals exist, some kind of fiat will as well.

policeoo

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 09:40:49 PM

I don't think this is gonna happen. It's impossible for anything to replace fiat because it's what our economics base on. Plus, many crimes involve fiat, and as long as criminals exist, some kind of fiat will as well.

I think also that it won't happen. It is hard to delete all the fiat currency. The government won't allow it. Very powerful people including the government and mafia are in control of all of the money and they need flat around. They will use every single device and weapon we could say that is available to have flat and crypto...both...

Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:10:43 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

The problem is the safety of our account, i believe when crypto replace fiat it means the value will be more stable and the transaction could be fast as fast using debit card. But the security of our account is so vunerable, or maybe there will be a wallet that cant be hacked.
microwave

Activity: 191
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:57:59 AM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   

If bitcoin replaced totally to fiat money we are convenient in terms of processing and about your question what is possible problem we face and how lifes would be if ever bitcoin totally replaced. Same as normal situation but the technology big change to our life bitcoin will bring us to high standard level of all things.
Chachen19

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:34:17 AM

fiat and crypto are two different types of transactions but they will complement and replace each other if one of the two markets is not perfect and will lose many benefits for the trader we have. You can trade fiat or crypto
Wong Goblog

Activity: 310

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:38:22 AM

In my opinion crypto will never be able to replace fiat, this is because crypto is decentralized so that it cannot be used globally for direct transactions such as fiat, of course it is difficult and confusing for retail sellers when prices rise or fall by 10% per day.
nisya

Activity: 318

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:44:49 AM

In my opinion crypto will never be able to replace fiat, this is because crypto is decentralized so that it cannot be used globally for direct transactions such as fiat, of course it is difficult and confusing for retail sellers when prices rise or fall by 10% per day.

I agree with you because people still using fiat than crypto and they prefer to use fiat to buy something. but this will change if all people know crypto and they know how to use crypto and they like crypto so crypto can replace fiat. maybe this will happen in the future as we see that the technology still in the development and everything is possible to happen.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:22:55 AM

Moreover, cryptocurrencies are so technical that people needs to have knowledge in information technology especially in crypto before he/she can use it. Because cryptocurrencies can olny be accessed via the internet, then there will be  a problem that will occur if you happened to buy something and it's offline.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
andriw

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:27:35 AM

When crypto replaces fiat, the government's treatment of crypto will be the same as fiat, starting with privacy that is not private anymore, ownership of crypto assets will be taxed, and no more decentralized
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:52:14 AM

Moreover, cryptocurrencies are so technical that people needs to have knowledge in information technology especially in crypto before he/she can use it. Because cryptocurrencies can olny be accessed via the internet, then there will be  a problem that will occur if you happened to buy something and it's offline.
I think the government is against this. well, I know some countries that prohibit the use of cryptocurrency as a means of payment in their country, but not for investment. so, I think, it's very difficult to happen.
BertoloyBTC

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:25:01 AM

That might be come true ,that crytocurrency will replace fiat currency if the crypto will full activation and accepted worldwide, but I also think that it not totally replace fiat currency and fiat will be still be used in areas where there are no supply of internet access ,that cryptocurrency will be applied for .
kerremy

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:37:10 AM

If that really happens, Possible concerns if Cryptocurrencies replace fiat.

Of course, there are also some huge challenges and concerns with this scenario. Should cryptocurrencies take over entirely, new infrastructure would have to be developed in order to allow the world to adapt. There would inevitably be difficulties with the transition, as cash could become incompatible quite quickly, leaving some people with lost assets. Established financial institutions would likely have to scramble to change their ways.
ShineftChaos

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:18:10 AM

I think the government is against this. well, I know some countries that prohibit the use of cryptocurrency as a means of payment in their country, but not for investment. so, I think, it's very difficult to happen.

In my own opinion, cryptocurrency will never replace fiat because not every people can invest on bitcoins or altcoins and they are still leaning on fiat which is the main currency of their own country.

Kakawate

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:41:46 AM

In my opinion, if fiat or paper money will be replaced by cryptocurrencies, I think its gonna be the same, but a lot easier, the payment system is gonna be a lot easier and more convenient. One more thing, when that time comes, having money is as good as having an investment program, because of cryptocurrencies volatility, it could be a a negative thing, but it also could be a great help for every person.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
embargo

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:57:50 AM

The trend of replacing fiat money for crypto currency is already taking place. While the truth goes in parallel, but the crypto currency is preparing to take the lead. For this purpose, legislation is being prepared in a number of countries.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:26:11 PM

No, the cryptocurrency will become extremely popular but it will not replace traditional money. It can be used only when you have an access to the Internet - paper money is easy.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:20:34 AM

That might be come true ,that crytocurrency will replace fiat currency if the crypto will full activation and accepted worldwide, but I also think that it not totally replace fiat currency and fiat will be still be used in areas where there are no supply of internet access ,that cryptocurrency will be applied for .
But that is not an easy thing to for every government around the world to recognize and accept cryptocurrency due to certain interests which may be political or the policy might not work in the presence of certain existing systems like that of the central bank with is built around fiat.

But lets suppose if crypto currency gets accepted by all the countries around the world, it will definitely give a huge blow to the demand for fiat and the medium of exchange will be cryptocurrency to a great extent.
Coongcoonggg

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

When viewed from its positive impact, cryptocurrency at its base will represent fiat currencies in general. The first positive impact of the cryptocurrency's that it's capable of being used as a currency, with the level of complexity of increasingly sophisticated cryptographic algorithms, public confidence's also increasingly guaranteed to avoid risks such as counterfeiting.
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 10:05:51 PM

Maybe the bitcoin will be able to replace the fiat, but it will still take a long time and in any case it will never succeed completely.
Using bitcoin implies a technology that is unlikely to be accessible to everyone.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: