Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:46:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Nxtopia -- a MMORPG built on-top of the NXT network  (Read 11963 times)
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

Can you make the MMORPG super hardcore like Mortal online? Full player loot please.

Anyone can use anything. You can cast a fireball, wearing plate mail (don't have a heart attack, purists!). There will be logical modifiers to doing unusual things like that, but if a player wants to do it, we want them to do it as long as game balance isn't unreasonably skewed.

Super hardcore, as in the nudity/cannibalism featured in Mortal? I have zero interest in it because I find most virtual 'gore' to be puerile and comical. The community may think differently than me.

Dismembering a player after defeating them in PvP, and selling their 'parts' on the AE? No, that wasn't discussed.

no I don't mean the nude stuff. I mean the full player loot only Smiley

All players should be able to kill each other, also from same factions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:53:44 PM

Can you make the MMORPG super hardcore like Mortal online? Full player loot please. Also no elves and fairies please.

Super hardcore - what you mean - after we kill you we steal ALL your crypto?

swartzfeger (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:01:55 PM

Can you make the MMORPG super hardcore like Mortal online? Full player loot please.

Anyone can use anything. You can cast a fireball, wearing plate mail (don't have a heart attack, purists!). There will be logical modifiers to doing unusual things like that, but if a player wants to do it, we want them to do it as long as game balance isn't unreasonably skewed.

Super hardcore, as in the nudity/cannibalism featured in Mortal? I have zero interest in it because I find most virtual 'gore' to be puerile and comical. The community may think differently than me.

Dismembering a player after defeating them in PvP, and selling their 'parts' on the AE? No, that wasn't discussed.

This will be polarizing; some players love it, some like it but hate when they get ganked, some are care bears that wanna role-play outside the Inn.

We may issue a conditional asset upon character creation -- RP (role-play). This asset can then be traded for PvE and PvP flag assets.

If you're flagged as RP, you can't be touched. If you're killed in PvP, I'm not sure how it would be handled. There should be some penalty/reward, possibly one random item dropped from your inventory. Full inventory drop? That's brutal.

We could possibly have an asset that would mitigate item loss on death (not unlike EVE's insurance).

It's an interesting mechanic and worthy of hearing lots of opinions. I've always been borderline PvP/PvE... in my eyes, if you're flagged PvP, prepare to be punished. But endless ganking can kill a game for a lot of people.

We could have full drop arenas, random item player drop in most PvE areas.
chanc3r

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Create an incentive to fund the game by providing special items that doesn't give advantage in the game (like League-of-Legend does).
Do not fall into the pay-to-win scheme.

Yep - agreed, pre-buy cannot give unfair advantage to early investors - some scarce / comemorative items would be ok though.

swartzfeger (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:05:07 PM

Can you make the MMORPG super hardcore like Mortal online? Full player loot please. Also no elves and fairies please.

Super hardcore - what you mean - after we kill you we steal ALL your crypto?

We would have people throwing their phones after getting kited by some asshole. No drops from player coin purse.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:21:16 PM

I'm in....even tho I'm very fond of every one of my NXTs, I'll drop 500 on Nxtopia.
It'll be an hour or 3 before I can do the transfer, but count me in.

Anyone already suggested using the SPECIAL character generation system ?
Dave-the-thick-as-pigshit-but-very-lucky-Barbarian coming up......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
swartzfeger (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

I'm in....even tho I'm very fond of every one of my NXTs, I'll drop 500 on Nxtopia.

I think the initial direction is -- completely equal character generation (stat wise). So you would load up on pigshit and luck charm assets. Cheesy

You could even craft and sell your own EvilDave Pigshit Hair Pomade.
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:59:48 PM

I think the initial direction is -- completely equal character generation (stat wise). So you would load up on pigshit and luck charm assets. Cheesy

You could even craft and sell your own EvilDave Pigshit Hair Pomade.

Not sure if the 2nd is possible (the custom name). But we are planning to make items very flexible, so you can add special effects and stuff. So you can indeed load your Pomade with a lot of Pigshit.

We are also just talking about being able to make your own "special effects" that when slotted into an item, would function as a normal addition, but with your name on it. Of course, the user would have to pay the AE issuance fee and we would make sure to filter inappropriate names.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
EvilDave

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:28:11 PM

For Croms sake...take my money, now!!!

Heres my 500 NXT

TX ID: 1103023256425459700

From my account below: 1580825311588963305

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:33:53 PM

I'm in  Grin

2500 NXT sent just now, TXID 17259695350230030848
sent from 17554870974799505420

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:44:33 PM

This will be polarizing; some players love it, some like it but hate when they get ganked, some are care bears that wanna role-play outside the Inn.

We may issue a conditional asset upon character creation -- RP (role-play). This asset can then be traded for PvE and PvP flag assets.

If you're flagged as RP, you can't be touched. If you're killed in PvP, I'm not sure how it would be handled. There should be some penalty/reward, possibly one random item dropped from your inventory. Full inventory drop? That's brutal.

We could possibly have an asset that would mitigate item loss on death (not unlike EVE's insurance).

It's an interesting mechanic and worthy of hearing lots of opinions. I've always been borderline PvP/PvE... in my eyes, if you're flagged PvP, prepare to be punished. But endless ganking can kill a game for a lot of people.

We could have full drop arenas, random item player drop in most PvE areas.

I am very much in favour of a system like Eve's, but with a much softer learning curve.

Eve is a HARSH environment, but it's very possible to never encounter it if you don't want to.
I've spend months in safe Empire just trading and building, never venturing in nullsec.

And after all these years, Eve still is the to-beat benchmark.

If possible, i would choose for a game that is developed in steps. First something that people get into easily and then gradually adding layers of complexity.
In WoW, I initially started out just hacking and slashing, but eventually developed almost all of my characters into traders who basically ran a show from the background.
Eve much the same.

Guess I'm a trader at heart  Grin

Also love these kinds of games, but that's probably not an option, because not a lot of people like these: http://virtonomics.com/  Smiley

By the way, simple graphics are good enough for me. I like content over looks Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:46:14 PM

I just thought of a pretty cool idea:

Because items are bound to the Asset Exchange as a general platform, this means that it is possible to transfer items from one game to a completely different game (if the devs of the other game allow it). This can allow us to build multiple games in canon, all persisting in the same universe, but perhaps representing different realities.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:52:27 PM

I am very much in favour of a system like Eve's, but with a much softer learning curve.

Eve is a HARSH environment, but it's very possible to never encounter it if you don't want to.
I've spend months in safe Empire just trading and building, never venturing in nullsec.

If possible, i would choose for a game that is developed in steps. First something that people get into easily and then gradually adding layers of complexity.
In WoW, I initially started out just hacking and slashing, but eventually developed almost all of my characters into traders who basically ran a show from the background.
Eve much the same.

Guess I'm a trader at heart  Grin

Also love these kinds of games, but that's probably not an option, because not a lot of people like these: http://virtonomics.com/  Smiley
I think the problem is that you have no real goal. No special activities, nothing you can strive to. Humans needs special little things they can care about. Awards, contests, races, special places to do special things you can't do nowhere.

You need generic/repeatable stuff on the one hand side and you need uniqueness on the other hand side.

For instance: possibly infinite numbers of dungeons is okay. But if there is one special dungeon or one special group of dungeons, that's interesting. Because that dungeon or that group is also special to others and you can compete with others on that.

By the way, simple graphics are good enough for me. I like content over looks Smiley

Me, too.
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 08:59:50 PM

I would like to see quests, i.e. everybody could script a quest and others could trigger it need to pass through some stages until they finished it.

Several statistics could be possible:
 - time
 - ressources spent on a quest
 - places visited
 - etc.

Several rewards could be possible:
 - when finishing quest => an asset from a box (can be depleted, could be refilled)
 - only limit number of successful executions of that quest possible => reward: being one of them; or special asset from a box (cannot be refilled)
 - crafting an asset for free/lower price
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:00:01 PM

Eve much the same.

Guess I'm a trader at heart  Grin

Also love these kinds of games, but that's probably not an option, because not a lot of people like these: http://virtonomics.com/  Smiley
I think the problem is that you have no real goal. No special activities, nothing you can strive to. Humans needs special little things they can care about. Awards, contests, races, special places to do special things you can't do nowhere.

You need generic/repeatable stuff on the one hand side and you need uniqueness on the other hand side.

For instance: possibly infinite numbers of dungeons is okay. But if there is one special dungeon or one special group of dungeons, that's interesting. Because that dungeon or that group is also special to others and you can compete with others on that.

Me, too.

Oh, I agree with the fact that people need goals.
On the one hand I loath "Achievement" systems when badly implemented, but when done correctly (ie. in line with the game context) I admire the grace of such a simple but effective idea. Ánd I fall for it everytime.

Quests, assignments etc. are important. However, I also like them to be embedded in some kind of story.

It's the difference between "Slay n X's to advance" and "Safe my village by exploring the Unholy Cave of Nrgrn!", in which you álso slay n X's, but also are presented with a nice narrative to identify with. Seeing as we have some DM's and D&D players here, thinking up some nice storylines to implement should be doable Smiley

ChuckOne

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:06:36 PM

On the one hand I loath "Achievement" systems when badly implemented, but when done correctly (ie. in line with the game context) I admire the grace of such a simple but effective idea. Ánd I fall for it everytime.

Quests, assignments etc. are important. However, I also like them to be embedded in some kind of story.

It's the difference between "Slay n X's to advance" and "Safe my village by exploring the Unholy Cave of Nrgrn!", in which you álso slay n X's, but also are presented with a nice narrative to identify with. Seeing as we have some DM's and D&D players here, thinking up some nice storylines to implement should be doable Smiley

Indeed. I love stories and story-telling.

How can we incent the scripting of such a story? Any ideas? It should be an incentive that would encourage the scripting of good stories even after the start of NXTopia.
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:14:43 PM

Another idea, I have, is integrating some sort of geo-caching as a quest.

Or, even funnier, integrating real geo-caches to be found in NXTopia.
Damelon
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:14:53 PM

Indeed. I love stories and story-telling.

How can we incent the scripting of such a story? Any ideas? It should be an incentive that would encourage the scripting of good stories even after the start of NXTopia.

In Star Trek Online scripting "episodes" earns you in-game cash and resources. Smiley

chanc3r

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:15:38 PM

Perhaps the game should have zones where different levels of danger exist...
Damage through theft / accident etc should perhaps be possible anywhere.
There is also the possibility of natural disaster...
But full on combat / war etc should be restricted to specific game zones and people can then choose which part of the game they want to play.

EvilDave

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:16:31 PM

First things first......what background ?

Generic fantasy ?
Space trading ?
Post-apocalyptic vehicle combat ?
Horror?
Detective?
Superhero?
etc.......

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print