Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is a good way to concisely explain Bitcoin?  (Read 1723 times)
Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:05:56 PM

Often I'm asked to explain BTC to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most times it's a rambling incoherent mess.

What I would like to see is a short and simple explanation of what BTC is that is suitable for someone non-technical to understand.

For me, I think the good way to explain bitcoin is to tell them that bitcoin in an online or modern investment. Whey they invest money, they will gain a profit higher that what can company give but they need to have patience in waiting.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idrisalomagold

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:14:38 PM

Often I'm asked to explain BTC to someone and occasionally I come up with something stellar that really nails it, but most times it's a rambling incoherent mess.

What I would like to see is a short and simple explanation of what BTC is that is suitable for someone non-technical to understand.

BTC is a virtual currency used for sending a monetary amount that does not involve government intervention.
Thus, it will not incur taxes and it is favorable especially for businesses.
eydrea

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:15:16 PM

Always tell them the truth about bitcoin. Dont make stories which is not acceptable in the eyes of new comers and newbies in this kind of currency field. Always spread good news so that they can decide wether they should let themselves to be involved with bitcoin or not. The best way to explain bitcoin is showing them thw output of your hardworks while using bitcoin.
balamuda

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:21:16 PM

You can explain, bitcoin is a virtual currency that can be a means of payment, but other than as a means of payment, bitcoin can also be used for investment because its value is increasing. I think it's easier to accept.
gaxfrwpy

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:24:42 PM

Yes, there are a lot of new investors joining the market in the last year. I have encountered the same problem as you. It's hard to explain to these new investors what bitcoin is. I suggest that it is a good way for them to get a quick understanding of the world.
iam_aayushiJ

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

Customer Support at https://coinswitch.co/

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:54:40 AM

What is Bitcoin?

To many, Bitcoin is the face of the cryptocurrency market, and for quite a few, it remains the only cryptocurrency they know.

Bitcoin: The Basics

The first to come into the spotlight, Bitcoin is a decentralized, blockchain based cryptocurrency.

It can be transferred from person to person, without the use of a financial institution, such as a bank. This is called a peer-to-peer transaction and eliminates the need for a middle-man.

All transactions are recorded and stored in a ‘ledger’, which is the blockchain. These are not stored in a single server but are distributed across the network, thus making them decentralized, and safe from unauthorized modifications.

In January 2009, an individual or a group of individuals using the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto released the source code on SourceForge.
In 2010, Nakamoto handed over the Bitcoin network to Gavin Andresen, who then sought to decentralize it.

🅲🅾🅸🅽🆂🆆🅸🆃🅲🅷 SCAM 🅴🆇🅲🅷🅰🅽🅶🅴
close up

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:58:31 AM

Bitcoin cannot be understood for the normal people who don't use the internet so you can give them an education for the internet first before explaining bitcoin.
Demanderoca

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:40:21 PM

Bitcoin is completely decentralized and just the individual who got it, controls it and nobody else. It is the world's first digital money. It is an exceptionally beneficial venture for its clients since they can profit effectively and rapidly in exactly how long for bitcoin can restore your cash and benefit for you or basically you can state that bitcoin is a virtual or digital currency which isn't controlled by any government or nation.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

The truth is that there is no easier way to explain bitcoin. Most of the people I always explain to end up getting more confused. Or should I say that their not believing in bitcoin make them not to ever get it even it you explain it.
Simply saying bitcoin is more of an Internet money not physically touched. Can be used to to send and receive money in any parts of the world and received in seconds.
cryptowisser

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:19:24 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 06:05:17 PM by cryptowisser

If you are allowed to use visual tools in your explanation, try this: https://www.cryptowisser.com/cryptocurrency-explained-in-pictures/

Good luck! Cheesy

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Rosaleen18

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 12:36:30 PM

For me bitcoin is a digital currency, you can receive and send money all over the world through internet.
rdangi

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:10:45 AM

Concisely you can say it is a digital currency that is alternate to the fiat money
fqhuqryfhjq11

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:31:34 AM

First, you agree with me that:
The process of learning Bitcoin is really difficult for beginners. Right?
I also experienced that stage so I understand that feeling. Submerge in a dozen new information.
But I realize that there are not many people who write about Bitcoin in an understandable way. I will explain to you like this:
Bitcoin or BTC is the first electronic currency in the world and lays the foundation for the development of the cryptocurrency market.
Bitcoin cannot be created but you can only claim - otherwise known as Bitcoin.
Unlike paper money. Bitcoin cannot be faked.
Extremely low transaction fees.
The security of Bitcoin is high security.
Where is the real value of Bitcoin? The most plausible answer to this question is the technology behind Bitcoin - Blockchain.
CharlieAdoring

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:37:26 AM

I think it really to concisely explain bitcoin with somebody, Maybe before that they might have heard of it like a cheating program on TV and they may be careful. Often people who research about it will be the ones who know clearly.

howardjms

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:05:44 AM

Maybe if i were you, i would explain like this:
Bitcoin is a kind of digital currency that has the same currency value that can be traded like usd, poundstering, etc,
the difference is because of bitcoin is digital currency so there is no physical form like physical currency.
clip123

Activity: 193
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 03:03:09 AM

I lost people when I tell them about distributed decentralized ledger blockchain - the technology that powers Bitcoin and ensure data integrity. I find it difficult to explain to people and they get lost most of the time.

Then i just tell them that it BTC is a invisible gold.
draacubile328

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:34:22 AM

At present, Bitcoin information is quite popular and widely spread on forums, websites, people who do not know Bitcoin can take the time to read articles or study about it easily. I think you do not need to post to ask this question.
Elmalla

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:29:51 AM

I usually explain this to friends and colleagues around me. Bitcoin is a way to pay for blockchain merchandise. It is a symbol of freedom because it is not controlled by anyone or the government!
kingsmith002

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:28:27 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency.You can have transaction without history.All of your information is hidden.It dont have taxes unlike other banks.You can earn on this too by joining some campaigns.
nsmdgw

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:14:28 AM

Bitcoin is a real-valued electronic currency that can be bought and sold or exchanged without any control.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: