Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why are you now joining cryptocurrency, where were you in 2009?  (Read 1148 times)
ningo (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:43:14 PM

Most of us here never believed cryptocurrency will come this far when btc was launched. We would have rubbished any idea to join cryptocurrency at that time.Now some of us are a bit late but we are still better off than those who will inevitably join some years to come.So we have generational thinkers,kudos to those who started the fight earlier and brought the industry this far.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:01:14 PM

In 2009, crypto wasn't anywhere near my radar.  What kills me though is that I held over 100 BTC in ~2012 at around $5 per coin and sold them at all a very small profit after a few months.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
cok_elat

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:38:31 PM

I have only known cryptocurrency since the last three years, before that I still can not believe bitcoin will be as it is today. I started believing since my friend was successful because of bitcoin and taught me to know bitcoin and took advantage of bitcoin
andohyeb

Activity: 287

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:40:34 PM

I saw Bitcoins and cryptocurrency springing up in the early 2010 and didn't take it serious, I thought it was part of the online scam or hype system which will go out of existence in no time. Never knew cryptocurrencies would come far like this.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 09:53:37 PM

Great question. Of course, if you know what will happen in the future, then would become a billionaire, would buy bitcoin for a penny and in the mustache would not blow.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:39:14 PM

My problem was not believe, i was in college in 2009 lol
and i even had no one to telll me about bitcoin or blockchain or crypto currency
but still, i am glad i learned, the knowledge keeps coming and the profits too

thats the most important.
tusherk800

Activity: 188
Merit: 70

TAU COIN

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:51:01 PM

Before 2009 the internet world was full of SCAM. Like with MLM, pay per click etc.. Who knows that BTC will be the leading currency in the world. I also thought that it might be some kind of giant SCAM. But day by day i can see the result of BTC which made be bound to trust on BTC. And in 2017 i have entered in this world.

★ TAU COIN ★
TAU - A server-less unblockable blockchain messenger
WEBSITETelegram
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:05:37 PM

At that time I was still crazy about playing games and not at all knowing about cryptocurrency, when 2011-2014 I got interested in payperclick and in 2014/2015 where I got interested in cryptocurrency, I followed stellar aidrop back then and had a break until 2017 after that I started getting to know this forum and boom!!!

I know it's too late but crypto has changed my life completely. But yes I still regret that time was not knowing about crypto, anyway Blockchain is still a developmental stage i think and at least we're part of it right now! So it's still not too late (Maybe) Grin. Sorry for my bad english
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:58:54 PM

In 2009 Bitcoin is not yet that popular to notice and there are other trends in 2009 which is the media always took advantage of advertising it compared to the Bitcoin. Hence, Bitcoin came across when it was 2012 or 2013 and that time it is not yet considered as legal because mostly it is reportedly being used for illegal transactions, that's why the people and medias aren't catching it, until one of my friend told me this that it is possible to earn Bitcoin through mining with your own PC. Then that was the time i decided to enter to the world of crypto currency.

Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:59:55 AM

In 2009 Bitcoin is not yet that popular to notice and there are other trends in 2009 which is the media always took advantage of advertising it compared to the Bitcoin. Hence, Bitcoin came across when it was 2012 or 2013 and that time it is not yet considered as legal because mostly it is reportedly being used for illegal transactions, that's why the people and medias aren't catching it, until one of my friend told me this that it is possible to earn Bitcoin through mining with your own PC. Then that was the time i decided to enter to the world of crypto currency.
I remember that when someone in here said that it's so easy to mine bitcoin when it was on 2009 and he was saying that you can earn hundreds of bitcoin with your pentium 3 computer in a day. In this time it worth a million dollars and that's so crazy amount. Some people have already become millionaires from bitcoin such as roger, winklevoss, and many more.
Hulh

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:07:33 AM

Great question. Of course, if you know what will happen in the future, then would become a billionaire, would buy bitcoin for a penny and in the mustache would not blow.

I'm joining cryptocurrency because I see the potentials that will help me achieve my goals specially in financial aspect. In 2009, I'm still a fresh year student in college. Don't heard about bitcoin and dont have any idea about investment until I graduated. I only heard bitcoin last june 2017 ,when I had a vacation in Taiwan.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:13:58 AM

This is one of my regret to be honest. I should have invested on bitcoin last 2009 but I ignored it because 1. I don't have the money yet. 2. I am not that into investment that time. I am so focus on earning on a daily basis and not focusing on getting rich. Years passed and I continue to ignore bitcoin. What I am doing right now is to work for bounties as much as I can and have enough capital to invest on alternate coins.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:19:08 AM

In 2009, crypto wasn't anywhere near my radar.  What kills me though is that I held over 100 BTC in ~2012 at around $5 per coin and sold them at all a very small profit after a few months.

Not only you many people have done that mistake of selling bitcoins for small to medium size profits because no one knows what will be the future. So if you have made a profit from your trade then no need to regret it. I too started investing in bitcoin when its prices were less than $100 but still keeping some not many coins and not regretting booking profits now and then during last few years. Bitcoins has shown me ways to earn some extra money during my free time.
Crown1

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:48:41 AM

Most people didn't recognize bitcoin at all in 2009, nor did they understand the true value of blockchains.
So they missed the opportunity, but now the value of bitcoin is starting to show up. Grin

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
w33man

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:51:22 AM

Most of us here never believed cryptocurrency will come this far when btc was launched. We would have rubbished any idea to join cryptocurrency at that time.Now some of us are a bit late but we are still better off than those who will inevitably join some years to come.So we have generational thinkers,kudos to those who started the fight earlier and brought the industry this far.

I was not aware of crypto as early as 2009 and was busy studying in college durinh that time. I learned about crypto last 2013 when my brother first earned through crypto investment. From then on, I educated my self and learned about crypto.
Broiler78
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:55:59 AM

I joined the cryptocurreny because a friend of mine joined here and I followed him and was curious about the cryptocurreny. At the time of 2009 I did not know what cryptocurreny was like and how.

✦✦✦✦ Refine Medium
✦✦✦✦
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ BUY TOKEN !!! Join ICO
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
✓ ──────── Whitepaper
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Linkedin ──────── ✓
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:00:43 AM

I've been late now in joining  about in cryptocurrency words but doesnt means thats i'm late also about the benefits and knowledge in crypto investment,because as long as we become industrious and willing to sacrifice and take the risk ,i know thats those our goal would become achieve if we have a strong faith in crypto system,actualy in my own definition its better to late in knowing or joining in cryptocurrency investment than never  knowing the whole of your life.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
lotsky123

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:10:32 AM

I heard bitcoin just last year of November 2017 from a friend. And that time since first time I heard that thing, I just ignore it and focus with my regular job. Two months had passed again my friend ask me to join cryptocurrency and he showed me what he got from joining. And with that proof, I was convince by him to jump in here and slowly I learn what cryptocurrency is and how does it works. And now I am earning bitcoin little by little through faucets, mining, and joining bounty campaigns.
Squa7ch

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:14:35 AM

I joined a while ago.
Not exactly in 2009, but in 2010, my brother talked about some virtual currencies to me and I did not pay any attention. It just sounded silly back then. No one cared. Then until he built a little rig and started mining, i gave him a little help. That was the first time I really "joined"
After all bitcoin ended up having a great hype and my brother sold his coins. He gave me some for profits because I helped him.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:26:46 AM

I discover cryptocurrency in just a year ago mate thats why i call it as a late in here. If in the year of 2009 i already here, i think that i have now a huge profit in many coin because in that year bitcoin is so much low in price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: