Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to do this?  (Read 1137 times)
jupppo

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:37:11 PM

It's possible to make such system. But no one project will use it so there is no sense to make it. I think we need to wait until official announcement from SEC that crypto is absolutely legit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Classica35

Activity: 518
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:10:03 PM

If a regulatory system is introduced, my concern us that, will it be able to compel all projects to comply.
Also, this is a decentralized system, will regulation really work.
I think sometimes ago, ethereum network was trying to bring up a new development, where every ICO that uses its can be restricted from scamming the investors, by giving them the opportunity of being able to withdraw their money, peradventure scam is perceived.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:14:08 PM

Dear forum participants, I think it's time to introduce restrictions on the ICO. The reason for my proposal was a huge number of fraudulent projects that are hiding with investors' finances, don't pay bounties compensation when the desired amount is reached, etc. I propose to create a verification system that will become an intermediary between the investor and the ICO.

This kind of verification system is tough to implement. Even if the eth platform is trying to have this in place, still there's more than meets the eye here.

If a regulatory system is introduced, my concern us that, will it be able to compel all projects to comply.
Also, this is a decentralized system, will regulation really work.
I think sometimes ago, ethereum network was trying to bring up a new development, where every ICO that uses its can be restricted from scamming the investors, by giving them the opportunity of being able to withdraw their money, peradventure scam is perceived.

I think that is one way of beating these scammers, the opportunity to withdraw your money whenever there is a proof of heading them to be a crap one.
Gypsy.Danger
Copper Member

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 08:58:49 PM

I think it is a good idea. But it will not be possible on this year. Because the sec will take some steps to do this. But hoping it will be approve, because it can filter out scam ico and even scam people.

Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:06:56 PM

That is why the introduction of STO is becoming a better choice especially for the investors, because of the regulations, it is very difficult for any one to come up with fake project just to scam people.
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:10:26 PM

Need a powerful project for this. Totally open. Which will link investors and projects. Which will allow you to follow the progress of the implementation of road maps and many other. Otherwise, the cryptocurrency will not be the same.
nlaara12

Activity: 238
Merit: 37

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 09:18:33 PM

I guess STO will be a better option to ICO,with the level of regulations set by SEC on STO,it will be difficult for anyone to come up with fake project.

imusify  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
DiscordProduct DemoO3 Wallet :: Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper  ❰  ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN  ❱  Explainer Video
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:19:03 PM

Dear forum participants, I think it's time to introduce restrictions on the ICO. The reason for my proposal was a huge number of fraudulent projects that are hiding with investors' finances, don't pay bounties compensation when the desired amount is reached, etc. I propose to create a verification system that will become an intermediary between the investor and the ICO.
ICO's are dead almost. Just wait some time and mass scammers will leave this industry too. It is too late take care. Let's hope for some legal frameworks appearance.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Barinerro

Activity: 182

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:30:48 PM

ICO's are dead almost. Just wait some time and mass scammers will leave this industry too. It is too late take care. Let's hope for some legal frameworks appearance.

ico of course now is not in the best form , but I think there are a couple of projects that can make good money, only of course to find a well-selected project

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:36:13 PM

I agree with your thoughts that it is better for us to use a verification system to make it safer and there are no problems during the ICO. because until now many ICOs in which were fraudulent.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:37:36 PM

"Almost" well that's sure the nearest term that we should address with the current situation of the ICO thingy in the market. I'm curious what kind of intermediary verification system will be plausible on this one.

The very popular one is to have the bounty manager which will manage the whole thing.

- Screening of applicants which mostly don't happen today.
- Screening the ICO/project
- Communicating for the both end (participants and developers)

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jpnl0006

Activity: 480
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:46:09 PM

A whole lot of monitoring will be required on this ICOs are becoming more unreliable and discouraging to investors which is why investors are drifting away a law has to be put in place
Alohadance

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:54:35 PM

There is no doubt that your idea is very interesting and clever. But I think it's impossible to make a such comission which will control every ICO. It's better to study more about cryptomarket and make a research on your own.
Ifychuks
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:02:14 PM

That intermediary in my opinion is seriously needed because some individuals that call themselves ICO team now abuse and use it as an avenue to scam investors.
miropp

Activity: 810
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:02:25 PM

That's what we're moving towards. I think that soon the state will regulate this issue and for the ICO it will be necessary to pass the verification. But perhaps there will be some decentralized body that can monitor this. That would be so much better. But it is not known just how much time it will take.

Plecet Bank

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:08:50 PM

I think we need regulations from governments that have legal powers. So they will not dare to commit fraud. And I think if this regulation applies, of course, there will be many who will benefit. Maybe this will be difficult but this is very necessary.

B.
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:27:58 PM

I accept your suggestion because there is no good reason to pay except when the ICO is underway, other extra money is not needed for us to spend because it can be a reasonable reason to add the money the scammer gets and then leave, I think everyone has realize this so you don't need to worry

cryptonight9631
Copper Member

Activity: 140

CryptoMarketAds

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 04:54:01 PM

Some of the bounty managers are making fools on the hunters they would negate their rewards, because they only have access on how much really are into their holdings on the campaign. I hope some people could understand and make actions on it.

Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 05:33:28 PM

This is a good idea I just wonder how can this be implemented. I just think that to protect the bounty hunters like us the bounty budget must be paid in full to the authorized person or to a legit escrow and it will be distributed once the tokensale becomes successful that way all the bounty participants would get the reward that they deserve.
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 06:37:23 PM

ICO is now the most popular method for unscrupulous individuals and developers to extort investors. They've designed the scheme of getting listed to the sole purpose of dumping their tokens on investors. I totally agree with the idea of ICO's being regulated by international law or bodies. That could assist in curbing their excesses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: