Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with tokens - hold or sell?  (Read 655 times)
Gifolote

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 08:56:13 PM

if the project is promising then your altcoins can grow in price several times so I would not sell the tokens.
mbally

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:29:35 PM

For me it depends on the tokens, There are some tokens I have seen some great potentials in them and those tokens, I am holding them for a longer term, I don't really care about the price dipping now or not, I have set my target for a long term
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:32:34 PM

For now, avoid selling. The market is still struggling at this point due to the extreme volatility that we are currently experiencing. Selking will more likely to result into loss of profit because the value of most cryptos are falling. Waiting for recovery therefore is more advisable because once the increase take place eventually, huge profit will be to those who are patient.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
romaleshc

Activity: 204
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:34:12 PM

The token dumped at the present time is very normal when the cryptocurrency rates are severely reduced. The general sentiment of most people is to sell the tokens right after the distribution, and I think if you join the bounty, you should do so to avoid selling the Token as the exchange rate goes down.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:36:16 PM

I hold lots of dumb coins for last 8 months and some of them already divide 10 for the ICO price Sad
The ICO time is end now, we have no chance to win a lot like ethereum or bitcoin anymore, sell them when the price x2 or x1.5, that's the best way!
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:47:45 PM

for myself still hold the tokens that I get from ico because the possibility of token price can still develop according to ico project if good then over time will follow the movement of the market.
sinachy

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:10:06 PM

For me it really depends on the tokens, if i get a very solid coin and the bear market is not happening, then I will hold, but if market is in the bear condition then, I will have to sell them off and look to re-buy it at dip.
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:59:25 PM

I guess bear market is the major cause of recent dumps tokens when it is listed in the market immediately, in the past most people hold tokens for months to make some good X return before dumping on the exchanges, but the bear market, is no longer allowing people to hold tokens for longer anymore.

twitchtver

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:13:13 AM

I would recommend to be very selective with the projects you get into in the first place, if you just aim for projects without promise you will definitely end up dumping their tokens or most of them at least.
crazylikeafox

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 12:19:42 AM

Most of the time, I sell my tokens immediately and buy more of my holding coins. There are also some times that I hold it if I see potential on the project. I don’t hold my tokens for long though, I’ll just check if there are any changes before selling it.
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:52:35 AM

depending on what price you are willing to sell tokens. I try to keep tokens as long as possible for a long-term perspective.

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:02:55 AM

Lots of dump their tokens on the market as soon as they’re listed on an exchange. There are always a risk in holding, since you never know how the secondary market is going to treat a token. But equally, strong projects with good fundamentals have the potential to appreciate hugely in price.
How better do you think?

there are several reasons and plans in each futures investment strategy. I think you can decide if you are an investor, I'm sure you never invest because you ask this question. So, there are many differences if you have knowledge about investments, market plans and strategies, especially about trading. I think you should look for knowledge

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:16:56 AM

I don't see any future for utility tokens.
Nowadays, they are needed, because there is a lot of friction to buy them. You have to go through exchanges, then BTC/ETH and then buy the tokens to use on the platforms/apps. The problem is, the same platforms/apps are not ready to use yet. So nobody needs the tokens. And when they get ready, the technological infrastructure will be so developed that you would be able to insta buy and use the token in a millisecond, so you won't need to hold and store it. You just keep BTC.
Rtalk

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:22:59 AM

Now it is better not to drop coins , and keep a long time. You can transfer everything to bitcoin.How best to do-it is difficult to say.The market is constantly surprising.
masphie

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

-= OI =-

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:24:05 AM

sometimes i want to throw it in the market.
but, if i looking back about the project.... i'll hold this.

And, my decision is.... sell some tokens and hold 50-75%

-= OI =-
cryptomarketdondotcom

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 08:26:53 AM

true, depends on the token. i think tokens which have passed some regulatory requirements are for hold since if the company/developer behind it spent time doing their records straight with the authority and to other financial institutions, it's a good signal that they are for seriously building the project in full. like the stock market, if the business is fully pledged to the company's growth, it's a Hold for sure.

Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:33:10 AM

That is completely up to you since it is your money at stake here. You need to do your research and decide whether you are willing to HODL or not. The fact is that the market will not stay bearish forever and it will turn bullish again(Could happen tomorrow, next year or the year after that) which is why you need to figure out whether you are willing to HODL or not. If you cannot risk losing your money, I suggest converting your crypto into FIAT asap in order to recover your investment. Do your research op.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
kreon112

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:11:47 AM

Selling is the 'current' way to make money and holding is the way to encourage your future. The mix of these ways  will be more suitable and profitable from all sides.

GYM Ledger  //  The World's 1st Health Band with Integrated Hardware Wallet
https://gymledger.com/
Join Pre-SALE  |  OCTOBER 1st
btcphmark

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

true, depends on the token. i think tokens which have passed some regulatory requirements are for hold since if the company/developer behind it spent time doing their records straight with the authority and to other financial institutions, it's a good signal that they are for seriously building the project in full. like the stock market, if the business is fully pledged to the company's growth, it's a Hold for sure.

Yes cause sooner or later regulation will take place and compliant tokens are safe. Check Formosa Financial, in their whitepaper ====

"The issuance of digital fiat currencies by Formosa Financial, the consummation of which shall be  subject to applicable laws and regulations, will adhere to the highest standards of compliance and  transparency. All reserve account balances will be publicly visible in real-time and regularly audited
by reputable accounting firms, enabling customers to transact with the world’s first globally  accessible and bank-banked digital fiat currencies"
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:24:51 AM

I think that what you choose to do with your tokens after you get them is entirely up to you, but if you are seeking for advise, I would suggest that you hodl your tokens. Who knows, the market might swing in their favor, and you will be making some really cool profits. You can also sell when you see that the tokens are shitty ones though.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: