Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed?  (Read 2996 times)
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:47:41 PM

I think a lot depends on the country in which you live. In some countries it's easy to buy a Bitcoin for fiat and some do not. After buying Bitcoin you have to put it on your wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 05:59:08 PM

I think it's very simple, you just have to go to famous websites with a good prestige, if you do that, your bitcoin invest is secure.

minhlee95

Activity: 527
Merit: 101

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:33:48 PM

I always buy bitcoin and other coins through proven popular exchanges, and I have never had any problems with the security of my purchases. Therefore, just do not trust third-party unverified persons.

Bugatti73

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:51:00 PM

That's no problem. You need just to use 2factor-autorization program, and dont give anyone access to your passwords.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:06:21 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
Buying bitcoin is very easy, if you want to reduce the chances of being scammed to zero then you need to go to an exchange like coinbase and buy coins there, now if you want to retain some level of anonymity then you could use a service like local bitcoins and arrange a face to face trade, the chances of being scammed are higher but are still very low compared to other ways of trying to get bitcoin.
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:26:39 PM

I actually was scammed while I was trying to buy bitcoin from escrow group,the person sent bitcoin cash instead of  bitcoin,and I paid him like I was paying for bitcoin..can't the bitcoin official do something to differenciate it?
ratatat bangbang

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:49:14 PM

I think best way to invest bitcoin without being scammed is by knowing the right address and application in using such account. It is better also to keep by your own your accounts and pasword.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:14:49 PM

I think that investing in bitcoin is not difficult, if today, you have capital, you can use it to buy bitcoin in every exchange, maybe, paypal can be an alternative to buying bitcoin.

Don't trust any site that is not clear, and not an exchange.
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:29:51 PM

I invested in an exchange which later on I invested in cryptocurrency which was truly trusted, namely LTC, so I rarely invested in ICO even though it was also very promising

DJ_Rick

Activity: 241

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:50:48 PM

I think that you can invest in btc and this will be the best possible solution if you want to become rich taking not many efforts. to my mind, you should be careful when trading online
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:58:03 PM

How can you invest in bitcoin without being scammed? There are people using very fine techniques like selling bitcoin cash in name of bitcoins using confusing websites name. How to be safe from such scams ?
if I don't have to be at that risk, if I want to invest only purely on bitcoin, it's not bitcoin cash or the like. so I think it's the best and easiest way than having to risk with other bitcoin names.
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:07:19 PM

As far as I know trading floor is famous and high reputation is a good choice for you to buy Bitcoin to avoid fraud. These are the best selling sources of bitcoin. Transactions are handled quickly and safely for you.

kulitmanggis

Activity: 233

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:12:39 PM

to be able to invest without being hit by a scam it seems you have to be able to see which investment you want because I think almost all investments that have the form of bitcoin are a scam and you can better avoid that do not enter any investment.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:16:28 AM

We can avoid from scammed if we are buying bitcoin in good and reputable exchanger. We can find any information about bitcoin before we buying it in internet or this forum. To avoid from scammed, better always looking security on our web browser to avoid phising link
ELOCIN

Activity: 276

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:45:10 AM

Invest only on those cryptomarkets that is legit and has already proven by most of users/traders. Being scammed is really a tough time for us especially when that money you invest is only the money that you have.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:55:59 AM

Your security is dependent in your own. No own is accountable with it just your self. To avoid investmeny scam, you should know how bitcoin works. How the operations being done. After it before investing do a background check and have some researches about it. Knowledge is the only key to avoid and prevent scams
Yeah it all depends on yourself how you manage your money in investing in cryptoworld, because there are many types of investments here, like ico, altcoin, mining sites, and so on. all have the risk of being a scam, and come back to you how you can choose a safe and profitable investment
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:01:29 AM

By educating yourself. Seriously, people should remember that in this era information could be gathered easily from the internet. They should educate themselves before getting involved in anything, especially things involving money like investing. Getting scammed because you don't spare time to educate yourself and too eager with profit is ridiculous and greed at its best.

Always look for information and review before you do anything.
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:23:13 AM

I actually was scammed while I was trying to buy bitcoin from escrow group,the person sent bitcoin cash instead of  bitcoin,and I paid him like I was paying for bitcoin..can't the bitcoin official do something to differenciate it?
LOL! Then who will be those bitcoin officials? We didn't know them either.
Anyway, why did you choose to buy in escrow group if you can buy on major exchange sites or even in coinbase. Honestly, the problem is also unto us since we tolerate this kind of activity even we know the consequences, like it wasn't really hard to buy on exchange sites. If we don't patronize this kind of activity then people will think to stop since they have nothing to victimize.

Always be wary on ticker and logo of your coins that you're buying, bitcoin is btc and bitcoincash is bch and their logo is too obvious not to differentiate.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:22:52 PM

I want to give some facts about it, My friend is currently taking a course of Information technology and he has enough knowledge on how to avoid or get being scammed. My friend says to me that when I always getting into some sites, he always told that I must check the URL specifically the Https wether it is a color green but if not, think of it that it is a scam and not a legit site.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:32:24 PM

Don’t fall for some TO GOOD TO BE TRUE and check this tips about scam sites

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4264404.0

Here is how to protect you wallets from hackers and scammers

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4360427.0

And here is the most useful thread to prevent becoming a victim of scammers in which i am doing until now

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3415026.0

Hope that would help ypur journey in cryptocurrency
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: