Poll
Question: Anonymous Transactions
Good - 8 (61.5%)
Bad - 2 (15.4%)
Undecided - 3 (23.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Mixing (Anonymous Transactions), Good or Bad?  (Read 459 times)
Heyman (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:33:09 AM

Do you think coin mixing is going to bring good or bad things into the crypto-currency world? Think about it, anonymous transactions.

I personally think it's a great step towards privacy, however one could argue why do you need your transactions hidden unless you are doing something illegal.

I used the mixing feature in TIPS coin today and it seemed to work well, a slight delay over a normal transaction though.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=391192

What about DarkCoin? Seems they have not got it down yet but may have better anonymity then the TIPS coin and work faster.
http://www.darkcoin.io/

Will this be the new feature every coin starts implementing, like the gravity well. Is it worth investing in a coin that features this, will this skyrocket the price?

Discuss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zzzack

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:17:57 AM

Its a big deal. I hope other more popular coins like Quark or Peercoin take note and implement this.

Producer
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:35:33 AM

People who want this have no fucking clue the shit storm it will bring.

I personally don't care if it exists or not, probably a plus point really since why not have it right...it's another feature.

However the US gov, the only real pro gov regarding crypto have said time and time again that anon currency will NOT be permitted. Even BTC has to become even more transparent for mainstream full adoption there.

Whether you agree with them or not does not matter, if you want crypto banned and your coins worth a big fat ZERO then make them all anon. They will get the ban hammer and conversion to fiat will be all but impossible.

Crypto needs to go mainstream, without mainstream adoption your coins will become worthless junk.

If you think crypto can survive against government bans you are wrong. Crypto is weak, 99% of people involved in it want to make money end of story. They can't make money they are gone.

Dark coins moment of fame will last about a week.  Tips is now trying this mixing shit also. This is moving in the opposite direction to btc.

Expect shortly a lot of issues for crypto if these currencies get any real traction.

I do not support the dark anon features .... i don't see them as a big deal for me either way, but if this small feature and yes it is small for 99% of users because it is not essential.... if this gets crypto banned i don't want it.

If the US bans it, you can be sure they all will.  Most already want to and are only holding off banning because they think they will lose out to the US in terms of benefits crypto brings financially.

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:41:36 AM

However the US gov, the only real pro gov regarding crypto have said time and time again that anon currency will NOT be permitted. Even BTC has to become even more transparent for mainstream full adoption there.

Whether you agree with them or not does not matter, if you want crypto banned and your coins worth a big fat ZERO then make them all anon. They will get the ban hammer and conversion to fiat will be all but impossible.

Crypto is an international movement. Most of us don't care about US Goverment, because we are not US citizens. You guys are so ethnocentric  Wink

If there are some profit, of course people from different countries would run exchanges. And we will use it.

We are from internet nation

They can't ban us because we are everywhere.

My opinion: Dark is freedom.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:57:57 AM

Only downside to Darkcoin is trying to get Big Vern and his fucked up website to refund you for 270 hour deposit with no money trail.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░