Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NO! Do Not Invest all you have on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies  (Read 3818 times)
Mutuwenge

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:21:22 PM

Yes! Not even on bitcoin only, it's delicate to invest all ones asset on bitcoin, as in business term it's either you made profit or loss, due to unstable price...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jcmansah7

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

That's the hard truth right there. in as much as cryptocurrencies can generate huge income for you, you are advised never to invest with all your life savings into cryptocurrencies because it still an experiment as most people usually say it. Start with some amount of money that you can lose and still not be worried much.

Istiriel

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:01:44 PM

As in all best practices it is advisable to diversify with any type of investment. So even with bitcoins and alt.
I agree. EVERY investment is a risk. You need to get to know the purpose of your invaluation. Otherwise you will lose.
vaniy-stepanovich

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:18:28 PM

A lot of people do not understand that buying cryptocurrency is an investment. Investments are always a risk, in cryptocurrencies this is a very big risk. Here you can earn a lot, but at the same time you can lose everything. It is necessary to use diversification and buy different currencies.
Ezenwanyi
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 07:36:18 PM

I agree with you on this.
Just like the adage that says not to put ones egg in one basket.
The volatility nature of cryptocurrency makes it the most  riskiest investment.
So its better to diversify your investments.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
nahotachikwem

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:45:19 PM

Investment is good but you should not invest what you cannot afford to loose. Investing all you have in bitcoin or cryptocurrencies is like putting all the eggs you have in one basket. A successful investor invests wisely.
renata.tuncha@ex.ua

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:15:07 PM

Agreed, it is not the best solution. Moreover, I think it is better to invest in different fields for instance, btc, altcoin, ICO, and Token Sale projects. You will have much more as a profit and fewer risks. If you need my recommendation,  I can say to you that you need to study about Socratus. It is a platform for insurance companies that was created in order to make the communication between customer and insurance company more convenient and simple. It helps to get read of annoying personal meetings and paperwork.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:09:21 PM

wow!  Your points and suggestions are very helpful I really appreciate this. It's very risky for one to empty is account without backup just to invest either in cryptocurrency or any other investments. Because it will be so frustrating when that investments fails but huge profits are meant for high risk takers but we should do this wisely.
sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:53:30 PM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?
Concurred, it isn't the best arrangement. Also, I think it is smarter to put resources into various fields for example, btc, altcoin, ICO, and Token Sale ventures. You will have substantially more as a benefit and less dangers. On the off chance that you require my proposal, I can state to you that you have to learn about Socratus. It is a stage for insurance agencies that was made with a specific end goal to influence the correspondence amongst client and protection to organization more advantageous and basic.
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:39:02 PM

Ahahah
Are there people who do that?
Really?
Well ... yes, it's extremely stupid. It is necessary to spend only the money that will not be a pity to lose
Almirante3

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 07:04:00 AM

Bitcoin suffers exactly this reflex with respect to the appreciation of the currency. The volatility is very high, which exposes even more the risk of investing high values in this type of speculative market.
Stephen Martinss

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:18:36 AM

Yes, investing all your money, assets in Bitcoin is an unwise investment. Because you can not be sure there are no risks when you invest in Bitcoin. The potential of Bitcoin is huge, but its risk is high. You may encounter price fluctuations, hackers, ... Do not dump all you have in one place, you need to have a clause to prevent risks.
Gary Joness

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 08:49:42 AM

As I started to invest in Bitcoin you should trade the amount as if first familiar, when proficient, mastered the process of every transaction to deal with large quantities. Before playing Bitcoin, it is always risky, not only Bitcoin but any form of high profit investment, the risk is also high. So you should only invest in money in the ability to pay or otherwise, it does not affect the finances of the family, especially not to borrow or mortgage assets to play. Bitcoin. Because if the worst happens to you as a hacker robbed or collapsed or the value of Bitcoin completely lost, you still secure your finances.
tungnhapchanvui

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:07:35 AM

Yes. believe me. because bitcoin and cryptocurrencies always move. If you are not lucky and patient enough. You may lose all you have. i'm sure you don't want to suffer it.
Tubig

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

I have read several posts on this forum where people have claimed to have invested all the money they have on Bitcoin, I also read a post where a guy claimed to have used all the $20,000 his uncle gave him to also invest in Bitcoin, some even sold their landed property. The reason for these risks and others is the firm believe that Bitcoin would be $50,000 - $100,000 by the year 2019 or thereabout.

First, I must say that I admire the courage and high risk appetite of such persons. But, I must also warn.
Yes, It is good for everyone to have high hopes for Bitcoin, and also hope it gets to 100k USD in future, but you should also consider a safety factor in anything you do including investing.

Mathematically,

DO NOT Assume,
P(Success of future term) = 1 ; and
P(Failure of future term) = 0

This implies that, you must always leave a little fraction for probability of failure which in this case is the safety factor, no matter how little the fraction may be. Simply put, you don't have absolute control of what happens to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies in the future.

Invest wisely, only invest what you can afford to loose

Just a piece of advice.

What are your own suggestions?
I've been in a consumer education seminar that tackled about invested scam. I have realized that people spread negative ideas of bitcoin is because they decided so wrong(that they invested ALL of their properties). The only tip of the speaker is "Do not invest all of your properties but invest the value that you are ready to loose". I'm not telling that bitcoin is a scam but I am telling do not invest if you do not know how to manage your investment.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:50:33 AM

Yes, investing all your money, assets in Bitcoin is an unwise investment. Because you can not be sure there are no risks when you invest in Bitcoin. The potential of Bitcoin is huge, but its risk is high. You may encounter price fluctuations, hackers, ... Do not dump all you have in one place, you need to have a clause to prevent risks.

There is always an inherent risk involve in any type of investment because you are not guaranteed of success as anything can happen during the process that might compromise your investment. There are some people who are conservative with their investments while some are aggressive and no matter what kind of investor are you, you should always consider the possibility of losing it all hence, the famous advice of "Invest only what you can afford to lose". Many are not taking this seriously but instead borrow from others only to end up to more debt because of the failure. Investing in cryptocurrencies has high risk so it would be better to always have an alternative source of income or investment.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Emmaallen87

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 09:58:38 AM

Thank you for the advice.
I think the cryptos market as well as the gamble, can bring you profits, but it can also take away. So if you invest, you are sure that the investment is your balance and can lose it.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 10:01:15 AM

For my own opinion, I agree to you that we should not invest all of our hard earned money, we should also to divide our money specially investing to cryptocurrencies which it is really risky, but for me, I really much favor for investing in cryptocurrency rather than investing in some material things.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ammo121810

Activity: 325
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:26:27 AM

It depends on the person on how he or she will manage investments. You have a point that we should not invest all because we still need to save something for unexpected expenses like hospitalization etc. As I have said that it still depends on he person on how he will manage those investments.

Macon Bargeman

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

I think it’s possible that the day will come when it is legitimately recognized as a store of value and can be used almost universally as a currency. Currency is nothing but a convenient way to store value/wealth And a convenient way to transfer it. You buy a pizza and you part with some of your currency/money in return. Some of that is used to pay rent, buy pizza dough, pay employees and produce a profit. Crytocurrency has not reach that point. That’s why the term “investing” in any cryptocurrency today is erroneous. You’re buying a mirage, a hope, just some hype. A time may come where cryptocurrency can legitimately be used as a trusted way to conduct business but that day hasn’t arrived. Trying to pick the winner is a crap shoot but the ultimate winner is usually not the first into the game. Witness Netscape and Google. With cryptocurrency you gambling. There will be some winners and a lot of losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: