Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins will die due to Bitcoin bull run(ETF, big institutional investors)?  (Read 789 times)
vooov

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:14:24 AM

If there is such a change in the market, then I think this is very good. I think that this situation can clean up those useless projects, which will bring better development to the market!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

Why do you think that large investors will not invest in altcoins? I think that if Bitcoin develops, then most of the altcoins will develop.
Because big investors are not going to care for a coin that no one knows and that no one trust, they will want to get in bitcoin because even if the profits that bitcoin gives seems low for people in this market the profits are incredible compared to other markets, so why take a chance with those useless coins when you can buy the best one for cheap and wait for the rest of society to realize the big mistake they have done by ignoring the technology that will change our futures.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:11:19 PM

If there is such a change in the market, then I think this is very good. I think that this situation can clean up those useless projects, which will bring better development to the market!
Possibly those shit coins will die but some altcoin that has potential may survive. Once bitcoin will start recovering some altcoin could increase. Yes it can brings good development with this bull run.
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:14:02 PM

If you look at the last bull run it first started with bitcoin dominance and alts bleeding, but then the alts rallied and many of them were more profitable than bitcoin. Don't rule out the alts, they will make a comeback when bitcoin stabilises.

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
BartS

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:52:48 PM

If you look at the last bull run it first started with bitcoin dominance and alts bleeding, but then the alts rallied and many of them were more profitable than bitcoin. Don't rule out the alts, they will make a comeback when bitcoin stabilises.
But what you forget is that alts went up first and decreased the bitcoin dominance because there was a lot of uncertainty about whether or not we will get segwit activated and there were announcement of forks of bitcoin, this created mistrust in bitcoin and this was when ethereum got very close to bitcoin in market cap to the point people thought there will be a flip between the coins, but this got resolved thanks to the developers that were willing to do everything to get segwit approved and since then bitcoin has not looked back.
blokceyin

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Sound/Foley FX Design Service For Your ICO Videos

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:28:58 PM

Hi, crypto enthusiasts!
I am thinking about recent situation on the crypto market. It seems that Bitcoin found the bottom and big investments are coming, but if you look at altcoins, almost every altcoin is bleeding and money is now moving into Bitcoin. Current Bitcoin dominance 47%!
Don´t you think that this could be end for many altcoins? Big institutional investors will not invest into altcoins...
What is your opinion.
Thank you!

No, it is normal for altcoins to bleed once the bitcoin price starts to rise. Once bitcoin price became stable and increased, the altcoin price will start recovering, investors will buy back on altcoins. Some altcoin might die, especially those who have no working product or no real purpose.

Exactly. ETF postponed for now but that doesn't matter. It will be accepted in the near future and it will have a big impact on all the good projects (even for the bad ones). Smiley

Sound/Foley FX Design Service For Your ICO Promo Videos
JNR

Activity: 585
Merit: 100

@JNRcryptobox

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:59:14 PM

Yes,, thats right and Buying altcoins is one from many way to get more bitcoin
 all of crypto traders want to collect more bitcoin,  because they believe if bitcoin price will growing hard in the future

Follow my twitter JNR CryptoBox - then DM me i will follow you back
Just Contact Me if you Need Me
Ξ BITCOINTALK Ξ  Ξ TWITTER Ξ Ξ TELEGRAM Ξ 
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:20:25 AM

There are plenty of altcoins with real business use-cases so those are not going to die. Bitcoin surely leads any new bull run but most altcoins will also follow it back up.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 01:44:28 AM

There are plenty of altcoins with real business use-cases so those are not going to die. Bitcoin surely leads any new bull run but most altcoins will also follow it back up.

Those who has good fundamentals and already has projects that are running would have a possibility of following bitcoin while those coins that are not backed yet by anything and only has volume because they are used by whales or some groups for their pump and dump schemes would probably be left behind. Many coins are like that nowadays and if you think you are holding one then better think of you would continue holding it or sell and then buy a coin that has been existing for a long time and has the history of following bitcoin's price.

mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:50:54 AM

The bulls come at once will break your assumptions and show that the Alts are much easier to climb and up-to-date on technology. We have a future for them and they are increasingly attracting investors with little capital.

acmrl

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:54:51 AM

At december everybody invested to bitcoin, so altcoins were died? Anything died, after btc alts party starts evertime it is doing like this so I dont agree with you unfortunately.
nizelong

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:12:08 AM

If Bitcoin can be a pump, then I would love to see the death of most altcoins, because they not only have no value, but also constantly absorb the investors' funds. If the market can carry out such cleaning, then I think Bitcoin can be better developed!
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:33:09 AM

Agree with your comments. Currently, I have sold 10 ETH and invested in Bitcoin during this time. I believe the price of bitcoin will increase to $ 10,000 in a few days. Do not invest in altcoin when Bitcoin prices are rising

Hi, how did this go for you? I'm sure you didn't hit your target, but did you make profits taking the is trade?
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:07:54 PM

Decisions on Bitcoin ETF got delayed again, investors are speculating that the price of BTC to moon around 10x when Bitcoin ETF get approved. Because of this reason so many investors we're saling their altcoins and we're buying BTC, IMO this is the big reason which resulted in the rise of BTC dominance. Since the Bitcoin ETF is already delayed now manipulates are working to buy more BTC as much as they can. This whole crypto market is not dependent on BTC but the actual use cases too of the blockchain assets. I don't agree with the altcoins getting dead in future statement, infact if you see history altcoins takes rally with the Bitcoin. Whether it may be going down in the price or going up in the price as BTC is the main trading pair on all the major exchanges. Institutional investors will surely invest in upcoming altcoins if they found project useful and have good pottential. Institutional investors as well as VCs gets huge discounts on the ICOs when they invest.than why not they will invest in altcoins.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 12:39:23 PM

Hi, crypto enthusiasts!
I am thinking about recent situation on the crypto market. It seems that Bitcoin found the bottom and big investments are coming, but if you look at altcoins, almost every altcoin is bleeding and money is now moving into Bitcoin. Current Bitcoin dominance 47%!
Don´t you think that this could be end for many altcoins? Big institutional investors will not invest into altcoins...
What is your opinion.
Thank you!

Pull your charts out further. Bitcoin had 95% dominance 4 years ago and it has been a steady downhill slide ever since. Alts make runs in bull markets and consolidate to Bitcoin during bear markets (though it's mostly to dollars, but let's not make the obvious too obvious). I think this trend (Bitcoin sucking a little less than alts) will break once another coin reaches the top position, but that may take another year or two based on the longer trend.

People realize that Bitcoin reaching a million is less likely than (insert alt here) reaching a similar 200x gain--there aren't enough libertarian posers to fulfill that demand as Bitcoin's most recent advertised reason for existing is a political argument, not a technological one. Add the fact that fiat-to-crypto gateways are increasing, and that Bitcoin's real main purpose is for alt trading, so Bitcoin's actual usecase, the one that Bitcoin maximalist refuse to acknowledge, will disappear before they know they were biting the hand that feeds them every time they called an alt a shitcoin.

There used to be a time when people quoted their alt prices in BTC, now most people quote prices in dollars--funny how subtly language can clue you in to the bigger picture.

2@abcdeeply

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:40:47 PM

BTC is sustainable development, they will never die, they will grow again later this year, I believe this will definitely happen.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:20:35 PM

Hi, crypto enthusiasts!
What is your opinion.
Thank you!

I don't think that altcoin will die upon the resurrection of the bull, it has been observed that top altcoins have taken a ride whatever movements bitcoin has, so if bullish period of bitcoin will come I'm pretty sure same with of top coins but definitely there are some altcoins will die for not sustaining the value of their existence.
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:23:57 PM

Lol at the moment btc is also struggling and this trend is continued from last 8 months which is supposed to be a long time in crypto, secondly we do not exactly know when etf will be approved, although i do agree that etf will result in 10-100x in btc in few months after approval but we still do not know when it is going to happen.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
BartS

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:06:19 PM

Exactly. ETF postponed for now but that doesn't matter. It will be accepted in the near future and it will have a big impact on all the good projects (even for the bad ones). Smiley
I will not be so positive that the ETF is going to be acepted in the near future, what makes you think that is going to be the case? Because I do not see why the SEC could change its mind so soon when the market has not changed that much, besides even if a lot of people are pushing for a bitcoin ETF I am not so sure this is going to benefit the market, many people see this is a the point of entry of institutional money but I think this will also be an attempt to try to suppress the price of bitcoin.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:01:46 AM

maybe it is true that some alt coins that do not have prospects in the future will die when bitcoin bull runs, but a strong alt coin will become X10 - X100 following the trend in bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: