Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:44:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: serpcoin DIY2 - Do It Yourself Physical Bitcoins  (Read 11462 times)
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:15:29 PM

Serp, any plans for a v3 coin?
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

I wish I had a v1 too. Right now I have 3 funded v2's and it'd be nice if I could have all three (if a third is made)

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:22:45 PM

Yeah, I'd buy some V1 too if they were still available.

Will prolly also buy some V3 if they come out. I'd just like to know the amount of coins per series.

serp (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

@serp

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

Hrmm.. I could have sworn I had that information listed somewhere.  There were 500 x DIY1 and 1000 x DIY2.  There were 48 of each of the 3 versions of loaded coins prior to that.  There are 100 total of the Silver Lapel pins (PIN1).

I do have hopes for a DIY3 and a PIN2 but not all the details are worked out there yet.

Unfortunately, I'm out of the DIY1 but there might be someone out there willing to part with a few.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:33:25 PM

Hrmm.. I could have sworn I had that information listed somewhere.  There were 500 x DIY1 and 1000 x DIY2.  There were 48 of each of the 3 versions of loaded coins prior to that.  There are 100 total of the Silver Lapel pins (PIN1).

I do have hopes for a DIY3 and a PIN2 but not all the details are worked out there yet.

Unfortunately, I'm out of the DIY1 but there might be someone out there willing to part with a few.

Awesome thanks.

Do you consider making those coins for other currencies? If you make one for NXT, I am sure I can sell a good bunch of them for you! You can even list them on the upcoming digital goods store!

PM me if you think that might be interesting. I could even fund raise before you have to decide.

stlcoin

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 04:46:39 PM

just placed order, so excited.  Grin

uvdmnte

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:58:52 AM

just placed order, so excited.  Grin

I know the feeling man...Just received mine the other and frankly the pics don't do them justice! They're even more beautiful seeing them direct  Smiley
serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 12:04:39 PM

I know the feeling man...Just received mine the other and frankly the pics don't do them justice! They're even more beautiful seeing them direct  Smiley

Thanks uvdmnte, really glad you like them Smiley

uvdmnte

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:01:27 PM

Thanks uvdmnte, really glad you like them Smiley

Wanted to post pics but decided against it..like i said pics won't do them justice:) I must thank u serp for the hassle free transaction and the fast shipping..Cheers!
serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 04:07:17 PM

If anyone wants to try out OpenBazaar, I've put up a listing there with a special price on on a few coins. Smiley

It's still pretty new and buggy but I figured it would be fun to give it a try.

Prez

Activity: 243

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

I would be okay with parting with some DIY v1 PM me an offer and if you are okay using Dev as escrow.

I may send first without escrow depending on your trust.
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:22:30 PM

If anyone wants to try out OpenBazaar, I've put up a listing there with a special price on on a few coins. Smiley

Do you have a link to that listing?

Thanks.

serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 07:46:09 PM

Thanks.

Hey devthedev,  I'm not sure how to link directly to a contract but if you install the OpenBazaar software I am user/store b4f52076761d1d3ec4a8e8b2acd7fb29df17b1c2

I'm not sure proper way to say it but I should be listed as the Serpco store with that key underneath.  If I'm not listed then you can click the add node and put that key in to add it (then reload).

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:23:13 PM

Thanks.

Hey devthedev,  I'm not sure how to link directly to a contract but if you install the OpenBazaar software I am user/store b4f52076761d1d3ec4a8e8b2acd7fb29df17b1c2

I'm not sure proper way to say it but I should be listed as the Serpco store with that key underneath.  If I'm not listed then you can click the add node and put that key in to add it (then reload).

Just wondering if you are somehow invested in OpenBazaar because I just cannot see an ecommerce solution being successful which requires a download, why add another barrier?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 08:33:13 PM

Just wondering if you are somehow invested in OpenBazaar because I just cannot see an ecommerce solution being successful which requires a download, why add another barrier?

Hello Fortify,  I am not invested or in anyway associated with them other than I am testing it out.  OpenBazaar is decentralized and so it shares many of the same advantages as bitcoin over centralized currencies.  If you are interested, the marketplace uses multisignature addresses to implement ricardian contracts with escrow.

Much like bitcoin, if/when it becomes popular enough, services would be built to make it easier.  Currently it's in a very alpha phase with only one implementation.  Think of bitcoin during the first alpha releases of the reference bitcoin client.

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

Thanks.

I wish I could give it a shot, I can't figure out how to compile it for Windows though.

digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:11:02 AM

Serp,
I received one of the DIY2 coins assembled from a seller today (was labeled as DIY so I assumed it was going to be a kit), unloaded with the hologram already over the Private Key which does not allow me access to the Private Key unless I take off the hologram.  I do have access to the Public Key which was provided with the coin.

I plan on buying another from your site (since it seems to be a DIY kit) so I can put the item together myself since I have done this for coins before but I am wondering if I should consider this coin insecure since I did not assemble it myself?

Thanks for your advice,
digicoinuser

serp (OP)

@serp

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 04:03:41 AM

Serp,
I received one of the DIY2 coins assembled from a seller today (was labeled as DIY so I assumed it was going to be a kit), unloaded with the hologram already over the Private Key which does not allow me access to the Private Key unless I take off the hologram.  I do have access to the Public Key which was provided with the coin.

I plan on buying another from your site (since it seems to be a DIY kit) so I can put the item together myself since I have done this for coins before but I am wondering if I should consider this coin insecure since I did not assemble it myself?

Thanks for your advice,
digicoinuser

Hey digicoinuser,

Yes, the coins from my site come as DIY only so you would be making your own private keys.

In the case where you bought one that was already assembled then you are putting trust in the person that assembled it as they would have access to the private keys as well.

Thanks for your interest in the coin and let me know if you have any other questions.  Generally pm or email (btc at serpco.com) are the fastest ways to get me.

Braedo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

BtcMarkets - Australian Bitcoin Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 05:42:02 AM

Your site has shipping at 20$ for priority shipping. I'm happy to just go for regular shipping.

How much for two coins posted to Melbourne, Australia

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
██████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ██████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:05:36 AM

That is what I suspected, thanks for the information and I'm looking forward to the kit!   Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: