Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:58:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed?  (Read 2996 times)
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 07:17:23 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
the first time I noticed that I didn't get scamming was the green padlock on the left side of the site, there will be a certificate or other thing. Then I pay attention to the look of the site, if it's very simple then it's definitely a fraudulent site... finally the most important thing is that I really pay attention to the name of the site so I doesn't go into phishing or scam sites  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mcneLubB

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 08:18:57 PM

There are a few rules that I can advise both beginners and experienced guys:
1. Do not sit down to buy crypto drunk.
2. Check the site name and the copied wallet.
3. Do not install third-party applications on your devices.
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:03:40 PM

I think that it is possible if you know the market and buy coins from reliable traders, as for me, i haven't lost my money yet and hope this will never happen to me as i expect to earn good profit soon

Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:50:40 AM

For a more secure investment in the ICO, learn how to undertake a minimum audit of the project. Watch what kind of project team, how social networks are developed, what conditions of pre-sale tokens and so on.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:54:15 AM

if you invest in the official market exchanger site from bitcoin, there will never be a scam. prices suddenly fall? it's not a scam, bitcoin is indeed volatile and I really enjoy the current price movements.
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:08:22 AM

I think the best way to prevent your bitcoin investment of being scammed is to make sure that you have a enough idea on what you are going to invest like in a other business investment you need to study first before engaging any amount of money or capital. Next one is make sure that your transactions or bitcoin transaction will be private and be secure to your account passwords or account private keys. In investing bitcoin or in any other business you only need to trust your self and your strategy to make your business or investment transaction smooth and good.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:26:59 AM

If you are worried about getting scammed when  investing in $Bitcoin , I will want to ask you how and from where you buy $Bitcoin!!? If you buy from individuals, chances of getting scammed would be more, best way to invest in $Bitcoin is to buy from reputable exchanges. I know those buying $Bitcoin in large amounts up to $600.000 may find it difficult moving huge funds like that, but there are exchanges that allow dollar deposits; the maximum of which I don't know. But you can still deposit small amounts in dollar in exchanges over a period of time and spread your buy proportionate to the deposit amount and period.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:42:02 AM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
Most scams are too good to be true. I've been scam for many time and of every different kind of scan. One of it was buying ICO coins that did not give back return on investment since its price hit its bottom rock. I was even scammed by an exchange hoping that my funds were all secure but suddenly turned out to be missing. Its really hard to see funds going missing and there were many more experience I've gone through (hopefully I won't be on that situations anymore and learned my lesson.)
This time I just choose to trade, buy and hold coins. I no longer join any schemes but rather keep my fund safe on open source wallet. If you will also choose to just buy and hold coin you might consider to have HODLER wallet, its a multi wallet with great security feature.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:42:15 AM

There are chances of scams everywhere and therefore, you've to be double sure here before doing any transaction. Online transactions are more prone to different kinds of risks and scams. The online world is full of malware risks, cyber attacks, online frauds and scams. So the party has to be smart for one's own sake so that you do not have to face problem later in the future.

if you invest in the official market exchanger site from bitcoin, there will never be a scam. prices suddenly fall? it's not a scam, bitcoin is indeed volatile and I really enjoy the current price movements.
You have to watch the market on regular basis so that you're well aware about your market environment and also you can safeguard yourself from the various kinds of risks probing out of the same. One who is well prepared and aware in advance will only be able to survive in the long run!!
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:28:56 AM

Investing in bitcoin is a big risk and investing in it requires a lot of research and understanding. You can seek advice from elite investors but the first thing you need to do is to have the basic understanding yourself. After that you can walk to a local dealer and buy your coins safely

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
jtrapirap

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:38:47 AM

Always bear in mind that prerequisites in entering the crypto world is that you have to be diligent on making your own study and research about crypto and the projects you want to invest in. Do no just rely on the other views and speculation, then make decision wisely and don't risk huge assets and invest only you can afford to lose.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 07:39:19 AM

very easy. we can buy some bitcoin on the crypto market. and we invest in the long term. do not be easily influenced by negative issues that make panic and do not be easily affected by price fluctuations in the trade market. because the price of crypto is very easy to manipulate or be manipulated by anyone. and most of all we must know all the risks if we play investment in the crypto world.
what?Stupid The title says preventing being scammed while investing ,whats this answer?How many people must be like this before we learn how to prevent spammers damn.OP know whats this all about all he needs is the strategy to lessen the engagement from this expert scammers nowadays
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:27:10 AM

Take it as your whole responsibility, be cautious and careful. Buy only in exchange and keep safe your password, pin or any important information. Do not click into website that you are not sure because if they are phishing site they can access to your account or wallet that might be possible of losing your Bitcoin. When I buy Bitcoin I buy it on exchanges not in people. Be aware that scammers are everywhere.
Harlod Benjamin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:43:13 AM

FROm my experience, You need to have your own computer to do only  your transaction, not for any web to prevent being risk such as hacking or scammed
Tynovten_

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:11:25 AM

You just have to buy a trusted market that is so far used by many people, you can buy a few coins in the market instead of just bitcoin. And you alone are able to secure yourself with a pass that is unknown to people. You can buy through your own account.

dmty.0809

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:49:37 AM

Do you mean that website is like ico?
If you want to invest, you can find out first about the project and how much they sell, if they don't reach softcaps in sales, you better just ignore it.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:21:37 PM

For me, I use reputable trading floors to perform transactions. All transactions are processed through the internet, so you should restrict the provision of information such as your wallet address or gmail address to any unclear requirements.

Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:19:08 PM

I suggest that you buy bitcoin in a large and trusted exchange. Don't buy bitcoin from a new person or exchange
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:45:38 PM

I suggest that you buy bitcoin in a large and trusted exchange. Don't buy bitcoin from a new person or exchange

It's not that difficult really. You have less chances of being scammed by just being aware of what you're doing. Most of the time scammers vicitmize newbies who are blinded by easy quick money that they don't exert effort to know about the market. Keep yourself informed and you're more on the safe side.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Vincemanam21

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:35:55 PM

Before investing you must research the bad and good effects in you and in your income, find some source in the internet about legit bitcoin investments, or buy on exchange, there so much in google that we can find, we need to be a researcher.. Being scammed nowadays is not that much. Because almost many people knows  about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: