Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:26:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed?  (Read 2996 times)
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 05:59:42 AM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
So many people think that bitcoin don't need marketing and I agree to some point. But we need to differentiate bitcoin from bitcoin cash and all other forks of bitcoin. Because its very difficult for lame to understand the differences!

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:41:01 AM

I think only newbies can be scammed in this way. Everyone that knows Bitcoin very well knows what it is and wont confuse it with another coin. One reason why people get scammed is greedy. When you are offered strange prices for something that is way higher, you should caution yourself. Never buy from a faucet, make your research very well before buying.
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?

In my opinion, I think being scammed is unavoidable especially now that bitcoin is growing there are now people whos greedey enough to create a system that the purpose was to scam others. And personally, I think the newbie in this kind of industry are easy to be target. In order for the smammers to avoid you need to really observe the investment you are going to enter and be logical at all times.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
ShowOff
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

Only buy bitcoins at official exchanges. Never buy from other people for bitcoins because there are better prices of bitcoins in official exchanges. Never ever buy from other people because they'll tax the hell out of the price to make a profit from it.
I think OP means about what scam investment to avoid. Maybe it is like some HYIPs and Ponzis scheme that we must avoid. Once we jump to that scam investment, only matter of time we can lose our money.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
alternatyomega

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:10:20 AM

To avoid being fooled, you should learn about this market. Learn from experienced people.
Kaan53

Activity: 124
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:16:45 AM

If you want to invest in Bitcoin stock market sites, you can do a bitcoin buy on the stock market sites.
andrey755

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:50:25 AM

In my need to buy bitcoin and keep a few years. Or don't leak it at all. In the future, it is likely to replace the classic currency. But what will happen to the dollar is unknown.
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 12:29:58 PM

You just need to study first the investment you have wanted to invest in. Crypto currencies should be studied first before investing because we will be the one to benefit from and it and we can avoid scam.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:31:18 PM

Well though everyone is responsible for his/her loss and gain in crypto. So I think for one to invest in bitcoin or crypto as a whole without been scammed or fraud is to go to the better and best exchanges, the most used exchanges by most crypto individuals with reputable volumes.
Corelianer

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:29:20 PM

You have to be very careful and recheck everything. There are a lot of scams and they are becoming more sophisticated, be vigilant
HatakeHatake

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:33:25 PM

just learn and learn. find any information about bitcoin, scammer. don't believe anyone
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:41:36 PM

first I have to learn who has invested and then I studied the details of bitcoin and I studied for 3 months and I understood correctly and then I looked for information that was not a scam and I searched deeper whether this was fraud or not and I used an application that guarded my account and that really helped me to calm my heart and mind
Cryptolord_ng
Copper Member

Activity: 365

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 04:42:07 PM

Always do your own research before investing in any project, don't just put your money in any project you know nothing about and also make sure the company is a registered company.

SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:44:30 PM

if I search for information and I read read first after that I ask who has experienced and I understand dans I also learned to understand about bitcoin after that I tried but I am looking for investments that avoid scam I have a way to avoid scams but this is my private hehe thank you
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:49:15 PM

The only way is to be careful and try your best to be safe.
I know it won't be easy to avoid scams, moreover sometimes it really looks convincing but it ended up as a scam.
But we can't be 100% free from scams. There will always be a chance, so we need to do our best, look through everything, double or triple check anything. Ask for the expert for help, and try not get lured with something fishy, it will probably scam.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Qurelal

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:02:24 AM

Unfortunately, some bitcoin scams are more difficult to avoid. As you guessed, we are talking about dishonest exchanges, cloud mining services, pamp-n-dump and fraudulent IPOs. Many users of cryptocurrency are faced with this almost daily. Therefore, no one will be surprised by the fact that even the most famous companies are suddenly becoming bankrupt. It is disappointing that Bitcoin fraud is gradually becoming commonplace, but if everyone learns to avoid it, the number of easy money lovers will greatly decrease.
stiletos

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:13:07 AM

Thanks alot for this info! Those of us who are new in the space are likely to make this mistake. Buying Bitcoincash in the name of Bitcoin from unsuspecting websites! So people will go this far to acquire the name "BITCOIN" even when they are aware what they are selling is "Bitcoincash"??
vsa

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:14:01 AM

The issue of security of Bitcoin storage is an important component, I would like my funds to be safe! Your tips are helpful to me.
James_Cline

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:53:53 AM

It never hurts to be extra cautious. Invest in good hardware wallets and only deal with people/organizations you trust (or are credible). Here's a helpful article that I found:
https://cryptodigestnews.com/how-to-avoid-the-most-common-crypto-scams-64816d583fd8
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 02:03:59 AM

So far, I don't buy bitcoin in the external website which I don't know, and I only buy on the exchange which I already knew or in the localbitcoin with the recommended seller I knew. Besides that, I have my local seller who helps me to buy and sell the bitcoin, so I don't have to afraid to get scammed because I knew him personally. First, you need to search the recommended website by reading on here because you can find the good website, and if you want to use localbitcoin to buy bitcoin, then you need to find the recommended seller too so you will save. The best thing is you can use your friend services, so you don't have to worry or afraid of anything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: