Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:22:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto replacing fiat?  (Read 63467 times)
Keshi keshu

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:07:29 AM

yeah it will be but one thing for saying no is decentralization so government is not allow for this in future 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jose Rizal

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
Though possible to happen but for me governments will never allow this to happened since it was a huge trouble for them,that would be souch empowerment to the cryptocurrency which make the fiat less important when both parties were helpful for each other. Fiat should not be eradicated and be extinct in distinction betweenthe two because there would be always an exception and I hope they dont suffer,like the minority people that we have.

Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 08:29:22 AM

Until now, I think crypto will not be able to replace Fiat. because fiat is very identical with the country. so even though crypto continues, fiat will not be replaced.

Same here and I think every government will not going to allow their currency to be replaced by any cryptocurrency in the future. The fiat that uses by a nation and its people is called a national currency, it symbolizes the identity of a country so it is irreplaceable. The country might instead make its own virtual currency instead of adopting a cryotocurrency from the cryptomarket.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:12:44 PM

Cryptocurrency replacing fiat isn't that easy, to experience a complete usage of cryptocurrency same as the fiat it needs a large scale adoption. Compared to the previous year what we experienced by this year is a massive fall, but adoption has been taking place in a gradual manner. With this I believe, in future can experience cryptocurrency usage same as fiat but replacement won't happen.

I think some country should test this conversion from crypto to fiat. They should stop all fait transactions and ask people to deal only in crypto for some time. This will help us know the problems which people might face if there were only digital currency.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:42:29 PM

Cryptocurrency replacing fiat isn't that easy, to experience a complete usage of cryptocurrency same as the fiat it needs a large scale adoption. Compared to the previous year what we experienced by this year is a massive fall, but adoption has been taking place in a gradual manner. With this I believe, in future can experience cryptocurrency usage same as fiat but replacement won't happen.

I think some country should test this conversion from crypto to fiat. They should stop all fait transactions and ask people to deal only in crypto for some time. This will help us know the problems which people might face if there were only digital currency.
Exactly fiat has been using since long and it has old history. We all know that people used it only to buy goods but it has no additional benefit for people so I think now time to give a chance to crypto currency to show the worth. I am sure if people will once use crypto currency they will never comeback to fiat ever.
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 08:11:26 PM

Until now, I think crypto will not be able to replace Fiat. because fiat is very identical with the country. so even though crypto continues, fiat will not be replaced.

Yes, man, real life differs a lot from the fantasies of some people, crypto fans. The cryptocurrencies will not replace the money we use. Virtual money is OK only when you have an Internet connection.
anaumar

Activity: 383
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 10:01:06 PM

I think crypto is not a fiat impersonator but a crypto created Satoshi Nakamoto aims to create a new financial system without any centralization by any party to be decentralized

CCN     CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN    
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰      Service Thread    Whitepaper
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 03:04:25 AM

well, many things need to be considered in this matter. although cryptocurrency shows a rapid development, but I don't think it can ever replace fiat, even if it can, it will be very difficult. we know that crypto prices are very unstable. although fiat is also unstable, however, it happens for a long time, while crypto occurs in a short time.
Of course, because we live in a rule, and the rule maker is the government, and they can just make a rule to ban the use of bitcoin easily? Cryptocurrency will continue to grow but not to replace fiat which is backed up by the government
Shanu shan

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:04:15 AM

yes I think it will be replace fiat in future... already crypto grown world wide and everyone using crypto for gaining income...
Shohanur

Activity: 251
Merit: 10

BIB Exchange

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 08:51:46 AM

Crypto currency is online based. Day by day people are joining with it and they are accepting it for their betterment. But still some countries are not accepting crypto legally. As a digital world, we should accept crypto in every sector for our comfortable life.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
vijkaraening

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:12:09 AM

Lets say crypto completely and utterly replaced fiat. Fiats don't exist anymore. All governments have seen the advantage of using digital currency and have completely changed their fiat into crypto, like dollar to dollar token(obviously not tether). How viable is this? For example anyone can see how much I am holding using the public ledger and track me down and force me into sending them the cryptos I hold. I wanna discuss in reality if cryptos actually replace fiat how life will be and what are the problems we are gonna face and the immediate effects of it.   
Though possible to happen but for me governments will never allow this to happened since it was a huge trouble for them,that would be souch empowerment to the cryptocurrency which make the fiat less important when both parties were helpful for each other. Fiat should not be eradicated and be extinct in distinction betweenthe two because there would be always an exception and I hope they dont suffer,like the minority people that we have.
Crypto can replace fiat but for that, we need cryptocurrency to have a wide range of demand. So, big that people don't need to use fiat anymore. This can't happen so soon so we will have fiat in the market for long.
Ezenwanyi1
Copper Member

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

Veil

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:01:33 AM

Assuming cryptocurrency replaces Fiat currency , I think among the challenges that would be witnessed is those in rural areas and those that are not learned will surely be "defranchised" which could lead to protests etc.
Yes, using the public ledger anyone can see what you are holding that is if they have your wallet address.....but asking you to send it to them is not possible because there's no way of linking your wallet address to your offline address
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 06:03:56 PM

in the development and technology everything can happen unexpectedly and it is also possible that crypto will replace the fiat currency, if all countries legalize crypto currencies of course that can happen
pedangrusak

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:23:23 PM

crypto is the eyes of the future and this is important to understand by many parties, but currently fiat will still be used in micro-payment activities that are not affordable to crypto because there are still many people who do not fully understand crypto
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:47:08 PM

I guess this scenario is still too much in the future. It will probably be a progressive shifting of relevance, from fiat to crypto, but the crypto sector has still to ripe a real lot before being ready for such a mass adoption.
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:51:20 PM

crypto is the eyes of the future and this is important to understand by many parties, but currently fiat will still be used in micro-payment activities that are not affordable to crypto because there are still many people who do not fully understand crypto

Certainly but the forthcoming technology of lightning payments will certainly prevail the micro-payment industries for good.
Will have to wait and see how that goes. Fiat might then be replaceable.

I guess this scenario is still too much in the future. It will probably be a progressive shifting of relevance, from fiat to crypto, but the crypto sector has still to ripe a real lot before being ready for such a mass adoption.

Yeah, mostly in terms of handling micro-transactions. For example paying five bucks in a coffee shop and not pay $5 extra in transaction fee or wait for more than 10 minutes to confirm.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 05:25:50 AM

I mean it's not impossible, and I think that with technology evolving at a fast pace so does cryptocurrency and the whole market, blockchain will definitely become much stronger and secure in the next decade or so, and it is possible that crypto will be able to replace fiat if the government finds out the advantages of crypto and how it could benefit the economy.
wildey

Activity: 1120
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:48:18 AM

I mean it's not impossible, and I think that with technology evolving at a fast pace so does cryptocurrency and the whole market, blockchain will definitely become much stronger and secure in the next decade or so, and it is possible that crypto will be able to replace fiat if the government finds out the advantages of crypto and how it could benefit the economy.
yes, even though the development that you mean is happening, I think it will still be difficult for bitcoin, or other cryptocurrency to replace fiat money, because basically each country has different fiat money, and also different prices.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 06:54:52 AM

yes, even though the development that you mean is happening, I think it will still be difficult for bitcoin, or other cryptocurrency to replace fiat money, because basically each country has different fiat money, and also different prices.
on the other hand paper currency is familiar to all circles, of course the lower class will be more difficult to keep up with the latest technological developments, so the government must also pay attention to this, usually things like this occur in countries that have not developed, so it is still difficult to replace fiat currencies

Helpme_please

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:27:11 AM

on the other hand paper currency is familiar to all circles, of course the lower class will be more difficult to keep up with the latest technological developments, so the government must also pay attention to this, usually things like this occur in countries that have not developed, so it is still difficult to replace fiat currencies
technology developtment need hard progress ,and also not all of people will effected of its developtment.we will see unfair condition in each improvement.its happen not only on crypto , but almost all field has same condition with this.it hard and need long time to realize.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: